It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Backtrack all you wish your son. LoL

Your comments show your true colours in spades.

And belief as you wish.

Nobody stopping you as far as i can establish.

Just try and stay safe, not get infected, or infect anyone else down to your religious beliefs, as that's probably not what God would wish.

And on that note I'm away to get sloshed for a while it being Friday. x
edit on 22-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Not during a pandemic.

Jacobssen v. Massachusetts (1905)

That's about forced vaccination. Essentially there is no express Right to oppose a vaccination outside of religious freedom (which the SCOTUS has not totally ruled on). The lockdowns, stay at homes, business shutterings, and infringements on religious freedom DO involve enumerated Rights and have been made absent a declaration of Martial Law... I think you're wrong. The SCOTUS is a lot more likely to smack these governors and mayors to the ground than not. Of course when that happens, those on the "all glory to fascist governments" side of the equation will cry about the ruling and claim it is politically motivated, but such is the world we live in now.

link   
What about the mosques? The synagogues? The temples?

Or does the DOJ only act to protect the rights of Christian Americans?

Some people are asking.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What are you?

Superman?

Yes, however I prefer 'Übermensch' but that's only because these narc on your neighbor/stomp on your rights times call for a more World War II type mentality.

I bet you did Nazi that coming.

But mein Führer, ve vere only vollowing orders!!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

So.. the state cant prohibit honor killings if the murderers believe their religion requires it of them? Or a church could have a good old fashioned witch burning service?
What am I missing here... or better yet, what are you missing?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Im saying its probably best to avoid packing into churches and singing, chanting, praying all over the shop, masked gloved or otherwise until the R rate in your area is well below 1.

As to committed blasphemy, i really could not give a rats arse, if God has an issue with my words or thoughts he's perfectly free to pull me on the matter.

As to the motivations of God i completely agree as its kind of hard to interpret the motives of fictitious anthropomorphized omnipotent invisible sky beings that don't say anything much.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Off topic, but you can check out any number of SCOTUS decisions that will point out your mistake.

Start Here ... billofrightsinstitute.org

I looked, none of them have any bearing. I did not see any that dealt with the government preventing all church meetings of any type.

I think that is why Illinois ended up changing their order to allow gatherings up to 10 people.

I have no interest in going to church right now, I do have an interest in defending our freedoms.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Some people are asking.

It says "places of worship" so I guess synagogues, mosques, and anything non Christian doesn't count huh?

Maybe you ought to think this through a little deeper?

/Sarcasm

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

NO, it's not just about vaccination. It's about the "right of the State to protect the Public Welfare."

The realm of "police power" opens up a whole new field day for the statists, and denying it, or focusing on religious places of worship ... is just intended to disctract us back into divided camps.

Note, that I am not for this use of police power. It is outside of the Constitution.

But is legal. That will be the argument. And SCOTUS will back up the States. IMO

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

So.. the state cant prohibit honor killings if the murderers believe their religion requires it of them? Or a church could have a good old fashioned witch burning service?

I'm missing what you are trying to argue. Are you claiming the Constitution is invalid unless we allow honor killings?

If you want to know whether I am claiming the Constitution is invalid if we allow the government to determine how many people can meet, for what reasons they can meet, and deny people to allow to meet for lawful religious reasons because the government has decided religion is unimportant then yes, that does indeed invalidate our rights.
edit on 22-5-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Some people are asking.

It says "places of worship" so I guess synagogues, mosques, and anything non Christian doesn't count huh?

/Sarcasm

Hmmm ... you're right.

I'm sure that the Trump DOJ is interested in looking out for the rights of Muslims equally with Christians. Silly me.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No. You're arguing ad absurdam, Dawn is pointing it out with an example.

Pretty good one too.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think the Bible and the Koran give believers authority to overthrow corrupt governors?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think the Bible and the Koran give believers authority to overthrow corrupt governors?

Got a quote?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Some people are asking.

Does it say places of worship, WTF are you doing?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No. You're arguing ad absurdam, Dawn is pointing it out with an example.

Pretty good one too.

No it's not. Illegal activities has never been protected by the Constitution. I am pretty sure the link you posted would have some good examples of court cases dealing with that.

Gathering is not an illegal activity. It is allowed. Just not for religious reasons.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Liberty is doing anything you wish so long as it doesn't violate the Liberty of others.

So the state can prohibit murder because your religious Liberty ends when it begins violating my Liberty to life.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Actually, this is what Trump said today:

“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, this weekend,” Trump said during brief remarks at the White House that his press shop had touted as a briefing.

Trump took no questions, however, and left immediately after his brief statement.

“If they don't do it I will override the governors. America, we need more prayer, not less," he said.

The Hill

Just as a thought experiment, in the privacy of your own home ... I want you to imagine what you would say if any other PResident had claim he could "override the State Governors."

Not to mention that he's effectively establishing a state religion for those that pray, but that's beside the point.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Some people are asking.

/Sarcasm

Hmmm ... you're right.

I'm sure that the Trump DOJ is interested in looking out for the rights of Muslims equally with Christians. Silly me.

Are you saying they would be excluded and not allowed to meet?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Liberty is doing anything you wish so long as it doesn't violate the Liberty of others.

So the state can prohibit murder because your religious Liberty ends when it begins violating my Liberty to life.

By the same token, the state can prohibit a public gathering during a pandemic ... police power.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join