It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunker Down!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: MRinder

Yep, this virus was handled very badly in the U S and clearly having 50 odd governors all making individual decisions certainly complicates an already messy situation.

People flipped their lids when Trump early on implied he might be making the decisions for a unified response, so he left it up to them to make their own decisions.

If the response has been poor in some places, well, you get what you vote for at a local level, but our own state governor explained his own rationale for his decisions in an interview and he said it best:

"Missouri is not a blanket situation. There are very isolated rural communities and very densely packed urban communities and everything in between. What works for one area won't necessarily be the best approach for another. So I issued broad guidelines with some general orders as needed, but largely left the details up to the individual mayors and counties as they best knew their areas."

This was the state level version of the national approach.

Not every state is New York and not every place inside the US is the unique living situation of New York City. The measures that may have been needed inside that city are not going to be necessary in a distinctly rural county in Western Colorado where people need to drive miles just to get their basic groceries and maybe even just see other people. Life is already socially distanced there.
edit on 19-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Im in agreement with much of what you're saying here, to address this part..

"Missouri is not a blanket situation. There are very isolated rural communities and very densely packed urban communities and everything in between. What works for one area won't necessarily be the best approach for another. So I issued broad guidelines with some general orders as needed, but largely left the details up to the individual mayors and counties as they best knew their areas

Would you agree that governors are now in a very difficult spot, if they open up even in areas that have seen little or no infections and an outbreak occurs it's a potential disaster for both their career and the people affected.

I live rural too, we have no cases locally as we too are pretty much socially isolated as it is, there's very little public transport and people all live on acerages. Our biggest concentrations of people are supermarkets and schools, for example my kids school has around 150 people.

What is required to minimise infection in the cities is vastly different to what is needed rurally.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is no need to minimize the infection rate. The temporary hospitals are all set up. It's time to get to herd immunity ASAP.

edit on 19-5-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The problem there seems to be there's no guarantee of herd immunity kicking in, it's a significant risk.

This is such a mess, the effects are going to be with us for years I'm afraid, so m e places will suffer more than others and I doubt international travel will resume anytime soon.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It will kick in when 70 - 80 pct of people are infected.. NYC was at 25 pct a month ago..

Regardless it doesn't matter. Life has to move on.What do you propose to halt global economic collapse? You can't have a huge percent of businesses default or the banks collapse. You can't print endless fiat money.. People have to eat. Stuff has to get made. People need # to do.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I picked up a prescription from my dispensary today. It is in one of the most effected counties and not a soul there was wearing a mask. Just south of there is a small town of around 10,000. The old main street with all the shoestring business was completely shut down. The only thing I found open in that area was a pawn shop.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes, it is a mess because most places have at most a handful of cases and no one died, but how many small businesses have been killed in the meantime, never to open again? That's jobs and livelihoods destroyed.

So no one died, but they may as well have in some ways. The same government that is supposed to promote their general welfare robbed them of it.

Face it -- the projections of the experts were just flat out wrong. And the only way they can be right now is for their to be a second wave scenario similar to what happened with Spanish Flu, and if that does materialize, then everything they're doing now to keep people from getting infected is still wrong! Research done on that pandemic shows that those who got the infection the first time around had resistance to the second wave both to getting it and dying from it if they did get it.

And sure, you can say all you want "We just don't know! We just don't know! ..." but at some point, life has to go on whether we know or not.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Honestly I have no idea how economic collapse will be avoided, it's a # fight anyway you look at it.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So no one died, but they may as well have in some ways. The same government that is supposed to promote their general welfare robbed them of it.

Oh you mean the leaders the people elected to do this job, I guess you really do get the leaders you deserve .

Face it -- the projections of the experts were just flat out wrong. And the only way they can be right now is for their to be a second wave scenario similar to what happened with Spanish Flu, and if that does materialize, then everything they're doing now to keep people from getting infected is still wrong! Research done on that pandemic shows that those who got the infection the first time around had resistance to the second wave both to getting it and dying from it if they did get it. 

Perhaps you should get a job in the field and show all the experts how to do their jobs properly ...

edit on 20-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: whyamIhere

Karen is the woman with a stupid haircut who always wants to talk to your manager. Her perspective as a white woman who never accomplished anything standing up is something she likes to throw around like a used up husband. She has four best friends and three cats.

I knew she had to be a cat person...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
So....

The weak and the gutless (the CUCKS) want to stay locked down and are deftly afraid of the Chinese flu

No surprises there

“The media says it’s dangerous, so it’s dangerous”

Pathetic

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I picked up a prescription from my dispensary today. It is in one of the most effected counties and not a soul there was wearing a mask. Just south of there is a small town of around 10,000. The old main street with all the shoestring business was completely shut down. The only thing I found open in that area was a pawn shop.

Pritzker destroyed and continues to destroy my state. Im not from here, but we moved here with a transfer to this base in Southern Il a while back. This state was already a wreck... now Im afraid its unrecoverable. He has us on a real lock down and so many businesses are closed.. our shelves are bare in a lot of places.. weird. Shouldnt be that way but it is. He has threatened to pull licences of anyone defying orders and any county that defied the lock down loses state and fema/fed assistance. You couldnt do more to destroy a state than he is doing unless you set it on fire. He says at the end of may we will begin phase 3. Whatever the hell he thinks that is...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Oh I wanted to put this somewhere.. just for information in case anyone was curious due to the Navajo reservation being hit so hard.

My mom ( We're Sisika/Piegan.. Blackfoot/Siksikaitsitapi) told me the reservation is shut down until May 31st as far as tribal offices and etc.. including the entrance to Glacier park through the Nation is blocked. Roads are closed to travel and masks are strongly advised ( NOT required) and all of that. They had an old woman ( 60's) and a young girl ( 10-early teens) test positive at the hospital... one death, but I have no idea if it was one of them or not. Just said tribal member. 10:00 PM curfew and liquor sales only between noon and 8 PM... except Friday and Sat.. NO liquor sales. LOL You know the BIA did that one. Every business with a tribal license has to comply.. its sovereign, so they enforce. The weird thing is our rez crosses borders.. half in MOntana and half in Canada.. thats the whole nation.. so I dont knwo whats happening across the border even though we are the same nation. I have family in the Cheyenne and Crow .. and htey are locked down and like mine.. they shut down outsiders and roads in and out. No recreational licenses and etc.

We have really close ties with the Navajo Nation and they are being hit HARD. Its supposed to be worse than New York as far as per capita. I think its something close to 150 deaths too. No idea why it hit the Navajo so hard though. Rez hospitals are crap.. might as well go to the vet.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
So....

The weak and the gutless (the CUCKS) want to stay locked down and are deftly afraid of the Chinese flu

No surprises there

Pathetic

Well your country is opening back up, workers are being sent into the front lines like lamb's to the slaughter, there's no plan there's no safety initiative undertaken, everyone just back to work.

The lack of leadership is astounding, you all deserve so much better than what you are getting.good luck reopening you've already had 90 000 people die of this virus and it appears there will be many more with this course of action.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

“Like lambs to the slaughter”

Golden

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Blow it out your wazoo!

These days, you can find experts advocating for a bunch of different and contradictory positions. There is at least one epidemiologist who says the whole lockdown is stupid. There are voices like John Ioannidis, respected Stanford researcher, Jay Bhattarcharya, another Stanford researcher/professor of medicine, and others like them who question the assumptions made by the WHO and CDC based on their own work and observations on this virus.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
So....

No surprises there

Pathetic

Well your country is opening back up, workers are being sent into the front lines like lamb's to the slaughter, there's no plan there's no safety initiative undertaken, everyone just back to work.

The lack of leadership is astounding, you all deserve so much better than what you are getting.good luck reopening you've already had 90 000 people die of this virus and it appears there will be many more with this course of action.

That is complete bull#. Going out and working while this virus is active is not like lambs going to slaughter. If you are under 70 its about as dangerous as the drive to work. What is it with people wanting to live in fear?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Dude get a grip. I can't fathom how you picked your screen name as every one of your posts shows no hope and is dripping with fear. Try following your own advice for a change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join