It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else in USA Experiencing disruption of Email, Text Message or Telephone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Have you noticed the "ramped up" attack this past week by the USA MSM against anything Trump? How about the CDC? Was the 2019 Ransomware attack on the USA %*%#$ industry the probe? Is the USA under attack? Is the NWO on the march or is it ongoing cyber warfare. I even run the VPN and it doesn't help. So, just our family across 1000's of miles of USA or has Yahoo email been compromised?

Or, too many people on the internet at once? Well if that's the case what happened two months ago. Nothing. Don't talk to me about solar flares or sun this or sun that as here's the NOAA link

Space Weather Update

Well it just started this week, on Tuesday. I have heard from Relatives in Florida, New York, Georgia and South Carolina and California. Someone suggested its because everyone is on the Internet. OK, so why just now as many states are reopening or is that it. Or, the summer heat? What about the recent satellite launch?

My mother has one of those Clear Captions type of telephones. Two days ago her voice to us started to become so garbled that we cannot communicate.

My brother in New York said his wife's email is messed up. Cursor and pages jumping around all over the place. Same with me here. I use ATT - Yahoo email. So did another brother in another state along with California. He also has ATT - Yahoo email

I am noticing that the phone beeps to alert me that a text message cannot be downloaded. So when I look to see who sent it nothing exists.

Hmmm Very Interesting. Please report out your status.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Or as more often then not happens in the Tech world, complex things sometimes break without there being a single nefarious thing behind it.

DD for ATT downdetector.com...

or Just DD in general downdetector.com...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
bingo....twice in 2 or 3 weeks....

ATT

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
bingo....twice in 2 or 3 weeks....

ATT

downdetector.com...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well, the local hotspots are working in my neck of Florida. I don't use email, so I would not know how the infrastructure is doing on that front. But it seems there has been no problem with texts or phone calls either.

Sometimes things just happen. If these things are not working, consider stepping outside and just moving your attention to something else until it comes back online. Sitting at the screen hitting refresh/re-send usually makes it feel a lot longer than it is.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Or as more often then not happens in the Tech world, complex things sometimes break without there being a single nefarious thing behind it

So I see you never reported out except your opinion.

Well guy I beat you to the punch. My brother told me at 5:01PM today that ATT-Yahoo email is all over the place as in messed up and corrupted. Hes the 3rd person to tell me that. He told me exactly as to what your post states. He did the same as you. He went to the downdetector.com and everything is just SWELL according to them and now you confirmed it. It appears that downdetector is bull%^$$^.

Within minutes of him using DD he called into ATT today. Of course they checked their lines and everything according to them is swell. Said it must be something at his end?

Right

Want to try it again?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thanks a star for you! Glad to hear all is good.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Bingo

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Or as more often then not happens in the Tech world, complex things sometimes break without there being a single nefarious thing behind it

So I see you never reported out except your opinion.

Well guy I beat you to the punch. My brother told me at 5:01PM today that ATT-Yahoo email is all over the place as in messed up and corrupted. Hes the 3rd person to tell me that. He told me exactly as to what your post states. He did the same as you. He went to the downdetector.com and everything is just SWELL according to them and now you confirmed it. It appears that downdetector is bull%^$$^.

Within minutes of him using DD he called into ATT today. Of course they checked their lines and everything according to them is swell. Said it must be something at his end?

Right

Want to try it again?

Things break and are fixed all the time without tickets ever getting to the carrier and that doesnt matter if its TDM or VOIP or DATA.

I could literally head to a CO (Central Office) right now and bring down the telco service on most of a major metropolitan City and its not going to automagically show up on DD or other aggregate sites because that just isnt how data flows on transient networks.

Word of mouth doesn't trump reality sorry.

edit on 21-5-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I could literally head to a CO (Central Office) right now and bring down the telco service on most of a major metropolitan City and its not going to automagically show up on DD or other aggregate sites because that just isnt how data flows on transient networks.

So your working in the "cleaning" industry? Just guessing. My brother said that same thing as you did years ago. Take out the telco service on most of a major metropolitan City. He had the keys.

You are correct. So are we under attack? Too many states are involved across 1000's of miles.

Plus, I am assuming that you and my bro are good guys. What about the 1000's of others with keys who would be susceptible to a bribe or woman god forbid or whatever else?
edit on 21-5-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Last night for the first time in at least a decade the internet slowed down to the point pages wouldn't load. Today it has been fine.

High traffic maybe.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Verizon txt multimedia have been about a day late recently.
The 5g probably cooked the 4g

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

So your working in the "cleaning" industry? Just guessing. My brother said that same thing as you did years ago. Take out the telco service on most of a major metropolitan City. He had the keys.

You are correct. So are we under attack? Too many states are involved across 1000's of miles.

Plus, I am assuming that you and my bro are good guys. What about the 1000's of others with keys who would be susceptible to a bribe or woman god forbid or whatever else?

I am not in the "cleaning industry" but my whole career has been based around the Telecom and Collaboration IT spaces across all major verticals including Sales, Defense (classified and unclassified) , CRMDebt Collections , Healthcare and most recently Entertainment but always from a TelcoCollab engineering perspective.

Things have, can and do break or get fixed to different degrees on an almost daily basis.

Sometimes due to human error, sadly that's more common then normal, sometimes due to cable breaks or cuts. Sometimes due to actual, legit hardware failures . More recently Denial of Service attacks can interrupt service.

The company I work for currently is pretty much a target of multiple DDoS attacks almost every day. On top of that many Service Providers use us as an early warning system in a way because we literally have huge numbers of people connecting to our products on a daily basis all around the world so a sudden concurrency drop of users say in the NYC area could possibly indicate that Verizon is having major issues at which point proper investigation begins.

To be clear I am not in anyway saying Infosec scenarios do not , have not or will not be the cause of outages but rather I'm just saying for those actually doing this work, it's typically pretty easy based off symptoms and patterns presented, to quickly rule Infosec out regardless of how many states are involved or what it seems like to users.

TL;DR
While some place, somewhere in the world a DoS or DDoS attack is currently going on there is no info anywhere to indicate anything outside the normal day to day operations, including outages, of technology is occurring.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Not here in Mich....sorry Wg

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Just a guess but I'm thinking internet providers and phone carriers are throttling down their speeds. With so many people depending on internet and phones for school, work and social interaction during lock downs if they slow down service many will upgrade to more expensive plans to gain faster speeds. They have to make up for providing free internet for all those low income school kids somehow without looking like asses- this is how they do it!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Im in Canada, someone on ATS emailed me, I think twice, but I didn't receive it.
I'm have an outlook email.
But then they tried again on my personal email and I got it first try.
I figured it was just outlook being junk.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes, an hour ago my phone dropped out twice while I was talking to a friend.

The message I got was that the network was lost.
edit on 5/21/2020 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I work in cyber security, very closely with incident response. There are attacks happening constantly, and yes there has been an uptick in attacks since this pandemic started. That's about as much as I can say due to NDA's and ACP.

Personally as a customer of AT&T, I have had no issues in the last year at least, based out of the Charlotte NC area. The only slowness with them is getting a call back on getting a fiber run to the house I'm building.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Late Monday and Early Tuesday, my phone kept making the sound I use for incoming text messages, but there were no messages. A couple of people had been trying to message me, but I never got them. By later last night it worked fine. Not sure about emails, but it seemed my speed dropped down yesterday as well.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

ATT and Yahoo here and both are working fine. Text, email, phone, all are good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join