It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are We Borrowing From? Who Is Going to Profit From the Pandemic for Decades?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I keep hearing that our Governments have "borrowed" huge figures ($130 Billion in Australia) for stimulus and to buffer our economies against devastating recessions and depressions.

However, I never hear asked "Who exactly are we borrowing from?" I understand that it's the reserves or global bank... but who exactly is that?

The specific people or persons?... and why don't we hear from them, standing up and telling the world why our children's children will be paying them back for an event that has effected humanity?

Who is going to be profiting in cumulative interest off these massive loans? Why are we even paying interest on these loans, when without them, our economies fundamentally crash?

Can someone give me a valid reason why a random event should warrant generations of debt, and who exactly is profiting from this global grief?
edit on 22-5-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just remember, deceivers use this kind of stuff to gain prestige and wealth. This disease is very catchy, but not as bad as the media and some politicians have made it out to be. The world we live in is full of deceptive people, even in the scientific and medical fields. People chase the buck and also chase prestige. It is not always bad, but in this pandemic a lot of bad deceit is coming out at high levels. lots of people getting rich off of this, not all of us are in the same boat, those in the good boats are taking parts off of our boat so it is not seaworthy anymore. We are now incapable of using our boat except at the dock of a pond.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Same in the UK, while I am happy that new hospitals were built in a matter of weeks, where did the funds come from, and why then could these facilities not have been built prior to the Covid outbreak,

Just shows its all BS when a politicians speaks, for years the NHS has suffered cuts to services and yet overnight we have new hospitals.

Who are the gooberments borrowing off, I would guess the rich, who stands to profit, the same rich only they will be richer once the debt is paid

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

"Every civilization carries the seeds of its own destruction, and the same cycle shows in them all. The Republic is born, flourishes, decays into plutocracy, and is captured by the shoemaker whom the mercenaries and millionaires make into a king."
-Mark Twain

Just be ready for the China-Flu-Tax.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Can someone give me a valid reason why a random event should warrant generations of debt, and who exactly is profiting from this global grief?

There is no valid reason for what the response has been to covid 19.

None what so ever.

The Fed is the biggest winner here in America.

Followed closely by the IMF.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm more willing to take on the debt to save the lives of my fellow man than I was to clean up the mess made by greedy bankers in 08.
Government had a choice between acting for their citizens or sitting back and letting the death toll rise , no doubt mistakes have been made but inaction was not an option.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And here's another winner.

And yet another reason I think covid19 was deliberate.

Hong Kong Take over

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The New World Order 😎

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Except more people are going to die because of the shutdown. So you have the debt, and no one is saved, more were killed.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm just gald they protected us from the covid 1984 by closing small businesses with small to no crowds, then funneled everyone into Walmart.

That makes sense..in the US of Walmart.
...or a Chinese owned US

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is the same # that goes on and on in conspiracy forums.
We find the culprits.
We ask , what can we do about it?

We think about consensus, majority rules, idiocy, etc
We think about who has the most money and weapons and we think about who wants to keep their job steady.
All the little cops and soldiers and government employees just want their family to be happy and they will shoot you because it's their job. thats fine. We are all 'there'

no, you say, I will protest and burn things! okay that doesn't do #.

So we can't really do anything about it?

We can pray.

Thats pretty much it lol

a reply to: neo96

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hope you are #ing wrong.

I been calling my favourite local businesses for the past few days since we are supposed to be open but they aren't picking up.

a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

We are not "borrowing anything"

The Fed types numbers into an account, creating money from nothing. All we are doing is increasing the money supply through inflation.

And there is no "debt". There was nothing loaned to begin with except your own money which was inflated through new money creation.

We owe China? How, they did the same thing. They typed money into existence and used it to buy US bonds or treasuries. You owe the Fed nothing as they did not have assets or anything to "loan". They simply typed money into existence.

Generations of debt... LOL

edit on 22-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
Who is going to be profiting in cumulative interest off these massive loans? Why are we even paying interest on these loans, when without them, our economies fundamentally crash?

Dunno, but...

Trump is aware of the potential of LFTRs...

If he were to dedicate his second term to building 10 LFTRs by partnering with the best of the private sector LFTR organizations who have the expertise to build them, and spread across the country, maintaining 50% government ownership until their investment was recouped and the entire National Debt was paid off, we could have the debt paid off within my lifetime (and I'm 59)...

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The Fed types numbers into an account, creating money from nothing. All we are doing is increasing the money supply through inflation.

That is exactly right, but since all money is created through a debt monetization process, any new money created also creates an equal amount of "debt" which exists in the form of bonds. It's the magic of Keynesian economics.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Article About A Country's "debt"

Ummm... we are absolutely "borrowing" something. It may not be exactly the same as a loan for a house, but make no mistake... through various mechanisms, our populations will be "paying off" the "debt" of the pandemic for a LONG time to come.

That article I just posted tries to rationalise "debt" as a thing that we just inherently pay off through "growth" and inflation over generations, or that the "bonds" that are printed by a country somehow vests in the investor or the purchaser of those bonds in the accrued "value" of the bond, so in a way, we are paying the "investors" of those bonds back when the bonds mature... but that's not exactly true as it's the reserves and global banks that are reaping the "value", or the equivalent of interest, or in the case of a country, "inflation" (the problem with inflation is that in only works on the concept of money, not the assets it describes. ie. if I put a bag of rice in a room, as an investment, it doesn't add 5% of rice by next year by it's own, the rice doesn't inflate... rather, it rots... but the money I paid someone for the rice did increase by 5%... inflation is an obvious contradiction).

All of this misses my underlying question, juts how no-one in this thread has even touched on the question.

Who are the actual people (it's not Trump, Scott Morrison, Borris Johnson, etc...), who actually own the "cash" which is being "loaned" to the world?

I want to hear from the people who are directly profiting from the "loans" we have made (not the millions of investors in the "bonds"), and why, during this time, the accumulated wealth of the world isn't being used to support the world, but rather being as a mechanism to assure higher taxes (how we pay it back) for decades.

So yes... "generations of debt... lol" (ignorance)

I have looked closely... and can't identify the actual people... and these people need to tell us directly, or through our leaders tell us... why an event like this warrants "pay back".

Why!?! Who deserves to directly profit from a random global catastrophe (maybe random), that has affected us all, and we will be working together to recover from for years?

Anyone?... or you just want to all accept the fact that our inflation funnels back into a person's pocket somewhere?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Profit? Ivanka and Jared once he's gone...then Baron when he turns 21...the "Dear Leader's" dynasty is secure...it's what the family has always done.

Self, and only self-preservation at all expense (lives, economy, gov and damned little else).
Remember...Trump's methodology: pennies on the dollar ....
IMO

edit on 22-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I want to hear from the people who are directly profiting from the "loans" we have made (not the millions of investors in the "bonds"), and why, during this time, the accumulated wealth of the world isn't being used to support the world, but rather being as a mechanism to assure higher taxes (how we pay it back) for decades.

As has been explained, the central bank creates the new money but they don't just give it to the government, it is traded for bonds which represent government debt. It's a debt monetization process usually called Quantitative Easing. The way these bonds are created and traded is a slightly complex process, but this video does a fairly good job of explaining it despite being made in 2010.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
Who are the actual people (it's not Trump, Scott Morrison, Borris Johnson, etc...), who actually own the "cash" which is being "loaned" to the world?

Start with the shareholders of the Federal Reserve Banks and The World Bank.

It is a very deep rabbit hole. People have died researching it.

Google "Danny Casolaro" and "The Octopus".

You have been warned.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

We are not "borrowing anything"

And there is no "debt". There was nothing loaned to begin with except your own money which was inflated through new money creation.

We owe China? How, they did the same thing. They typed money into existence and used it to buy US bonds or treasuries. You owe the Fed nothing as they did not have assets or anything to "loan". They simply typed money into existence.

Generations of debt... LOL

No - there is debt. It's called government bonds.

You know bond funds - the ones that have very low interest returns but are considered safe - that's what they buy.

It's also what insurance companies buy, and some portion of retirement funds buy. Bonds go out for auction and businesses and governments buy them up.

Now - that's the way it usually works.

But in the recent case of them coming up with an additional 5-6 trillion that just goes onto the FED's balance sheet - and eventually they are supposed to issue enough bonds to cover them.

Now - I have to admit I have no idea why anyone would buy bonds at zero percent interest so they may be hard to sell.

The thing is virtually every nation has just created a bunch of new money so - I think it all kind of cancels out as long as it is somewhat relative to the countries GDP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join