It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Takes ‘Historic’ Action To Move Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Out Of China, Back To U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

While President Trump takes steps to bring vital industries back to the United States, the Chamber of Commerce is already warning that the U.S. must continue to be reliant on foreign countries for goods, products, and supplies.

C.O.C TRAITORS!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: musicismagic
You have to know this: 95% of the world corporations said they will NOT move their businesses out of China.

Ummm...citation...please...

YouSir

Sorry, it was on Japanese TV.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

A Bloomberg poll has revealed that an overwhelming majority of Americans would be willing to spend more money on products if they are manufactured outside of China, with 40% saying they simply will not buy anything made in China at all.

Wow 78%,eh?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Taking the jobs back to the U.S is good, But then the drugs manufacturers will raise their already high prices to justify having to pay Americans higher wages.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
China put the world in " a spider web trap". That was going to be their goal, but the corona virus put a dent into their plans.
You have to know this: 95% of the world corporations said they will NOT move their businesses out of China. That sucks. Its all about money and power.
Also, there is a saying: you can never tell what the Chinese are thinking

That's fine...Let 'em stay there...We'll build our own, again...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
Taking the jobs back to the U.S is good, But then the drugs manufacturers will raise their already high prices to justify having to pay Americans higher wages.

In case you haven't noticed, they already charge Americans what it would cost if they were made here...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

originally posted by: neo96
In other news.

A new Deutsche Bank survey shows that 41 percent of Americans say they won't buy products made in China, and 35 percent of Chinese citizens won't buy products from America either.

You mean the Chinese have to put up with buying their own crap?

"Buy our new Huawei Abacus System"

It's a hell of a lot easier to not buy made in America than to not buy made in China.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In general terms, I do not like the Orange man.

However in this case I support this.

Well done

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
This is great news, and it's something that should have never been allowed. Big pharma moves back home.At least god willing.

In an “historic turning point,” the Trump administration has taken bold action to bring America’s pharmaceutical manufacturing back to the U.S. from China and India.

“Seeking to secure the nation’s supply of critical medications, the Trump administration has signed a $354 million contract that would create the nation’s first strategic stockpile of key ingredients needed to make medicines,” NBC News reported. “The agreement was signed Monday with Phlow Corp., a generic drug maker based in Virginia.”

Source

This part isn't so great. As medications have a shelf life right along with everything else in this disposable society. Other things that need to move back here are defense materials, and rare earth elements that make the green crap possible.

Keep it up you magnificent orange bastage.

I retort.

You decide.

That’s good! My only concern is that given our current healthcare system the price of drugs will probably skyrocket. Is t that a huge part of the reason they became outsourced in the first place?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

Is t that a huge part of the reason they became outsourced in the first place?

R and D and labor are the biggest costs for pharma's.

Labor costs is the majority cost for most everything in the 21st century.

And yes that's why snip gets outsourced.
edit on 21-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dems going to be pissed

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I thing this could be a good idea,but concerned about Pharmaceutical Meds running low.....Might have to find other places to make them.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So why cant I give you a flag? I gave you a star. Issue on my end? I wonder who allowed the outsourcing of what vital to he National Security of the United States. Remember when USA was pumping that Canada bad for drugs and oh so China OK?
edit on 21-5-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

So why cant I give you a flag? I gave you a star. Issue on my end?

Don't know.

S'all right.

It's the thought that counts.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This will comes as a surprise to absolutely no one, it had to be done.

China have trying to bully us because they manufacture of truckton of goods, most of the world needs to break their reliance on china, hey if you buy an electronic devices it's gonna be crap so it's a no brainer not to trust them with pharmaceuticals, after all flakka came from china and look what that does to people, if it is made in china it should stay there.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

So you're telling me that tvs and furniture and microwaves and toys will last longer than a year? I've been waiting on this since the 90's.

Same!

Particularly large appliances. They definitely have a built in self destruct mode. Id pay twice as much to have a large appliance last more than a couple of years. There are appliances made in the 40's ( like the working 1940/50 kelvinator Fridge we had that still worked when we bought this house.. but we replaced it like morons.) that are still operational. Common denominator? Not made in China...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well . I Hope that Helps the Mom and Pop Pharmaceutical Companies here in the U.S. . Oh , wait.................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join