It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantine/Lockdown With a Ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Molly Fitzpatrick of the New York Times wrote an interesting article about the quarantine as it relates to those who believe they are living with paranormal activity.

Quarantining With a Ghost? It’s Scary

For those whose experience of self-isolation involves what they believe to be a ghost, their days are punctuated not just by Zoom meetings or home schooling, but by disembodied voices, shadowy figures, misbehaving electronics, invisible cats cozying up on couches, caresses from hands that aren’t there and even, in some cases — to borrow the technical parlance of “Ghostbusters” — free-floating, full-torso vaporous apparitions.
Some of these people are frightened, of course. Others say they just appreciate the company.

The article goes on to state that if you were to accept the premise that ghosts are real, it stands to reason that some tension would naturally result once their flesh-and-blood roommates start spending much, much more time at home together.

John E.L. Tenney, who describes himself as a paranormal researcher and is a former host of the TV show “Ghost Stalkers,” estimates that he received two to five reports of a haunted house each month in 2019. Lately, it’s been more like five to 10 in a week.
Mr. Tenney has seen something like this before: In 1999, immediately before Y2K, he witnessed a spike in reported ghost and poltergeist activity, as well as U.F.O. sightings (which, in his experience, are also on the rise in this moment). “It does seem to have something to do with our heightened state of anxiety, our hyper-vigilance,” he said.
Mr. Tenney has no doubt that the vast majority of these cases in his inbox are “completely explainable” in nature. “When the sun comes up and the house starts to warm up, they’re usually at work — they’re not used to hearing the bricks pop and the wood expand,” he said. “It’s not that the house wasn’t making those sounds. They just never had the time to notice it.”

So, I’m curious. I know that are quite a few ATS members on here that have posted their stories living in a “haunted house”. If you are one of those people, has paranormal experiences increased now that you are spending much more time in your dwelling? If so, does it seem to be more agitated or aggressive? I’d love to read about your experiences over the last 4-5 weeks.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I'm quarantined with several ghosts right now, as I write this!

It's called the Ghost of Humanity, and the Ghost of Common Sense, and the Ghost of IQ's Above Those of a Fence Post!

Sorry, I'm grouchy.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What is missed is the part where some ghosts are "real" in the sense that people experience them... and to avoid the ubiquitous eye rolling and chuckles, they keep it quiet.

But at least witnesses allow the skeptics to feel better about themselves.

If we collectively paid attention to these phenomena, we would progress exponentially faster. Then again, maybe some aren't collectively ready to know we have incomplete models of reality.

As far as the OP's query, I moved from the home that had daily weirdness, and I'm, sadly, the weirdest thing in my place, now.

new topics

join