It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MD's blast Trump over unintended consequences of COVID 19 policy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You and I usually see eye to eye.

As long as it's not blue eye to brown eye...

What? Just trying to bring a little humor in...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In your case it could be a black eye.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
When I took my Oath of Enlistment to join the Navy in 1982, I wondered what a "Domestic enemy" was, I don't wonder any more.

Frightening how 'Americans' will piss away their freedom.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Trump has been saying for months we need to reopen, he agrees with them.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Just curious why you chose your thread title. It doesn't match the source or what is in the letter. They actually thank Trump. They seem to be blasting those demanding more lockdowns.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I thought doctors were supposed to be relatively smart. The idiots who wrote that letter should blame the governors in blue States for their initial over reaction to a virus that kills less people than, pneumonia does.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Dont have time to run em all down, but it appears there isn't a dang epidemiologist among the entire group.
Most likely resident M.Ds. voicing their "opinions"

Add : Been through nearly 100 . We have all general practitioners , radiologists , etc. and some I can't even find .....

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Some folks don't do their own research , so I have to. (and some show up just to blindly agree. You know who you are)

So they now have to be an epidemiologist for their opinions to count? What does an epidemiologist know about treating alcoholism or depression, What does an epidemiologist about the effects of being without a job and depression. Hell what do they know about the effects of a total societal shut down? Honestly, they are not the only ones who's advice should have been taken when it comes to lockdown. Theirs's would not have even been the most important one.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I thought doctors were supposed to be relatively smart. The idiots who wrote that letter should blame the governors in blue States for their initial over reaction to a virus that kills less people than, pneumonia does.

When I read the letter, that is exactly who they seemed to blame.

Thousands of physicians in all specialties and from all States would like to express our gratitude for your leadership

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Just curious why you chose your thread title. It doesn't match the source or what is in the letter. They actually thank Trump. They seem to be blasting those demanding more lockdowns.

To get those who hate Trump to read the thread.

Actually they are blasting the lockdowns, you are correct.

But they do send a blast to Trump over the lockdowns.

People who love the lockdowns and think they are wonderful won't read any thread they think has anything positive about Trump in it. Only the trolls who love to anger and poke at those who hate Trump will respond to or read a threat that is in any way indicative that it is positive toward Trump.

I wanted those who are sincere in their love of stay at home orders to have their eyes opened to the horrific human toll and the sheer anti-compassionate and anti-humanitarian unintended results of the lockdowns.

I have actually, really, had people on social media say that these human tolls don't matter at all. That the children don't matter at all if they are abused or don't get educated, so what, it is worth it for them to not get the virus. That the young people committing suicide was unfortunate but they would have done it any way and if some extra did it, it was worth it for them not to get the virus. The true believers in stay at home orders have very hard and selfish hearts.

I was hoping through the title to get them to read the thread, because the Doctors were blasting the lockdowns and this very unhappy and blasting letter was written to Trump.

Then I was hoping to get them to see how while the pro lockdown crowd claims to be compassionate and caring - their continued support of the policies were anything but compassionate or caring for all the people who suffered and/or died from unintended consequences of the lockdowns.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The "Commerce Clause" is one of if not the most abused snippet of our Constitution. More nonsense has been justified using the CC, than just about anything else.

Generally speaking, it has been abused by the federal Government to interfere directly with states 10th Amendment rights on a great many issues... it's a list of abuses that is very very large.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

And? What does that have to do with the present situation?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It doesn't just kill in Blue states.

The mortality rate of COVID is much higher than pneumonia, as has been pointed out repeatedly. Using CDC data which states clarly that it is several WEEKS behind discredits anything else posted.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

So Augustus, what is the greatest concern you have with "the lockdowns"?

I've seen your previous comments and I understand you think it's unconstitutional (as do I, it's a unprecendented use of the State's police power) but I'd like to know your personal opinion on a) was the COVID outbreak a pandemic? and b) what would have been/should have been the government (State, local, Federal) response to a pandemic?

Real questions asking for your opinion. No hidden agenda.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a) was the COVID outbreak a pandemic?

Yes, but not as serious as the sensationalized reporting.

and b) what would have been/should have been the government (State, local, Federal) response to a pandemic?

I would have taken the Swedish approach.

We've totally screwed our economy up for the next 2-3 years because of this, not to mention the long term debt obligation of adding another $6-8 trillion dollars.

edit on 24-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Fair enough.

Thanks for the response.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Doctors are Political Animals just like Everybody Else including Automotive Diagnostic Technicians . Both sometimes look for Problems that just don't Exist but tell you there is a " Risk " they need to make you Aware about . Well , Life is a Risk we Deal with Everyday , and in the End it is Our Decision to either Ignore or Confront them ....

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Based on that, you would put your hand in a bag with a rattlesnake, because there's only a risk that he'd bite you?

Interesting.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It doesn't just kill in Blue states.

The mortality rate of COVID is much higher than pneumonia, as has been pointed out repeatedly. Using CDC data which states clarly that it is several WEEKS behind discredits anything else posted.

Pneumonia or flu? Mortality of Covid will almost certainly be lower than Pneumonia. Significantly so.

NY only has 370k total cases. Random testing in NYC alone found over 20% of those tested had antibodies. Depending on testing method and false negatives, as many as 25% could actually have been infected. That's over 1 million unknown cases in NYC alone based on that data (further testing will be needed to confirm those percentages they could be way off just like they could be accurate).

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yes, everything is a risk. That is why we look at risk probability and mitigate risks. We don't say life is a risk so I don't need a seat belt. Covid-19 is a risk, like everything else, and should be mitigated in an appropriate way, like everything else.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Surely you know your fist paragraph is pure supposition.

Your second paragraph really only says that statistics vary in accuracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join