It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator introduces resolution to ban free speech

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What does my Aunt Karen have to do with this?
I know Philadelphia pools are gross but ?

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

So you can walk to up a child, and tell them you want to penetrate their anal cavity (which would be true), in front of a cop and nothing would happen.

Right? It just has to be true.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The debate is not about Twitter. The Twitter bias and censorship issues have been discussed to death.
It's about Kamala Harris wanting to not allow people to use certain words that SHE finds offensive.
She wants to ban you from using a fairly lenghty list of words, and phrases that SHE doesn't like.
Is that NOT a ban on free speech?? Am I missing something?
FFS, she even wants to 'investigate' anyone suspected of violating her word bans!
a reply to: ColeYounger

I'm not saying you can't make that argument. That would be a matter of opinion to discuss.

The fact is, her proposal is not a "ban on free speech". It's just an attention grabbing headline for the sheeple here.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

So you can walk to up a child, and tell them you want to penetrate their anal cavity (which would be true), in front of a cop and nothing would happen.

Now you’re reaching.
This shows criminal intent.

How does saying Wuhan flu or China virus relate to your comment above? Maybe it doesn’t and it is just a freudian slip?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

There are two chinese boys, probably teens that are true Chinese not 'Chinese' American (that's a whole other topic- Asian studies major - lots of reverse racism anyway) that live in my neighbourhood somewhere. We always pass eachother and I always nod politely. We all have masks lol what else can you do.
Point is even in liberal country they arent all assholes to 'minorities'

I think the major problems are not the mid west or the mostly west but mostly just Imagination-land. see: South Park.

MSM lives in Imaginationland.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
Oh FFS!!! It isn't a difficult enough situation to wrangle all over the #ing world, but NO! WAIT! We've devised (moustaches twirled) an even MORE e-vile twist to the whole thing!!! YOU, the people, aren't allowed to make fun of the virus or its origins!!! You terrible, terrible people you!!! You should be ashamed of wanting to make light of a source of a virus which is known to most of the internet world.

Okeydokeyfine. I guess, then, "Kung Flu" isn't funny, anywhere. Okay, okay, it isn't a flu. It's a coronavirus.

Listen, we shouldn't concentrate on the minutiae. That is the inconsequential things that are distractions for the real and probable big things. Let us laugh at the little things as we've always done, and done take life so seriously, even though it is pretty f'n serious right now. Let's look at the big picture and watch out for the end game of all of this crap.

"Wuhan Flu" doesn't hurt anybody. It isn't hate speech. It's just an opinion. If Harris wants that quashed, she hasn't read the Constitution, or if so, understood it.

If you let an idiot occupy your time, then they have won. Brought you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

I like your advice.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What a crazy way of thinking

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Look, we got all these ppl doin meth, shootin up, stealing abusing even killing and raping.

And we got even bigger problems than that.

These ppl in office are out of touch and corrupt. What a rotting nation...

That's a pretty spot on assessment of American politics and people continue to fall for it every election cycle. The sycophants tell their potential constituents just enough of what they want to hear, get into office and forget that theyre supposed to be beholden to their constituents and push through one pork laden bill after another. This is gping above and betond by trying to legislate the first amendment out of existence. After I left the service behind me, I still held onto that oath and tried to incorporate it into my entire world view. The beauty of the first amendment is that it gives a voice.to even the most offensive speech. What Sen. Harris seems to have forgotten is that this isn't even a slippery slope proposition. More like lemmings over a cliff. You cant legislate how people think and believe. Therefore you.camt.legiate what we say as it's all protected speech.

With that diatribe oit of the way, I don't see this getting out of committee let alone a Republican controlled Senate approving something that was considered necessary in 1789 in order to get all the colonies on board to form a union. Anyone trying to alter free speech has signed their own pink slip.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Interesting to see so many Asians in this thread in agreement to call coronavirus or covid19 the WU-FLU.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey Camelia, how'd that run for POTUS go?

Failded candidates should take their loss as a sign nobody wants the crap they sell and shut their big fat mouthes

"Anti-Asian" LOL

china does not represent all Asians, most of which are nothing like those godless monsters in china.
90% of Asian countries are top notch.
edit on 5/23/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

This isn't inciting anyone to panic. Irrelevant/invalid comparison.

This is an attempt to ban mere words she finds unpalatable (more like her handlers in china find unpalatable)

Its clear most democrats are agents of the CCP.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

My wife is Asian, first generation immigrant, she calls it the Asian Flu sometimes.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Free speech does not include illegal activity. There is nothing illegal about talking about the origin of where a virus came from.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When did Asian become a race again?

I mean, I know it is on all the forms and stuff ... that's not what I'm talking about.

Does this really go back to the old discredited caucasoid-negroid-mongoloid crap?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just more ways to categorize and divide us.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
When did Asian become a race again?

I mean, I know it is on all the forms and stuff ... that's not what I'm talking about.

Does this really go back to the old discredited caucasoid-negroid-mongoloid crap?

God I hope not gryphon

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I like that the zero common sense, low IQ people yessa massa for these idiot leaders of theirs and then call themselves progressive.

This isnt progress, its caveman BS.

Wow, your grasp of english reeks of right wing or poor sarcasm.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I mean ... race is more or less (at least according to most liberal philosophy) just a social construct. Right?

Asian describes a geographic distinction, as does Native American/Pacific Islander.

Latino is no longer considered a race.

And White/Black has to do with melanin.

The # came from Wuhan. Calling it Wu-flu is damned descriptive ... isn't it?

The world is nutz.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Some of you who said for years that identity politics was the greatest threat were absolutely right.

That and the two-party system that works for the corporatists.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Some of you who said for years that identity politics was the greatest threat were absolutely right.

That and the two-party system that works for the corporatists.

Let's get rid of both. Identity politics is easier to get rid of, the 2 party system is a result of how America elects people so it would require more work to get rid of.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join