It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus 'does not spread easily' by touching surfaces or objects, CDC now says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: spacedoubt

...then perhaps we should have taken a slower approach in the beginning, rather than upending the economy and trampling all over the Constitution, instead of allowing politicians to make up their minds based on recommendations from scientists with woefully incomplete and inaccurate data?

BINGO...

but rational thinking has no place in this situation now does it..

well at least among democrat leaders

scrounger

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
here is the problem with the infection claim on surfaces .

people dont look at the total situation or to put it more simply they look at POSSIBLE vs PROBABLE.

let me give two examples

its POSSIBLE that if you hit your head on say a door frame going under it (due to being too tall) that you could develop a slow brain bleed that when you go to sleep it gets worse and kills you.

now its POSSIBLE.. but W, X Y and Z have to happen in a specific order . the Probability of that happening is very low to non existent ..

the second one is a direct comparison.

remember the hoopla of peanut oil made popcorn in movie theaters.
the center for public heath put out a report that it was very harmful to people and got the practice stopped for the crap we have now.

it was possible.
but outside on an allergy it the FACTS in the report showed you have to eat an unrealistic amount several times a day for more than a few weeks to have a CHANCE of this happening

again what is POSSIBLE VS WHAT IS PROBABLE

on this case under specific conditions, that change with each material it is POSSIBLE you could get infected by the corvid virus.
but the probability of that happening was VERY LOW and still depended on a specific set of conditions in a specific order to have even a chance of it happening.

but the fear mongers ran with it, the press didnt give a damn about investigating or knowing the truth , and they reported as such.

with the gov making policy based on it.

in short a microcosm of the whole corona virus situation.

dealing in POSSIBILITY instead of probability

btw to remind your odds of DYING from corona virus (unless very specific vulnerabilities ) is 99.8 or better.
with some vulnerabilities 98 percent or better survival)

scrounger

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The masses were duped into trading liberty for security, they cheered and clapped as we destroyed our economies and life savings, now the dust is beginning to settle and still the neurotic fools pat themselves on the back.

I for one am not surprised.

edit on 25/5/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger
here is the problem with the infection claim on surfaces .

people dont look at the total situation or to put it more simply they look at POSSIBLE vs PROBABLE.

let me give two examples

its POSSIBLE that if you hit your head on say a door frame going under it (due to being too tall) that you could develop a slow brain bleed that when you go to sleep it gets worse and kills you.

now its POSSIBLE.. but W, X Y and Z have to happen in a specific order . the Probability of that happening is very low to non existent ..

the second one is a direct comparison.

remember the hoopla of peanut oil made popcorn in movie theaters.
the center for public heath put out a report that it was very harmful to people and got the practice stopped for the crap we have now.

it was possible.
but outside on an allergy it the FACTS in the report showed you have to eat an unrealistic amount several times a day for more than a few weeks to have a CHANCE of this happening

again what is POSSIBLE VS WHAT IS PROBABLE

on this case under specific conditions, that change with each material it is POSSIBLE you could get infected by the corvid virus.
but the probability of that happening was VERY LOW and still depended on a specific set of conditions in a specific order to have even a chance of it happening.

but the fear mongers ran with it, the press didnt give a damn about investigating or knowing the truth , and they reported as such.

with the gov making policy based on it.

in short a microcosm of the whole corona virus situation.

dealing in POSSIBILITY instead of probability

btw to remind your odds of DYING from corona virus (unless very specific vulnerabilities ) is 99.8 or better.
with some vulnerabilities 98 percent or better survival)

scrounger

ok before someone calls me out I forgot to add the odds of dying from corvid is .02 percent or the odds of survival are 99.8 percent or better.

i admit posting late I didnt catch it right away and want to be honest but more importantly accurate.

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join