It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Alright. I've just had two very real deja vu experiences today. What is deja vu? Is there a psychological explanation? A parapsychological explanation? Anything other than a glitch in the matrix
I know that I'm not just imagining having these experiences before...I know I have. Whether I was concious or nor, who knows, but I have indeed experienced them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've had this all my life, not every day but at least once a fortnight. I've come to really enjoy it......when I get it I try to say stupid things on purpose because I know that whatever I say I'll still be expecting it and......well, it feels funny, in a good way.

I've always thought of it as a brief time lapse between your senses and your thoughts.........but I've started to think that it's more than that, because when I get deja vu I feel like I know what I'm going to think too, so it's not seperate from the brain.....
It could be anything, but I'd love to hear someone explain it properly once and for all..........I really want to know what it is to.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree. If anyone has some real knowledge on the subject please share. Its got to be something. Not just coincidence or accident. The same event repeated again. So purplexing...

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I get the same feeling its like I know what would happen before it would. This hapens to me at least twice a day, and this started when I was young.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, first of all, let's clarify that deja vu does not include "knowing what is going to happen before it happens". Deja vu is a feeling that "this very thing has happened before"...it is an instantaneous and contemporaneous feeling of reliving an exact moment in time.

Scientifically I don't think they have a clue what it is, but it is basically described as a misfire in the brain...kind of like a record skipping. The brain processes information so quickly that if there is this little glitch the brain actually process the same occurrence and re process so quickly that if feels like the first processing happened far backward in time, relatively.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The severity of my deja vu is sometimes alarming. It seems whenever i have a strong sense of it, I become on the verge of passing out. I rode by a house one time when i was 18 and had such an overwhelming feeling of deja vu that i blacked out.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I was thinking and discussing this subject the other night. Does anyone else have the ones that not only do you know you did that very thing in that very spot ect, (the whole slow motion "I can't believe this"/"remote vewing" type feeling...but also coupled with seeing something that happened long ago on that very seen?
I think I will do a bit of looking into this subject. I'll post what I come up with.
Ang

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Her is a link of interesting info (one point of view)... www.astralresearch.org...
---------------------------------
d�j� visit� ("already visited")
d�j� vecu ("already experienced or lived through")

As much as 70 percent of the population reports having experienced some form of d�j� vu. A higher number of incidents occurs in people 15 to 25 years old.

D�j� vu has been firmly associated with temporal-lobe epilepsy.
(Now assuming we all agree that we use very little of our brain - I wonder if instead of the oncoming sezure causing a 'feeling of ???', if instead the deja ve isn't causing the sezure? Just a thought.)

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Perhaps it is some form of glitch in matrix.
It is possible that it happens when angels/demons are inserting thoughts in our mind.
On the other hand, it's probably just an error in our brain.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
>Perhaps it is some form of glitch in matrix.
It is possible that it happens when angels/demons are inserting thoughts in our mind.
On the other hand, it's probably just an error in our brain.

I'm very interested in but don't know a thing about matrix.
I supose the chemicals in the brain could give a faulse sence of knowing, just as drugs alter the sences...only one glitch with that that I can see - if a person can actual proove the experience they 'saw' did happen in a time they were not otherwise able to be aware of the inciddent. Then again, one would have to wonder if it was a printed story or something if the 'see-er' hadn't seen that write up at one time or another.
Ang

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I thought the medical doctors agreed that deja vue is triggered by your Olfactory Nerves?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ive experianced this lot, every time it happens its in a dream and some times people are in it that i dont even know but when i wake up i fell like ive seen it before then like a year later it happens and its all explained like i know the people an everything but i still rember dreaming about this exact moment. When it happens it really blows the mind!

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Feels like i've been here before.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yah, yah, me too me too...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
I thought the medical doctors agreed that deja vue is triggered by your Olfactory Nerves?

Something about that theory smells...about that theory smells.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Deja vu is also associated with Psychomotor seizure's, its a type of epilepsy involving subjective sensations (aura) followed by clouded consciouness and automatic behaviour.
It may include hallucinations of various senes, a sense of unreality of objects or people, deja vu, intense fear, abdominal sensations, or awareness of increased respiration or heartbeat. Afterwards the individual is unresponsive or shows depressed awareness for a few minutes, remembering only aura. Rarely, frequant mild seizures merge into a period of confusion lasting hours or days, with fluctuating levels of awareness and inappropriate behaviour. Different types of attacks originate in different brain regions>

blackwidow

neo

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i used to get deja vu all the time as a small kid. i hardly remember much now but i do remeber always doing something during the day and thinking didnt that happen in my dream the night before

wierd no? cus ive never had that kind of experiance after the age of about 8-9

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo
Alright. I've just had two very real deja vu experiences today. What is deja vu? Is there a psychological explanation? A parapsychological explanation? Anything other than a glitch in the matrix
I know that I'm not just imagining having these experiences before...I know I have. Whether I was concious or nor, who knows, but I have indeed experienced them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

It's ok, it's just the colonel's reposts of bush hating material... i get that too.

neo

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Scientifically I don't think they have a clue what it is, but it is basically described as a misfire in the brain...kind of like a record skipping. The brain processes information so quickly that if there is this little glitch the brain actually process the same occurrence and re process so quickly that if feels like the first processing happened far backward in time, relatively.

im with this theory sounds preety plausable and would xplain things quite nicely

top topics

join