It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creativity Comes In Waves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Creativity Comes In Waves

For me at least, when I get creative it happens in waves. Ideas and different interest bring stimulation to my cerebral cortex, sometimes the euphoric feeling last for months and then a crashing halt. Batteries have to recharge and the shut down begins. Not entirely, consider it a hibernation of sorts, stirring just below the surface of the new-fallen snow, still breathing, still aware, just in need of a break. From the seriousness of it all. A disconnect. Allow the sanity to regroup.

I was just recently watching a documentary, no, although I loved the Last Dance this was different. This was about animal behavior and the contrast between humans. This lead me to an epiphany of sorts. You will not get an article written by a dolphin, or a song sang by a whale, or a meal served to you by a monkey, and the answer has always been, they are incapable of intelligent thought to the same degree as a human.

Spiritually animals are on the lower end, too. We have been taught this to some degree in various circles, but there are cultures, throughout the Universe I would suspect, specifically here on Earth though that revere certain animals and hold them to a higher spiritual degree.

You see, it is all a matter of perspective. From one view, we have animals in a higher form and in the other a lower form, We have a different perspective based on the teaching and the culture, in human form, and spiritually (religion) or otherwise. I will admit to a degree, I feel animals are inferior to humans, I still accepted them as spiritual beings with souls, but without the capability to understand the concept of souls, merely to young, having not reincarnated enough times to reach human status.

This is and always has been a reasonable assumption on my behalf, but the epiphany of which I speak is, Maybe I have been unfair in that assumption, that in reality, they are just as smart or intelligent as any human is and they are self aware enough to understand they have a soul. The scatter brain in me wants to jump right to another topic, the existence of other species from nearby planetary neighbors. We are not the only species in the Universe and every single one of us is unique, to the atmosphere we grew up in or the culture we were raised.

The video I watched today was not really necessary for me to have my epiphany, but it woke me up, so that I could finally come to a different conclusion about all of it. The anatomy of a human is remarkable, having hands is a wonderful adaptation that allows for us to do things animals can not, some animals have hands but don't have the brain capacity. Another difference is the vocal chords and the capability to formulate words.
Still, animals are just as intelligent as humans and spiritually, might in fact be above humans on the evolutionary path of a soul, perhaps, the animals have already been human and are here strictly in a step that requires them to observe humans from a different perspective before they can move on. Is this all animals? Do insects count? I suppose I include insects into the animal category, but there are so many I am disgusted by.

I am a bug racist, I love butterfly's and Lady Bugs, but ughh spiders, roaches and ants....not sure what crazy higher power invented roaches, spiders and ants at least have some benefit. Anyway, the way I came to where I am right now is a spiritual cluster (f), a look down the barrel of the proverbial gun, there are intelligent life forms on this planet that are from other places besides Earth, they exist in the ocean, they exist under the mantle of the crust, they exist in some of the most frigid temperatures and the extremism of heat, they are here for many reasons, but many are a result of crossbreeding through millions of years of evolution.

They, being humans, for starters. There have been many different versions of humans on this planet, not just the last 12,000 years. Societies and civilizations have come and gone for billions of Earth years only to be buried and like Phoenixes risen from the ashes or create in the water, like Dolphins.

The epiphany is about Dolphins. They are something I have always been drawn to, spiritually, felt a connection to, and I am deathly afraid of the water, the murky kind where you can't see what is below you kind. So, I will not be swimming with my Dolphin friends just yet, but the video I watched stirred something up in me a brought down a mystical path this morning. For many years, I have had a fear of the ocean, being in it, under it, but not on it. I can feel at home above it, from a different perspective.
The water actually calms me, so why am I so afraid of being in it, under it? Water represents mother, the amniotic nectar, nurturing her young unborn to life outside the womb. Yet, the under and in water fear is based on something entirely different, some from childhood trauma (Jaws did not help) and strangely from past lives.
No way to prove past lives paid a toll on this fear of under and in water, but that is where my connection to Dolphins comes into play. I have memories that seem fanciful but so real as to have happened to me, fantasy or not, my realization is that Dolphins are the human equal in intelligence, they rule the seas, with love and a guiding fin, they have majestic souls and are above humans on the evolutionary path and they are of another world entirely than Earth.
They are the keepers of this planet. The title I chose for this article was not even intentional and yet it seems very appropriate. It was intentional but without realizing the subject matter I was going to delve into. Dolphins ride the waves and they have stirred my creativity today!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This is the video I watched, but the title suggests it was only about crows, still, watch it or don't the guy narrating it is not annoying and there is no silly music that I remember, I am not that smart.
edit on 07/25/2018 by spiritofsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Have you been reading The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy?

If not, you and Douglas Adams had similar ideas ...

edit on 22-5-2020 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I love this.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Couldn't get through that video, but I did catch the beginning...LOL!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Not a fan of that video. 10 seconds and done for me. I take it it is about waves? Perhaps you could share some details. Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed the OP.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Have you ever been scuba diving?

The ocean is certainly a scary and dangerous place, no more than land though.

As we are the very much the keepers of the land, dolphins are certainly capable keepers of the ocean.

Back to scuba diving, taking your first breath underwater is a foreign feeling. Comparing to snorkeling, where your perspective is somewhat limited, scuba diving allows you to experience the ocean from other perspectives.

It's such an amazing, wonderful world under the surface!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Sorry you couldn't do more than 10 seconds.
Essentially, there is always a "wave"- and we should learn to ride it. Specifically, he is talking about the wave of technology and the dissemination of information that is transforming the world in ways that we can't even imagine. These "waves" are due to creativity that flourished in the minds of those who created all that we now enjoy.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tropics

Maybe you could actually read what I wrote and then ask yourself, do I really seem like I would go snorkeling?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh
Waves of creativity. Got it. Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul
a reply to: Tropics

Maybe you could actually read what I wrote and then ask yourself, do I really seem like I would go snorkeling?

I read it all initially and nope, that's why I was trying to encourage it

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Basically , Man thinks hes more intelligent than dolphins due to everything Man has achieved and Dolphins think the reverse. When the Earth is scheduled for destruction the Dolphins leave as they are obviously the more intelligent.

Wikipedia says it better than me :-

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Such a great series.

join