It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MD's blast Trump over unintended consequences of COVID 19 policy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
More proof that the Obama.Care policy was a complete failure and power-play politicians (mostly Democrat) are "in it" for the money and power, not for your well being unless they can bilk enough cash from the system
[(..'👁️👃👁️'..)]

And this is a PERFECT example of the fallacy of gish galloping.

How would you respond to the issue presented in the actual OP???

How do you protect the public from a highly communicable disease, while at the same time, protect the public from the massive medical, economic, and psychological effects of a shutdown?

edit on 21-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, you've misread the letter and now you're reacting.

At least, I believe you have. You thought it was critical of Trump ... it wasn't.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No I didn't.

Someone needs to explain the BLIND tust they put in 'medical' professionals.

There's a reason malpractice insurance is so high.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No I didn't.

Someone needs to explain the BLIND tust they put in 'medical' professionals.

There's a reason malpractice insurance is so high.

So you're in favor of continued shutdowns to the tune of months, the rest of the year?

Because those 'quacks' are pointing out the dangers and horrific economic costs of such...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I've already said what I was in favor of no matter how much Agustus trolled.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Politicians have done something unprecedented in the history of our nation.

They have deliberately destroyed our economy, have deliberately placed 30+ million out of work.

They, the politicians, have used the media and manipulated data to frighten an entire nation.

We can all speculate "why" they did this, but the "cure" is far worse than the disease.

There is no clause in the Constitution that allows for the abuses of individual rights and freedoms during a pandemic.

People panicked. They lost their collective sh#t.

Politicians have encroached on freedoms and liberties carte blanc.

And we've let it happen.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Are you a doctor or have some degree in some related field ?

What does having to be a doctor have to do with discussing the topic? If that were the case you shouldn't be here.

If so don't give a crap.

You 100% do.

Have a problem with what I say and trying to exert some non existent authority over it ?

Yes, I do have a problem with vile government lapdogs. I think they should get a one way ticket to the surface of the sun.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I've already said what I was in favor of no matter how much Agustus trolled.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay bud.

2nd line.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

... not to mention the practical application of the nascent "police power" at both the Federal and State levels ...

2nd.

Yeah, police enforcing non-existent laws about who can go where and do what. They all need to be sued civilly so the memory of this overreach is seared into their pea brains.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What does having to be a doctor have to do with discussing the topic?

You really did just say that.

MD's blast Trump over unintended consequences of COVID 19 policy

If that were the case you shouldn't be here.

Still trying to exert that nonexistent authority.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not speaking to the validity of the doctors, but would they need to be epidemiologist to determine health issues associated with a lockdown? They're talking the effects on their field of study.
edit on 5/21/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sadly, I have to disagree, but not for the regular reasons ...

They absolutely DO have the "right" to do this. The Supreme Court gave the States and the Federal Government the totally unconstitutional "police power" in 1905 in Jacobssen v. Massachusetts.

This is one of the dangers I've always tried to point out in allowing the States to become little totalitarian satrapies.

COVID was dangerous. Is dangerous. We should have responded with social distancing. We had to slow the vector of transmission.

What has been done, however, is exactly what you and others here say ... and that is the REAL danger in my mind. We'll get over this crash of the economy.

But "they" know now exactly how long they can scare us into our homes, what methods to use, etc.

That's far more scary to me than coffins in the parking lot, and I'm in the group that would probably die to COVID.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I don't know if a suit would do it ... they've got a taste for it now.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So quack doctors are the only ones that hate lockdowns ?

These Doctors are no "quacks". What their letter points out is that there are indirect problems and deaths because of the "lockdown". People are not seeking medical attention for non-virus related ailments because the politicians and media have them too scared to go to a doctor or hospital. People who have medical issues that require on going care are not getting that care because of the "lockdown". They have a concern (a legitimate one in my opinion) that the number of deaths from these may approach or exceed the deaths from the virus.

My only problem is that they sent the letter to President Trump, not the Governors of the States who are abusing their authority.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I beg to differ.

Having been under the care of one for the last 20 years that literally has done NOTHING but double bill me.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

This is why there HAS TO BE a balance between the autonomy of the States and the national reach of the Federal Government.

This is why we HAVE TO get back to a strict interpretation of the Constitution in terms of the separation of powers.

The Founders gave us a working balance; we're the ones how have to keep it if we can.

We aren't keeping it at the moment.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There are more people being hurt or dying by not going to get surgeries and procedures done when they should than there are people being hurt or killed from the coronavirus itself. People who are sick and think they have the flu or a cold are not going to the doctor, I surely would not go to the doctor if I had a cold right now....I could have had coronavirus a couple of times already...well, I will be getting the antibody test when it is available around here, a hundred nineteen bucks is not that bad. But, I am not going to go to the doctors to get that test, there are too many sick people in the hospital where my doctor works. It is for my own information, I will share the results with my doctor, but I am not going to pay my copay with him and then pay for the antibody test.

The country handled this virus wrong, they went overboard. I still believe the initial response until we learned more about this virus was appropriate, and I do believe we should be making things we need in this country instead of buying those things from foreign suppliers. We can buy the things we want from China or other countries, but we need to start producing what we need on our own. We have a freezer shortage, seems too many people decided that we need freezers worldwide now and they are hard to come by now....if we made more of them here for sale here., that would not be as much of a problem.

Screw the big import states who want us dependent on them, we need to start producing things around the country and do it in an environmental friendly way. We are causing ill health among the Chinese to make the importers rich. I feel sorry for the Chinese people because we are contributing to their local air polution and they have to wear masks outside to try to make it so they can breathe. The toxins dumping into their ocean from this activity is also making it hard for their small fishermen to make a living, they have to get factory ships to fish elsewhere. I have no problem buying fish that is wild caught with a Chinese label on it.

I have been stating pretty much since I came here that we should be producing what we need here in America to stabalize the economy and supply jobs for our people. I worked in a foundry, it was not that bad. I worked in a flooring mill, it was not that bad. We do not have to concentrate the factories in one location and have big factories, the practice of big corporations buying out small companies around the country and closing them down so they can get bigger shares of the market in their big city is terrible economics, that should be illegal. It happens all the time. Smaller communities suffer because of this.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You're essentially saying that the states were using this Coronovirus epidemic as somewhat of a "litmus" test to see just how far their power can extend, hence, some of the overrreach we are witnessing in some states, like Michigen.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I could hope that we would, as a NATION and as sovreign States, develop actual plans and methods for dealing rationally with a pandemic.

This taught us plainly that we aren't ready, and that we need to be.

And ultimately, each of us has to take INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY to keep ourselves and our families and property safe. That's where the real battle takes place.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Politicians and the media deliberately manipulated data, frightened a nation in order to justify their "right" to infringe upon the rights of a nation.

They now have a working template whenever they desire to screw things up

Just imagine the glee they'll have in November with the next flu season.

They call it "for our safety" but it's directly the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join