It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is so dumb, trump has no authority to make the governor's do anything, and churches aren't essential. More pandering to his base of highly intelligent voters...

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Stick to fixing your own problems OccamsRazor04.

Let me worry about my own. LoL

As to bias, to stupidity, always. x

Good luck at church, hopefully, someone will pray for you.

God won't save you all the same, common sense might.
edit on 22-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

God can apparently hear all your prayers without the need of a minister or priest after all.

It wasn't that long ago that you could have been tortured and burned at the stake for that heresy even in America.

www.funtrivia.com...

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Not all of them are...
Some are, some arent...

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Of course, because multiple sources in multiple states saying it is pointless, you know better. Must be nice to know more than every expert in the world and never needing to alter your opinion because it's right every time.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As far as it being a matter of First Amendment rights, the churches were not singled out as targets, and therefore, it's not a violation of their rights.

But screw it. In my world if you want to go to church in the middle of a pandemic, go ahead.

What is more terrifying, that none seem to be concerned about, is the LEGAL method they used to tell any of us to do anything in repsonse to COVID.

The States could do this because they hold POLICE POWER, which is basically ANYTHING the government decides is "in the public interest." Jacobsson v. Massachusetts (1905)

Think about that. Whether singly, in groups, or in the whole population, the States LEGALLY can command you to do ANYTHING that is determed to be in the public interest or for the public welfare.

And that's been true for more than a hundred years.

We have the rights they allow us to have ... That's the real message of this pandemic.

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
This is so dumb, trump has no authority to make the governor's do anything, and churches aren't essential. More pandering to his base of highly intelligent voters...

You think Trump loses that fight if he pushes it?

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well the Man did say.

"The Kingdom of God is inside/within you (and all about you), not in buildings/mansions of wood and stone. (When I am gone) Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift the/a stone and you will find me."

Not that you're probably far wrong all the same.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wanna make a bet God don't save them?

All you're wagering with something like that is your humanity, just by mentioning it. Offering to bet on whether God saves people or they die strikes me as a clear sentiment on your mindset and values rather than any sort of critique of people of faith.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I am not sure this is accurate?

It is my understanding that upholding the Constitution and Bill of Rights is absolutely inside Federal purview?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's what I have been saying. The real problem is that this is people accepting the government has total control over when and where they can gather and for what reasons. It's frightening. Those of us who find it scary are called paranoid, the government would never abuse its power .....

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Lets just see what happens eh?

Look at it this way your one of Trumps Holy Warriors and part of his grandesque Petri dish.

Good luck with that.

May i suggest some Hydroxychloroquine might be right up your street?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes unless of course he is going to tear up the constitution and take a dump on it.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
As far as it being a matter of First Amendment rights, the churches were not singled out as targets, and therefore, it's not a violation of their rights.

They don't need to be singled out.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

It would be like saying they can curtail free speech as long as they don't single out any one particular group and just take it away from everyone.

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

But at the same time, their selection of what is essential and what isnt has been quite nonsensical to begin with. Church services arent essential but liquor stores are??

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes unless of course he is going to tear up the constitution and take a dump on it.

So by enforcing the Constitution he would be tearing it up? What kind of crazy world do you live in?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

What does that say?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So naw then?

God won't save anyone, sentiment or otherwise.

If he does exist you're expected to save yourself with the brains he placed between your ears, aka pray at home till the whole things over.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

But at the same time, their selection of what is essential and what isnt has been quite nonsensical to begin with. Church services arent essential but liquor stores are??

The Beer amendment, thou shalt not infringe on the right to get drunk.

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

So naw then?

God won't save anyone, sentiment or otherwise.

If he does exist you're expected to save yourself with the brains he placed between your ears, aka pray at home till the whole things over.

That's why we left England, we got tired of people like you telling us what religious beliefs we needed to have.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

I am not sure this is accurate?

It is my understanding that upholding the Constitution and Bill of Rights is absolutely inside Federal purview?

Perhaps, in my understanding he doesn't have the authority, I'm happy to be schooled on the matter though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join