It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT Study Confirms Melatonin's Value As Sleep Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Now that you are addicted to ATS and BTS, and cannot sleep at night, I thought I would provide you some relief.

A new study by MIT scientists and colleagues confirms that melatonin is an effective sleep aid for older insomniacs and others. Misuse of the hormone had led some to question its efficacy, but the latest work (published in the February issue of Sleep Medicine Reviews) could jump-start interest in the dietary supplement and help more people get a good night's sleep.

MIT Study Confirms Melatonin's Value As Sleep Aid

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
yea, ive been taking it recently..I have the 3mg ones. It definitely helps you relax and fall asleep easier at night, and the best part is that if you wake up at all during the night later, it's really easy to fall back asleep...sometimes if I would wake up for a couple minutes it would be impossible to go back to sleep, but its basically like I go back to bed and then instantly switch back into sleep mode.

They say the 3mg doses are ineffective after a while because it is too much, but this is probably if you use it every night. I just use it on certain nights when I want to make sure I get a good rest, and its been working fine.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have found a sure fire cure for my ATS addicition: My wife comes in and threatens divorse

Seriously though, there are several studies out that show melatonin do not work either. You pay your money you take your chances

new topics

join