It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do We Have To Offer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Water still seems pretty rare in what we have observed of the Universe, so that would be my first choice

which then leads me to my second, plantlife maybe there is a plant which could be used for medicine and they have ran out

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That's your answer? Humans are only good as steak?
I expected something more, at least ...I don't know telling stories, music not just "we're dead meat"

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, you call it gut irrationality.

Why do you ask such questions then if you are not able to detach yourself and look at it from a different angle? Seems you already made up your mind. To answer your question... the whole social construct that we call humanity, that you brushed away with your first response?

I am not here to convince you of my opinion but thought if you make such a thread that you can think outside the box.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well if we are the first creatures they find they would indeed be very curious in what we are and what we do.
And if we are not the first living thing they discovered on other planets, I am sure they will be eager to learn everything they can about us. But sure, they will observe us for some time before they make any contact.. could be 100 or 1000 years of studying us before they know how to make proper contact. Before that, there will be abductions, memory wipes, experiments, they would want to know as much as they could about us before taking the next step. They would not want to risk anything, they will know us better they we know our-self before they make contact.

What do we have they want ??
We have our soul, we have our way of life, we have gold, we have lots of water and we have many types of living things.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

I was expecting more. If you think "love" is to think outside the box, your box must be very small.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I believe these "extraterrestrials" are really the fallen
angels and their minions.I wouldn't be too quick in
thinking "they" are our long,lost space brothers and want
to party with them.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I'm lately tending towards religion is the history of alien interaction, so soul and lifestyle sound like a good idea, until you think deeper and it gets seriously terrifying.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Maybe we are the evil ones, that's why we got all the restrictions and limitations and they get to roam the universe freely with awesome powers.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe we dont have to offer anything, we dont know how aliens would behave.

Maybe they just like helping, making relationships, try new food.

Or they have the oppotunity to become gods over a planet - they decide what we turn into - just to see what happens.

Or they really are only here for the gold.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The second time now:

the whole construct we call humanity. I gave you a starting point, it is not my fault if you can not go from there. You say the box is too small but you did not even reach the walls yet.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Art. Comedy and tragedy, music, dance, story telling. Science, design and innovation, history, regret, shame, hope and tenacity. intellectual growth, ecstasy, fear and sorrow. Beauty and grotesqueness.

Maybe not in that order.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I did forget to mention a free labor source as well.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We can offer them Ego.

Our overly inflated version is about the only thing a space faring species would not have already seen, discovered, or produced.

Everything else derives from sciences that a space faring species will be substantially more advanced with.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Our ego? That's maybe not bad it connects with honor, ambition and such which maybe aren't a thing in slightly different societies.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Robots.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Would they find one race more desirable and others inferior ?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Our ego? That's maybe not bad it connects with honor, ambition and such which maybe aren't a thing in slightly different societies.

These are both things they already know, and understand better than us.

They are both necessary steps in becoming space faring. They must have traded and they must have dreamed. But, unlike us, they did it successfully enough to make it to space faring. An accomplishment we have yet to achieve.

Short of the space faring species being a single entity born into space, there is nothing we can teach them. Only what we are arrogant enough to think we can teach them.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Probably a matter of principle. What drove them to explore the universe?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Would they find one race more desirable and others inferior ?

Good point !
They might decide everyone but Aborigines are worthless

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But it would mean we have integrity and are able to hold up our end of a contract... oh well forget it, no.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join