It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting By Mail and Boaty McBoatface

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I thought it was unlawful for an employer to deny an employee the opportunity to leave their job so they may cast their vote. Are you sure your employer does not permit you to perform your duty in voting?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Considering the USPS is under serious threat of going under, it may be UPS or Fedex handling all the ballots...and they don't have any oversight. They can do what they want with the parcels they handle.

Somebody is using the story of the USPS closing as a scare tactic for whatever reason, in my opinion.
I work for the USPS as a mail carrier and we are 10 times busier now than in any holiday season that I can remember.
Granted we are short some people because of the Covid but the package volume is incredible.
Every day we leave the office in the morning with a full load and between noon and 2PM, they call us back for more packages....every day!
That might happen maybe 5-10 days during a normal holiday season of Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day.
Today I delivered some kind of “vote by mail” letters to every house on my route, many houses received multiples.
edit on 20-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hey, do you guys remember that Tenth Amendment thing you were so excited about a few years ago.

You know the one that goes ...

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

States Rights, baby!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

I thought it was unlawful for an employer to deny an employee the opportunity to leave their job so they may cast their vote. Are you sure your employer does not permit you to perform your duty in voting?

My employer has nothing to do with it. But fyi, of course they would let me go vote at a polling place if I wasn't out in the middle of the desert on location or in LA, or out of the country on another project. It's the nature of the biz.

But you know what they say about voting....

If voting made any difference, it would be illegal!!
edit on 20-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Welp, if they are going to shred mine, they'll need to hijack the tracking system that -- get this -- literally sends me a postcard to confirm that I will be getting a ballot, than a text message/email when my ballot is prepared for delivery, a text/email when it's on its way, a text/email reminding me that I should have received it, a text/email reminding me that I need to turn it back in and a confirmation that it was received and counted.

Anyone who has ever been a project manager knows that that is at least four separate departments/groups and four different logins to the notification system (all of which are monitored and tracked in case the DA gets involved.

But, you know what? I get it. Your average GOP voter has been indoctrinated on decades of nonsense (some true, some not true) and they actually believe the more mail-in votes, the more democrat votes. Maybe they're right.

I'd step up my campaign game. Maybe get a platform that appeals more to voting blocs traditionally underrepresented in the GOP.

That goes double for the damn DNC, who have basically proved they are the most corrupt political party in the history of our country over the past five years by lying, cheating and manipulating their pet candidates into the top spot in primaries and then having the audacity to shrug in court and say "we're a private business, we can do what we want."

Whether you love Sanders or hate him, you have to admit the full court press to bring a front runner down and replace him with a guy with no campaign, no real fundraising, no platform and zero energy is a bigger conspiracy theory than most of the crap we burn hard drives over, here.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

The liberals are winning so there’s no problems?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

Que?

What part of that post are you responding to?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Really? We've been calling for Voter ID laws for years.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Dude, you have 4 years to prepare for one day.

Are lunch breaks omitted from your job?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Maybe they all agree to write in TIm and Eric and Tim and Eric play along. Say they get 10 million votes or something stupid. They don't win but they end up getting Federal Funding for a new party and end up screwing up the whole process.

Dude. OMG.

That would be the most awesome thing to ever happen in my lifetime, if it ever happened.

Great job!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The WTP Party... We The People.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If it's so easy to cheat the system through mail-in ballots (read: absentee vote), then do it. Win an election by stuffing ballots or changing votes, when that happens, then I'll believe you.

Until then, you're just grasping at straws and looking for ways to prevent legal voters from voting by restricting ways in which they can vote. I know, I know, God-Emperor is now claiming that voting by mail is 'illegal' so you're all coming up with ways that can be true. Mostly by presenting fictitious scenarios that have never happened or are so difficult to accomplish it would take an army of people conspiring together to vote en-masse through other people or are so rare that the only example to give is when a Republican did it.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Dude, you have 4 years to prepare for one day.

Are lunch breaks omitted from your job?

As long as mailin ballots are accepted, I'm using it. However I did vote in the primaries at a polling place yesterday.

Lunch breaks, "craft services" are usually brought to the trailer I'm working in. Depending on the production, usually catered. Thanks for your concern though!!!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All the talk in this thread threw me back to the days of VFTW

Honestly, would President Sanjaya really be much worse than what the major parties vomit up at us every 4 years?

On a more serious note I filled out a request for a mail in ballot last week here in NYC. Got an acknowledgement of my request a couple days later. Let's see what happens. Primary is 6/23. Should be enough time but this is NYC after all.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
One in four ballots cast in national elections is a via mail. In Utah, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington, it's the only way to vote. There are a lot of people here either unaware of how prevalent voting by mail actually is, or who want to federal government to take away what is up to each state to decide. Mail ballots, polling stations, or a combination. Many states even leave that decision up to the individual counties to determine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join