It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early US History and What We are Made Of

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Aren't all the Aussies Crooks? Weren't they from crookland??

Oh yeah for sure, a really good proportion of the average Caucasian modern Aussie are descended from criminal elements from the British Isles for sure. Be it livestock crooks, highway men, fraudsters, even Scottish Highlanders who were deported to make way for sheep farms and how dare they get in the way of maximizing grazing and occasionally rebelling against TPTB they are all from the Crookland

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

My apologies for simplifying, but it had to be tougher to live in new frontiers up until the 20th century. People now in the developed world still retain centuries of selected genetic traits, toughness in a general sense has to be as big a part as willpower, individuality, and willingness to take risks. Without hard documentation this is my opinion of course, perhaps you could find some and validate yours. I may dive deeper into this after I get home from work, your research would be most welcome.

I'm British and my Fathers family are from the North of England with my surname mentioned in the Doomsday book whilst my Mothers family are possibly Bohemian moving to the UK through Europe arriving in Cornwall/Devon several hundred years ago, parts of both families then moving to the "Shires" which is were I'm from. I had an Uncle that did several hundred years of "research" on my Mom's maiden name.

I think people just did what they did to find a better life for themselves, they've been doing it since the first hominids moved around and then left Africa.

Maiden names are tough, at least is was for me the further I went back.

My English and Scots/Irish ancestors certainly lived in violent rough times. My English ancestors are from Wales, Kent, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, London (Middlesex), from all over the British Isles really, even one named Thomas Sherwood B:1586 Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Aren't all the Aussies Crooks? Weren't they from crookland??

Oh yeah for sure, a really good proportion of the average Caucasian modern Aussie are descended from criminal elements from the British Isles for sure. Be it livestock crooks, highway men, fraudsters, even Scottish Highlanders who were deported to make way for sheep farms and how dare they get in the way of maximizing grazing and occasionally rebelling against TPTB they are all from the Crookland

Its funny, but a lot of folks dont know but the British "transported" to America as well as Australia. Before 1776, all convicts sentenced to transportation were sent to North America and the West Indies. After 1776, all criminal transportation was to modern-day Australia.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
WE ARE all DISPLACED SURVIVORS OF A GLOBAL CATACLYSM….IT WAS CALLED NOAHS FLOOD….THE WORD iNDIGINOUS IS A TACTICLLY CREATED WEAPONISED WORD DESIGNED TO SUPPORT FRAUD AND MAIPULATIONS.....SERIOUSLY.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Noahs flood, really?!?!?! What proof do you have Noah even existed?
There are hundreds of tales about flooding, but just look at coastal areas during the end of the last ice age, there is no proof of a flood that covered the whole world. Noahs flood is just a exaggeration of early stories and creation myths like Gilgamesh.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Being honest and realistic that is so true and totally new to me too

What is also not widely known is the other destination for convicts, West Africa. Now Australia and I expect the New World Colonies would have been something of a chance for survival at least for those deported overseas. The convicts sent to West Africa were the real bad boys (maybe lassies) and that destination was a near certain death sentence due to the illnesses or disease or something like that the new arrivals became infected with.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

There are hundreds of tales about flooding, but just look at coastal areas during the end of the last ice age, there is no proof of a flood that covered the whole world. Noahs flood is just a exaggeration of early stories and creation myths like Gilgamesh.

I did not say I believe there was a Noah..... I was referring to the Flood Survivor formerly known as Noah.

Oh my god please I cannot do this again ….but yes of course there was a Global Flood...and of course there was more than one Boat that survived with People inside of it.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I did not say I believe there was a Noah..... I was referring to the Flood Survivor formerly known as Noah.

Oh my god please I cannot do this again ….but yes of course there was a Global Flood...and of course there was more than one Boat that survived with People inside of it.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I was referring to the Flood Survivor formerly known as Noah.

Where are you getting these ridiculous ideas from, "formerly known as Noah" really??? Is that were Prince got the idea from?

but yes of course there was a Global Flood

There is absolutely no evidence of a global flood anywhere??!?! Coastal flooding yes, but a global flood?? You should maybe stop drinking alcohol when responding to threads.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I was referring to the Flood Survivor formerly known as Noah.

Where are you getting these ridiculous ideas from, "formerly known as Noah" really??? Is that were Prince got the idea from?

but yes of course there was a Global Flood

There is absolutely no evidence of a global flood anywhere??!?! Coastal flooding yes, but a global flood?? You should maybe stop drinking alcohol when responding to threads.

Oh Lobasang my Heart sings to the harmony of your blissfull ignorance and yearns for the freedom you posess.

If you cannot see the evidence of the last one you surely will not forsee the arrival of another one.

Separating the Wheat from the Tare.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I hope you are either jesting or are two parts to the wind!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I hope you are either jesting or are two parts to the wind!

We can keep it short and simple....Blood type and genetic studies have reverse engineered the spread of Humanity....we know from which geographic areas we originate...unfortunately for your storyline to a spot all are @ extremely high altitudes exactly where the Global Floods Survivors landed and established themselves.

I mean this is the short version of validation.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Any links?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Any links?

Nope they exist but I have none to give and no apologies...I am your link to the truth...you have to dig the rest up yourself or you will never be properly pissed off at the People who buried it in the first place and you sure will not respect me for doing your legwork for you. I have a batch of Gingerbread cookies blushing at me so I have to go....good luck with your digging.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The sad thing is today's generation only knows the comfort and convenience while few have any inkling of the suffering and sacrifice that was made to create the nation they know today. All the benefits without the pain without which they will never understand what the US is truly about.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The sad thing is today's generation only knows the comfort and convenience while few have any inkling of the suffering and sacrifice that was made to create the nation they know today. All the benefits without the pain without which they will never understand what the US is truly about.

This comment is what I alluded to in my OP, that people now a days are considered soft and lazy compared to two or three generations back. Maybe this is true to a large degree, it seems that way to me, but my main point is that these generations that live the good life now are made of of the same genetic traits that were naturally selected by the many past generations that have suffered to make things better. We are made from tough stock that can survive having to work hard and take risks if things go south and life becomes hard to survive. We as a people can make it through to the otherside, we have what it takes genetically.
edit on 24-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In response to the idea that a global flood, if true, was a genetic bottle neck of survivors. I won't deny people that long ago lived a hard life and had the stuff to survive a world wide flooding event, but I think that those genetic traits were more widely expressed though out the human population at that time.

Once people became "civilized" and lived in complex social groups in permanent settlements, many people became specialized in their roles. This would narrow down the population that continued to live a hard working life to survive as more people began to live the "good life" by living in a settlement. Class stratification would have selected "soft genetic traits" over the hard living survival traits creating groups less suited to survive disasters. Over time the ruling class would get softer and less able to survive the harder periods while the hard working peasants would survive to reproduce.

As a nation founded mostly by hard working peasants from the Old World, we have the genetics of our ancestors when we need it to survive the next world crisis.
edit on 24-5-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Freeborn

Any links?

Nope they exist but I have none to give and no apologies...I am your link to the truth...you have to dig the rest up yourself or you will never be properly pissed off at the People who buried it in the first place and you sure will not respect me for doing your legwork for you. I have a batch of Gingerbread cookies blushing at me so I have to go....good luck with your digging.

So you can post a whole load of hogwash and hearsay without a single shred of proof or evidence and say I am the link to the truth??

My DNA is the same as King Arthur's, so I'm really the King of Britian and I have the magical Sword in the Stone in my back garden and my pond is where the Lady of the Lake lives, the original round table is in my garage and the mummy of Merlin is in my loft, I am your link to the truth.
See how easy that is??
Post one single piece of evidence other than myths and stories that a flood covered the entire world.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
so what you're saying is, the history of America is a history of immigrants, who traveled with hope and bravery to a new land where they could start fresh and work hard and build a life to make their descendants proud?
it's really good to see some of this attitude on ats, thank you.

That's only part of the history tho.

If you go back far enough, such as the OP has done, there was no "United States" to immigrate to. It was was a wild, untamed land, that required a hardy disposition, an explorers mentality, and self-reliance to carve out a living. The foremost Europeans that arrived here were not integrating into an existing society; they had to bootstrap one from scratch. Of course they did receive help from Native Americans in some situations, and that relationship turned out to be a complex one, with the settlers and natives eventually waging bitter battles to determine the course of history for the "New World", but that topic is a thread unto itself.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I don't think it's all about "toughness", the world is full of migration from one country to another.
I think it's more to do with looking for a new beginning, prosperity and hoping for a better life.

ETA
Not trying to belittle what you are saying, just that I don't think toughness is a big part of the equation.

If toughness isn't a big part of the equation then you know nothing of the history of the USA. Because it was ALL toughness. Look up a state and the people's history, of how settlers battled bitter snow storms and long winters in the sides of hills or small buildings, living with their livestock with little food or heat. Read how people survived with little food, droughts, floods, disease, battles, wild animals etc. all with no: Home Depot, grocery stores, food stamps, or welfare checks. They used their sweat, blood and tears, hands and backs and a few basic tools and maybe some beans and rice and the will power to establish themselves. They raised families and towns from the sweat of their brow.

This thread is kind of sad. We know that for thousands of years people have proven what they're made of by the troubles they endured and conquered. And one would think that we would keep getting stronger. But ALL of our ancestor's hard work has made our present lives easier and produced too many pajama boys and snowflakes. Thank goodness not all of us are in that mode and I hope we keep the passion to choose the road not well traveled and continue to challenge ourselves in every way possible.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join