It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MD's blast Trump over unintended consequences of COVID 19 policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is the conclusion of an open letter signed by 500 physicians in the US to President Trump:

We are alarmed at what appears to be the lack of consideration for the future health of our patients. The downstream health effects of deteriorating a level are being massively under-estimated and under-reported. This is an order of magnitude error. It is impossible to overstate the short, medium, and long-term harm to people’s health with a continued shutdown. Losing a job is one of life’s most stressful events, and the effect on a person’s health is not lessened because it also has happened to 30 million other people. Keeping schools and universities closed is incalculably detrimental for children, teenagers, and young adults for decades to come. The millions of casualties of a continued shutdown will be hiding in plain sight, but they will be called alcoholism, homelessness, suicide, heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure. In youths it will be called financial instability, unemployment, despair, drug addiction, unplanned pregnancies, poverty, and abuse. Because the harm is diffuse, there are those who hold that it does not exist. We, the undersigned, know otherwise. Please let us know if we may be
www.scribd.com...

The Doctors are angry that the consequences of stay at home orders are being ignored by the elite politicians around the nation and are not being addressed on any level by any politician.

They are not the only ones sending out this message.
wellbeingtrust.org...
The Well Being Trust says there is a growing epidemic of “deaths of despair”
is increasing due to the pandemic—as many as 75,000 more people will die
from drug or alcohol misuse and suicide,
according to new research released by Well Being Trust (WBT) and the Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care. Labeling deaths of despair from drugs, alcohol and suicide
an “epidemic within the pandemic,” the researchers
estimated total deaths ranging around 27,644
(assuming a quick recovery, with unemployment having the smallest impact)
to 154,037 (assuming a slow recovery and unemployment having the greatest impact).

It is so frightening that Governors around the nation are ignoring the human toll and even implying the human toll is worth it by their total silence on the matter. This humanitarian disaster is a direct result of stay at home orders the Governors themselves are responsible for which some plan to keep in place indefinitely (until there is a cure, which may be never)

Especially when the Governors now know that 50-80% of those who have died of COVID 19 have been in nursing homes/hospice/or have near terminal illness. www.washingtonpost.com... y.html
www.nbclosangeles.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Also it is frightening that Governors around the nation now know
that recent mega studies in Europe using antibody testing
(those who have recovered and have antibodies)
have shown the actual death rate to be around 0.75%
www.dailymail.co.uk... and now we know half or more of those were already near death anyway.

But I guess the state Governors think:
the massive rise in child abuse is worth it -
the massive rise in unemployment (now at 50%) is worth it www.forbes.com... -
definitely everyone who died from drugs and alcohol due to the psychological effects of isolation deserved to die anyway didn't they -
children being left home alone because out of home child care is illegal in many states is perfectly ok if parents have to work so the family doesn't starve or lose their home, no problem there
I mean with a horrific death rate, that we now know is about 0.36% of healthy individuals, the human toll and misery are worth it all

Just ask Wolf, Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsom, Beshear, they will all tell you that saving 0.36% of healthy people who actually catch COVID 19 is absolutely worth the human toll and will be worth it until there is a cure, 2 years from now or possibly never if a cure or vaccine is never found.

edit on 5/21/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

And I agree with them...

+3 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Why didn't those 500 'QUACKS' send a letter to Pelosi for wearing designer silk scarves. That supposedly is the same thing as 'MD' approved mask?

All I see here is 500 political hacks.

Which is the same snip for 'lawyers' and 'climatologists' to push other agendas.

They need to stop hijacking biology,science,math,medicine to push complete and utter snip.

Americans really do like their freedom.

And considering what we face every other day. Chicom 19 is no more deadly.
edit on 21-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why didn't those 500 'QUACKS' send a letter to Pelosi for wearing designer silk scarves. That supposedly is the same thing as 'MD' approved mask?

Did you even read the OP???

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, Trump already put it in the hands of the governors to do what they feel is best for their own states.
The doctors need to ask those governors wth they are doing this.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Well, Trump already put it in the hands of the governors to do what they feel is best for their own states.

You are so right. I think I said as much in the OP, sorry if that wasn't clear.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No, you covered it. I just wanted to emphasize the point.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Than that makes you a big government, shutdown-loving lapdog as they are 100% correct about the effects.

edit on 21-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

epidemic of “deaths of despair”
is increasing due to the pandemic—as many as 75,000 more people will die

The states in lockdown will just label the deaths as Covid19 related, and claim the increase death rates justify the lockdowns.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Doesn't make me a god damn thing.

How bout replying to someone that buys your snip.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Doesn't make me a god damn thing.

Sure it does. They aren't for the lockdowns, you think they're hacks, ergo you are a big-government, lockdown-loving lapdog.

How bout replying to someone that buys your snip.

I did since you obviously replied. Who's a good boy? You are! You are!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Do these doctors not understand that our elected representatives are not medical experts and are only acting on the advise of advisors?

Advisors meaning the peers of these complaining doctors...

This whole thing was a complete overreaction but it was based off of the opinions of experts.

Let the experts explain where they went wrong and why they gave such awful advise.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

So effing what ?

What does writing a letter to Trump do since the governors are the ones doing the lockdowns?

Go troll someone else.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

So effing what ?

What does writing a letter to Trump do since the governors are the ones doing the lockdowns?

Oh, I don't know, he's like the President or something, isn't he? Maybe he can use that big brain of his and get some sort of national policy to address the issues? I guess they should keep their opinions to themselves so lapdogs don't get all agitated.

Go troll someone else.

Grrrrr, bad doggie! Bad!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So Trump should interfere with states rights?

That makes someone a big government lap dog.

Are we done now or still going to waste my time with bull crap?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So Trump should interfere with states rights?

The Commerce Clause is being impacted, I think that is a perfect avenue for him to do something productive. I might even say something nice about him at that point.

Not super nice, but nice-ish.

Are we done now or still going to waste my time with bull crap?

I'm done with you when I tell you I'm done with you. Not before. I'm the alpha dog here.

Now sit.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Strange, I thought all the political leaders listened to the advice of the doctors for what to do about this situation? At least partly. Are they now saying they were wrong in their own recommendations and it should have been handled another way? Hindsight is always 20/20. Humm... 2020 the year of the great mistakes.
edit on 5 21 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The Commerce Clause is being impacted, I think that is a perfect avenue for him to do something productive. I might even say something nice about him at that point.

BIG GOVERNMENT LAPDOG.

Shouldn't go around accusing others makes one a HYPOCRITE.
edit on 21-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That's pretty much what I got from this whole thing.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Trump never had the power to "put it in the hands of the Governors".

I do agree with you about the Doctors asking the Governors, but, that wouldn't have the desired effect.

This whole bit is about keeping this going and blaming Trump. Well that and extorting funds out of the Federal Government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join