It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early US History and What We are Made Of

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Advantage

Being honest and realistic that is so true and totally new to me too

What is also not widely known is the other destination for convicts, West Africa. Now Australia and I expect the New World Colonies would have been something of a chance for survival at least for those deported overseas. The convicts sent to West Africa were the real bad boys (maybe lassies) and that destination was a near certain death sentence due to the illnesses or disease or something like that the new arrivals became infected with.

I read a book about the historic accounts of transported convicts to the Americas and Australia.. and it definitely was survival of the fittest that put hunger games to shame. Ive not ran across any first hand accounts of the African transports.. maybe because none really survived. Even in AUstralia and the Americas they were let off in VERY bad areas.. the disease and unfamiliar terrain/indigenous people/ animals/vegitation/disease vectors was a huge learning curve. Only the toughest of the lot remained.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Its customary to at least provide links supporting any theory that runs contrary to generally accepted belief.....and I think that's reasonable.
Why wouldn't you want to?
If you want to promote a specific version of events or timeline why wouldn't you want to provide as much supportive evidence as possible to give it some level of validity and credibility?

I think I'll give your theory about as much time and credence as you yourself obviously do.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Freeborn

Any links?

Nope they exist but I have none to give and no apologies...I am your link to the truth...you have to dig the rest up yourself or you will never be properly pissed off at the People who buried it in the first place and you sure will not respect me for doing your legwork for you. I have a batch of Gingerbread cookies blushing at me so I have to go....good luck with your digging.

My DNA is the same as King Arthur's, so I'm really the King of Britian and I have the magical Sword in the Stone in my back garden and my pond is where the Lady of the Lake lives, the original round table is in my garage and the mummy of Merlin is in my loft, I am your link to the truth.
See how easy that is??
Post one single piece of evidence other than myths and stories that a flood covered the entire world.

Have you researched your family history? Maybe you are related to King Arthur!

It is possible to go back to 500AD. I got back to 800AD, what's a few hundred years?

It could be true, can I see the sword? Is the Lady of the Lake hot looking?
edit on 24-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Its customary to at least provide links supporting any theory that runs contrary to generally accepted belief.....and I think that's reasonable.
Why wouldn't you want to?
If you want to promote a specific version of events or timeline why wouldn't you want to provide as much supportive evidence as possible to give it some level of validity and credibility?

I think I'll give your theory about as much time and credence as you yourself obviously do.

The answer is because we are not on a fact finding mission here...you are learning things you did not know before....but want to pretend we are on an even keel....no Teacher and no Student....and that is childish and simply not true....you wish to work TOGETHER.....lol....but that's not possible you have been stuck in the mud your entire life and I have not......lol...therefore all that can possibly happen that is forward and positive is for me to give YOU a hand up.

As far as giving credence goes ...well.... that sounds like a fine arrangement to me,I gave you as much as your attitude really deserved...see what we did there?

We did not waste my time,and yours is being invested in making a debacle of your own work ethic.I call that a fair deal.

I often engage in this exact topic of conversation but from a Teaching perspective with honest open focussed well intended Students....to many people are smart enough to tune in immediately to waste ANY time pulling or dragging lazy minds around.

Have a nice Day.

edit on 25-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

You make a lot of assumptions about me which are generally way wide of the mark.
It doesn't surprise me that someone as arrogant and ignorant as yourself should be so hopeless at reading people.

A simple request for links to sources - an accepted practice thorughtout academia and more relevently on this occassion ATS - results in what can only be described as an outburst of conceited, sanctimonious and pompous claptrap.

You are not some sort of sagacious font of all knowledge individual with earth shattering insights into human development and consciousness, you Sir seem lacking in the ability to show any sort of courtesy or manners to fellow members and have an incredibly over-inflated opinion of yourself, your opinions lack substance and originality and you come across as being an arsehole of the highest order.

I don't particularly care if you have a 'nice Day' or not......but I assure you I shall. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You make a lot of assumptions about me which are generally way wide of the mark.
It doesn't surprise me that someone as arrogant and ignorant as yourself should be so hopeless at reading people.

A simple request for links to sources - an accepted practice thorughtout academia and more relevently on this occassion ATS - results in what can only be described as an outburst of conceited, sanctimonious and pompous claptrap.

You are not some sort of sagacious font of all knowledge individual with earth shattering insights into human development and consciousness, you Sir seem lacking in the ability to show any sort of courtesy or manners to fellow members and have an incredibly over-inflated opinion of yourself, your opinions lack substance and originality and you come across as being an arsehole of the highest order.

I don't particularly care if you have a 'nice Day' or not......but I assure you I shall. Thank you.

And all of this has exactly what to do with this thread or topic?

There are many other links available but your lazy arse can go find them yourself.

You want people to believe that they can not possibly discover anything NEW....that if their observations do not fit the Status Quo parameters of traditional conventional thinking then they are simply not valid......what are you doing on ATS?...This entire site is a Platform for open minded thought and discussion of the constellation of contrasts that exist between traditional conventional perspectives and their opposites...….you need to reconsider where you are spending your time and why you are here right now.....this is not and has never been a Court of Opinion driven by forced Traditional Status Quo parameters or envelopes....we do not begin and end on ATS as per Status Quo defined Peer Reviewed Opinions called facts.

Yes,wether you like it or not......there are things on ATS MANY things that are catalyst links...and there ARE NONE OF YOUR INSULATED BASTARDISED LINKYS to prove them out....because they are based upon ORIGINAL THOUGHT....not regurgitated dogma.

There are many paths to a single destination....you wish to automatically disenfranchise every single Path that does not conform to Peer Approved Published Bull#....which puts everyone else in a box....lol...lol...lol...your mind does not even conceive that it is the Peer Approved Status Quo perspective that is so fraudulent disharmonious bastardized and disjointed and that it stands out like a Pink Elephant in the Room.....you really don't get that....you suffer from a bad case of The Emporers New Clothes...….

Early USA History needs to have a definitive timeline attatched to it because if we go back far enough we begin to deal with Continental Displacement ...which completely redefines the word Indiginous.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Err....I think you just proved the points I was making. Thank you.

You're beginning to remind me of Turbo in the Flat Earth thread.....full of empty rhetoric lacking substance and/or evidence.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

If toughness isn't a big part of the equation then you know nothing of the history of the USA. Because it was ALL toughness.
how settlers battled bitter snow storms and long winters in the

I know my history pretty well thank you and it's not about toughness, people have migrated across the world since humans could first stand, it's a human "condition". Not just an American one?!?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with patriotism but the "my county is the toughest and so are it's people" crap is ridiculous. If that were the case then the aboriginal or native people who survived the invasion and onslaught of the migrants and conquerors would be the toughest? Also humans have "lived" on the "sides of hills or small buildings, living with their livestock with little food or heat." since we first settled instead of hunting and gathering thousands of years ago.
If I thought like you then I could say us Brits are the toughest because if it weren't for us first settling America then bla bla bla. What about the first Humans to leave African weren't they the "toughest" and so on.........???
edit on 25-5-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The answer is because we are not on a fact finding mission here

You got that right!
Reading anything you've posted so far doesn't have a single fact with in it.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Is the Lady of the Lake hot looking?

Yeah if you can take all that water going everywhere!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As Kurokage so adamantly points out, that all people have suffered though out their individual histories and therefore all of us have the stuff, that humanity in it's entirety has the same level of toughness. That merely broadens my statement to include all our history, sounds good to me. I just wanted to point out my own family's connections with this idea. I hadn't explored the idea that toughness wasn't a general trait of a species. Perhaps this is merely a personal generalization and in a scientific sense, not provable.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I tip my hat to you sir.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just to pacify the green crew out there, I more than willing to admit that there are many other species on our planet that are way tougher than humans. For example, the common American Dog Tick would be nearly indestructible if it was fire resistant. My personal opinion based on experience of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join