It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Bet You Stay Home Now You Hypokrits."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Funny how whenever a mosque or synagogue gets vandalized/arsoned ATS immediately claims its an inside job but the same suspicion doesn't apply to churches.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What of the other things?

What other things....

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: chr0naut

Okay, Kevin

You got that wrong, too, Barbara.

DC Cowboys
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

um...He prefers "Babs".

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I was on Twitter the other day, made a post (not related to religion at all) on something and immediately got a response from some Seattle geek about being a retarded half brained thick skulled inbred redneck. All because he saw my profile info that says I'm a Southern Baptist.

These people are the epitome of hateful. All it took for this guy to flip his biscuit was seeing that I am religious.

To be clear, I've yet to meet a republican atheist who bashed people for being religious. It's always from the left so it narrowed down his political beliefs.

To the point, I believe it's 110% possible that someone saw people still gathering to hear the word of God and went apestink. You'll most likely find a trashy looking white guy behind this.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Did they have ongoing litigation at the time ?

Oh that's right.

Mosques have been open business as usual during chicom 19.
edit on 21-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Nothing even comparable.

Have you even seen the videos from that era??

Why is it that you insist upon equating many, if not most, who swing to the right politically, which certainly describes me, as being bigots of some sort??

Certainly some are, many more are not. Yet you swing a broad brush full of paint.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Funny how whenever a mosque or synagogue gets vandalized/arsoned ATS immediately claims its an inside job but the same suspicion doesn't apply to churches.

Literally the fourth reply

originally posted by: tennisdawg
This may sound callous, but it is my opinion that this was likely an arson performed by the building's owners. Think about it... very few tithes or donations pouring in the last few months, likely behind on the mortgage. This fire and the graffiti are obviously a ploy to get an insurance pay-out and a huge 'go-fund-me'. Many times in these situations, the 'victims' are actually the perpetrators.

Why would anyone target a particular church in Mississippi right now? Almost all of them are open for business. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

That cassette brings back memories of the mixed tapes I used to make for my girlfriend back in high school...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Including myself, at least 4 people have considered, three posted the thought.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You're painting with an awfully broad brush.

Yes, that particular dude in Seattle was an ass***. Most are not. At least in my experiences...your's may differ.

The most vocal generally tend to be the minority. Not always, but mostly.

They figure that others think like they do, but are too shy to say anything...unless someone else does. In reality, most people react much like I do... "What an idiot.", and generally ignore anything from them afterwards.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It appears the church was more at odds with the Mayor than the Governor.
Drive thru services were allowed...but allowance of FULL church services were still pending.

Crampton said the church has mostly been battling local leaders on the issue and not the governor's office, specifically citing Mayor Kelvin Buck and the city council as the main opposition. He also said the case to hold full church services is still pending and that he and his client were awaiting a ruling from the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals when the fire happened.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sounds to me like their legal bills were starting to add up. Makes the case stronger that they did this to themselves.

Also, they have been playing the martyr card for a couple of months now, so this was likely the next step.

TLDR: Church burned itself down. $$$$$$

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
MAYOR KELVIN BUCK
ballotpedia.org...

THIS Democrat Mayor has been actively fighting the church in court.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

That's a hell of a leap.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Where's the hands across the world, 24x7 news coverage and midnight vigils to speak out against this heinous, hateful act?

Oh yeah....it was only a Christian place of worship and they're fair game, carry on.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

double post

edit on 5/21/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Mayor Buck sounds like a rough character.

Mid-South mayor accused of assaulting resident outside City Hall

www.wmcactionnews5.com...

Accused of assaulting a resident on the City Hall steps.
When the alleged victim's lawyer requested video footage of the alleged assault...it had been erased.
City Hall was cited for the deletion.

This Mayor sounds like he rules his town like a gangster.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Funny how when a church gets vandalized, some on ATS immediately speculate it was an inside job but the same members usually jump all over mosque vandalism as a sign of the racism in the USA...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Having lived in Seattle for a few years, I've got to agree with LSU on this one. Left coast liberals are elitist pricks with loud mouths, far more often than not.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Left coast liberals are elitist pricks with loud mouths, far more often than not.

Bad place to live

For what it's worth not having lived there nor would I ever want to after that.
edit on 21-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join