It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrows on sidewalk to promote social distancing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I apologize if people have already heard and seen this but this absoloutely stunning to me.

Arrows are being painted on the side walk telling people which way to walk?

Are we children now? that we have to be direected on which way we can walk on a sidewalk. Are sidewalks not even safe now? First its the beach and the park and now the sidewalk?!

whdh.com...

we have reached a point of what??

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

“Follow the arrows, just follow don’t say no”

Sesame Street has been training us for this day

I’m sure Ellen will make a cute little parody of this, then everyone will be reminded of their old programming.

+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Later generations are going to look back and think we were all retards.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or, they will have been turned into mindless dummies that have to be told everything. We have to stop this baloney now!

It actually seems to me that some of these people doing these ridiculous things are useless gov't workers and are just thinking up # for something to do and to appear useful.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This is already in the stores around where I live. Not sure if they sic the store cops on you if you go the wrong way. I mean I can see it some day a guy with a shopping cart with a light bar an siren chasing wrong way drivers in stores.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting how some acquire freedom through slavery, right?

It is the little things in life that conditions those slowly and steady. It is freedom, no need to question yourself what side of the street you want to walk. Some faceless figure already decided and the arrows tell what the right thing to do, is. Today it is arrows on the street.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

F that. I graduated Kindergarten in 1984. I'll walk where I please.

Stupid city dwellers.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
--> --> --> --> This Way Sheep.

Sheep have a strong instinct to follow the sheep in front of them. When one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision." For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter. If one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

This is already in the stores around where I live. Not sure if they sic the store cops on you if you go the wrong way. I mean I can see it some day a guy with a shopping cart with a light bar an siren chasing wrong way drivers in stores.

"Pull over!!"

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, I tried to pay attention to the arrows in the local grocery store... but I figured, wth am I going to walk around three different aisles because I missed something in one aisle, when every other person isn't paying attention to the damn arrows anyway???

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

"Pull over!!"

Did you do an image search for 'cops in shopping carts'?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Later generations are going to look back and think we were all retards.

especially at that cafe in Germany where they are wearing those silly hats

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Are we children now? that we have to be direected on which way we can walk on a sidewalk. Are sidewalks not even safe now? First its the beach and the park and now the sidewalk?!

Is this a serious question?

They had to put "Do Not Eat!" on tide pods. Of course people are that stupid.

link   

This is already in the stores around where I live. Not sure if they sic the store cops on you if you go the wrong way. I mean I can see it some day a guy with a shopping cart with a light bar an siren chasing wrong way drivers in stores
a reply to: Chance321

But what does that say about people who just follow these stupid measures blindly?

link   
i am a avid bike rider and many streets Have no bike lane and are so restricted even going along teh edge will gte you hit so its side walk .
Anyway as a rider I treat the side walk just like road riding and stay in what would be a lane the POINT to doing so is I will NOT run into people nore will people be restricted by my riding .
Now most people I have seen using side walks are so oblivious to Other walkers or joggers they end up running into people herting them self's and others .
Maybe JUST MAYBE if people STOPPED acting like children they would have a reason to complane about being treated Like children .

Most posters i notice here only care about them self If its not them they could care less just look at the attitudes over the virus .O no big deal who acre fake lies and yet ever single last person who died had someone who loved them and let me say for a fact they care .
Most of you would be crying your eys out if it was the person you loved BUT many of you only love your self .

BOTH sides want to amke it about NUMBERS its Not a NUMBER eac h one who gets sick or dies is A PERSON and wile we cant just stay locked down we can alest SAY WE care and hope less die .

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
--> --> --> --> This Way Sheep.

Sheep have a strong instinct to follow the sheep in front of them. When one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision." For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter. If one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow.

Don't forget the sheep behind, that keep pushing, too.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

F that. I graduated Kindergarten in 1984. I'll walk where I please.

Stupid city dwellers
a reply to: LSU2018

Damn RIght!!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

when every other person isn't paying attention to the damn arrows anyway???
a reply to: butcherguy

Are arrows going to stop a virus?? if we walk the same way? or single file is that going to stop a virus?

I dont understand.

where's logic? we need logic.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We went to the food coop today to buy some supplies. Those Woodstock bread and butter pickles and the relish are pretty good tasting. We.., at the checkouts they had different colored diamonds on the floor, they were all mixed up, from one land to another, the persons could be a foot apart. Maybe for the people designing the trail they might be ok, but they were confusing as hell to most people because people were talking to others trying to figure out what they should do.

Sometimes you believe what you are saying or relaying to others is clear, but people do not all think the same. What means one thing to one person means something else to another person. This applies to science, politics, society, and even to religion. The same sentence can mean something totally different to another person not of their kind.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If society keeps on the current path we're headed, later generations will look at pictures of the sidewalks of old and ask "But, How did they know which way to go? It must have been chaos with people walking every which way on the sidewalks!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join