It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fricken neighbors!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes you could, you simply could not live with the consequences.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Move. As quickly as you can.... I doubt the situation will get better.

There was a period of approximately 5 years when we moved from our big, secluded country house into a subdivision. Reasons are irrelevant. It was generally a nice subdivision....except that it backed up to a not-so-nice subdivision behind us. We constantly had trouble with less-than-desirable people cutting through our neighbor's yard because they didn't have a privacy fence like most of us. I can't count how many vehicles or homes were broken into in our neighborhood. And the not-so-nice subdivision behind us always had barking dogs and smelled like rotting garbage and dog poop. We also had little "doggie" presents left in our front and side yard, not to mention dogs getting into our trash bins.

Probably one of the most memorable experiences is when cops were chasing someone on a motorcycle. The motorcyclist knew the neighborhood and knew that there was an open yard between my house and our neighbor's house between the two subdivisions...so cops chased him into our subdivision and he diverted his motorcycle between our houses. Cops attempted to chase him through the yard...in the dark....and BARELY managed to slide to a stop before hitting my house. Motorcyclist got away...

I was never so glad to move away from that place and back to my secluded home....

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ahh, poor Blunt, having to wait for the old people to die so they don't present a problem for him any more. Poor Blunt.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This is why I bought 10 acres in rather rural farming country, closest neighbors are a half a mile on 1 side, a mile on the other, and probably 5 behind us. 1/4 mile to go the road from the where the house is being built. Wife and I camped out when we bought it, coyotes in the middle of the night and that was about it. I'm sure I'll hear folks hunting when it comes time as a couple of times I went out after the area we're build on was cleared, deer tracks all over the place.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Go to the nearest Zoo and ask for a bag or two of assorted Big Cat crap mixed in with some other ferrocious animals like Aligators and Hyenas perhaps.

Keeps anything that likes to sniff a long long way away.

Worked for a friend who wanted to keep local cats from using her flowerbeds as a toilet.

Good for the plants too.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Ahh, poor Blunt, having to wait for the old people to die so they don't present a problem for him any more. Poor Blunt.

Is that really what you took from this post?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Is that really what you took from this post?

Flat out the older (70's and up) crowd that dominate HOA where I live and they seemingly have nothing else to do but make life miserable. I had a massive battle to fight converting the tennis courts directly in front of my place into a dog run so the old ladies could let their tea cup dogs run around while they chatted. Only issue is the dogs peed and crapped on a hot tennis court in July 15 feet from my porch. Lawyers had to get involved.

Had an 80 year old guy across the street tell my 6 year old who was bald, in chemo maybe weighed 50 pounds if he tried climbing up a tree in our front yard (he was hanging on a branch as thick as my arm) he would call the cops and have him arrested. Had a nice conversation with him and never had another issue. But yeah, the old folks can be tough.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Age doesn't excuse bad behavior.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Age doesn't excuse bad behavior.

Agreed.

It didn't seem to bother my grandfather when he would simply cut in front of people at the movie ticket line pretending to be confused claiming he could barely see.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Headline..

''Fricken neighbors''

Those neighbors are in their mid 80s so it's not likely to be a problem forever.

What else is there to take away from the post. Didn't even have to read between the lines. It's right there in black and white, huh?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why did you leave out the part where i said I could live with the dogs?

Or the part where i said they were friendly and I kept an eye on them?

The rant was pretty obviously mostly about the younger jerk with his trashy yard.

Careful on that pedestal of yours, it’s a long way down.
edit on 20-5-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thanks for helping me realize just how blessed I am. I sometimes take paradise for granted.

edit on 20-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Sounds ripe for buying them out. Slowly buy up all the adjacent property. Knock over the old houses and extend your property line.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yep, I saw the part about living with the dogs being ok but that was followed by the dissmissal of the dog problem because the owners were in their mid eighties.

I did not find you mentioning you keeping an eye on them though in scrolling down the thread I see you did mention that in a reply to Jen. I'm heartened to know you are not the cold hearted agist that earlier post suggested.

As to my pedestal, well, maybe so.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As a young couple, my wife and I moved to the end of a rural dead-end road, purchasing a fmr hunting club.

Neighbors were bossy, treating us like renters because the club paid them for mowing, etc, and dad was treasurer.

After a while we ignored their bossing around, but their mini Schnauzer breeding program started kicking in, so it was getting annoying.

Not wanting to give up the place, since the dirt leg of the road lead to the state park where wife worked, it even had a little creek running along side.

Within a few years, the McMansion w/200+ acres at the very end got a new owner who announced he wanted to get rid of us, and bought out the existing residents, alternately using them against us. He would taxi his airplane in circles next to our house at 5am, run his giant tractor back and forth on the nearby property line, blast by on quads... to the backdrop of the Schnauzers...and now roosters!

Since our place was formerly a hunting club, it had a proper shooting range, which we started to use in earnest. Most states have something called the "range protection act" from the 1970s where nobody can close an established shooting range via zoning, criminal or even civil action, so we persevered.

During the Gulf War 2, ammo got pretty expensive and I was kind of pissed about local politicians helping the McMansion guy, so I got a propane cannon. Intended to keep birds off runways or from agricultural fields. The "Zon" looked like a propane heater, but shot out an orange fire ball the size of a beach ball. 20,000 detonations from one tank.

The guy was a big donator to the governor, who sent the state police to stop us, but nobody could because of The Act.
Eventually we tired of it, and took the sgt-at-arms of the local MC club as tenant. I figured that they didn't like us Yuppies...so try a new guy. He put a "shooting" motorcycle on the roof...I could post a pic.

Because the boro got involved against us, it ended up in federal court, where we "won" by forced settlement. We sold the place at +$90k profit, plus had all of our legal bills paid by boro insurance. It was tough, I wouldn't do it again, but we didn't go down easily. I have stories that would keep people awake at night.

Ok, one more. McMansion dude built 2 delux getaway rental cabins down on the dirt road/creek...over the setback, no permits etc. Rented to vips who flew in and paid like $5000+ a week. So....I got a nice rice burner motorcycle. I'd go down an night and do rooster tails in mud puddles there. State police showed up again, they told the wife they were going to arrest me. She laughed in their face when they said I can't be down there (in the park) after dark. She told them yes I can, if I was "fishing" which included looking for earthworms! So yeah, I was looking for earthworms. Hilarious.

Ok, I'm done. I have lots more stories though.
edit on 22-5-2020 by FlyingFox because: #FREEDOM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join