It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another lockdown inevitable unless test, track and trace is in place UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am not good at posting links and quotes. I wanted to share this article to see how you'd feel if this came to your community/state/country.

The Shadow Chancellor has suggested a second lockdown is ‘inevitable’ unless the UK can ‘sort out’ its test, track and trace strategy.

Anneliese Dodds claimed the Government is a ‘very, very long way away from having the right infrastructure’, branding the issue a ‘major problem’ amid an easing of coronavirus restrictions.

Speaking exclusively to Metro.co.uk, Ms Dodds also warned that the UK is facing an unemployment problem bigger than anything seen in ‘many hundreds of years’. She said: ‘The absolutely critical issue to us returning to at least approaching normals levels of economic activity… Is to get test, track and trace right. Until we have that infrastructure we will inevitably see reimpositions of lockdowns and, or, a longer lockdown.’
[...]

Read more: metro.co.uk... NPIYXCDn8NbLhfnLYEnmu5vmK-Y9rczQszIg5DfVsgyg4iKOvvPS4?ito=cbshare

Twitter: twitter.com... | Facebook: www.facebook.com...

I am having a hell of a time (and a lot of time) trying to figure out the board for quoting and links. I hope the link works. Sorry. I don't know how you all do those huge elaborate starting threads. My hats off to you all.

Just wanted your thoughts on what could be coming to a state near you.
edit on Wed May 20 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: made paragraphs and added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nice Sunburn
Wonder where the Shadow Holidays
While on lock-down ?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: summer5

We always knew this wasn't just about health issues didn't we?

It was about tracing, tracking, controlling and vaccinating people as a mandatory move.

Screw Big Brother. Just say NO!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
And that's why we need to spy on everybody and subject them to whimsical government demands at a moment's notice.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hahaha so funny....they don't know their arse from their elbow at the moment. Once again outsourcing to a private company is proving utterly chaotic, SERCO sent out emails to prospective track & trace employees saying they had enough applications and all other applications were on hold....then had to apologise for the "communication error". Reports of their website constantly being down and then yesterday they had to apologise once again as they had accidentally released hundreds of trackers personal addresses! Meanwhile, the actual app is far from ready has tons of glitches and the NHS tech team really don't appear to know what on earth they are doing, whilst others are up in arms over data privacy.

Just like Movianto and the asbestos filled smoke damaged warehouse of date PPE in Liverpool. Just like the millions of PPE ordered from turkey which was delayed and delayed and finally arrived but only 38,000 instead of 2million. Just like the private labs that have lost swabs and have taken on more than they could cope with resulting in 100,000 tests being shipped to the USA to test.

All these private companies promise everything and deliver so little...bit like CAPITA and the armed forces...the bane of my existence atm

Shambles and incompetence all round

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My government have been peeing in the wind from the very start of this pandemic.
I understand it’s not an easy thing to get hold of, but there’s been so much dithering around.
There’s no doubt lives could have been saved if they acted quicker.
The track and trace situation is no different. Another lockdown is almost certain to happen now.
edit on Thu, 21 May 2020 03:03:43 -0500032052020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I doubt they will have a robust enough system to do all that, My auntie is 62 and she got Covid19
she was sent out a test and it was meant to be collected and the guy didnt even come to collect it.

My friend from school and her family also got covid , luckily they all survived

her testing was a bit more speedy since she works in a pharmacy in Scotland
my aunt Stays in Shropshire so different NHS processing etc.

They both work for the NHS , my cousins too

my downstairs neighbours works in the New Victoria Hospital so she gives me updates on whats happening in terms of testing, they have been tested at work but they arent getting regular testing.

I think that its going to be difficult to operate just now it just going to take time.

but taking time doesnt save lives.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

All these private companies promise everything and deliver so little...bit like CAPITA and the armed forces...the bane of my existence atm 

Private industry is not the problem here, it's the friends of the politicians that get the contracts and not the people competent at what they do, it's always who you know and not what you know.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I think a second wave it what they have been preparing for with all the hospitals etc.

I have just posted a local update about the Isle of Wight app and testing progress if anyone wants to see. It's on update thread. I won't repost.

From the looks of things there are lots of teething issues and I think the government can and will just use it as their 'tap' to control the flow of people into hospitals.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

My friend from school and her family also got covid , luckily they all survived

THAT is what we all NEED to do.

Catch it, build up immunity and carry on. "Herd" immunity is one of the key factors, as is nutrition and vitamin supplements of Vit C, Vit D and Zinc.

Social distancing and confusing information is THEIR preventative measure to ensure weak immune systems.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

so lets just let people die so some of us maybe get immunity and pass it on

sorry I dont think its right to gamble with peoples lives

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Tracking an tracing because they don't already have enough data on us via facebook, twitter, google etc...

They WANT and NEED to know who we interact with at all times.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

so lets just let people die so some of us maybe get immunity and pass it on

sorry I dont think its right to gamble with peoples lives

There is no "gamble" when it is completely natural and has been since the dawn of man. It's how we have survived and thrived until now.

Would you prefer a world of immortals?

The freedom of the many outweighs the freedom of the few. Stop the fearmongering and build up that NATURAL immune system.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It doesn't matter what steps you take, people are gonna catch it and some are gonna die. If they didn't then we would have stopped catching it after people were forced to stay home.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's worked that way for tens of thousands, even longer, of years.

It really is a choice between catching it now, or catching it later. There is nothing else.

The vast majority of people aren't going to die, many will barely get sick. If what I had in November was Covid...and it certainly seems like it was, I was barely ill. Couple days of feeling somewhat rotten, and done.

Yes, certain segments of the population are at high, even dangerous, risk. The rest are not. Gee. That sounds remarkably like every single other disease...ever.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think my in-laws had it too. In November nonetheless...

They were around my 94 year old grandmother (we wouldn't even get in the same room with her if we had as much as a cold), my 65 year old parents, and the in-laws both have health issues. Both survived with almost no meds. I'm so sick of the fear the media has put out about this virus.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It's worked that way for tens of thousands, even longer, of years.

It really is a choice between catching it now, or catching it later. There is nothing else.

Thing is...WE are not allowed that choice, it is/has been made for us by those who wish to use the situation to further a power-trip agenda.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not really, I've been ignoring, unless there's no choice, as much as possible.

Maybe it's easier to do here in the Deep South, then in other places...I honestly don't know.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

when my brother in law comes home in the next couple of weeks hopefully, I'll be taking additional precautions around him.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It doesn't matter what steps you take, people are gonna catch it and some are gonna die. If they didn't then we would have stopped catching it after people were forced to stay home.

I posted in another thread about some golfing friends who sent me an Email update after they returned to the initial port of entry LAX in the states from Asia. They were temp checked and questioned in Bangkok and Taiwan but when they got to LAX NOTHING, just come on in and have a nice day. Surprisingly the flight was full as it was one of the few international flight still running to the states.. How many cases does California have ?

The Thai-Laos border government check point at the friendship bridge is basically closed but if you do manage to go to Laos or Thailand via a government check point you are supposedly quarantined for 14 days in the country of your destination.. Yet there are boats doing a brisk business carrying people both ways across the Mekong for around $3 per passenger and no government anything.... if there is a cop they seem to be interested in contraband like drugs and not much else. There are markets (farm to market type) on both sides of the river that shuttered for a couple of weeks but they are and have been back open for a while now with produce from both countries.

The malls are open but... You either sign into a store with you name, time, and phone number or use an tracing app on your phone which gets scanned when you enter and leave.. I have read on another site that if you do not have the app some are just walking by the sign-in table and if they do go through the motion Mikey Mouse and A. Hitler seem to be out and about quite a bit ... Their phone numbers in many cases seem to be located at the call-in order phone number for a pizza place..

I know people and government like to think they are saved by some government directive and all is well; #me to... But .... unfortunately reality can be a totally different set of ......REAL REALITY...

I figure the longer this runs the more people will just ignore safety directives right or wrong..cause some have to eat and some are just do not want to live under lock down.. Bring it Mr. Covid seems to be some people's attitude.. I think I can see both sides of this situation and since I have no control except for myself it is what it is..
edit on 727stk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join