It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Takes ‘Historic’ Action To Move Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Out Of China, Back To U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: XCrycek
Lol. Just like he brought back jobs from overseas?
He signed a peanut deal with a company from Virginia yet the headline reads like he pulled all the pharmacy out of China.

A small step is better then no step. Wouldn't you agree?

Or a step backwards, which is where the last administration had their expertise.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I always was told that the money isn't in making the actual drug, it's in developing the drug - that's why generics are so cheap?

Right now, there are hundreds of generics that are about $10 for 90 pills. I wonder how much they will increase? Even if they go up to $30 for 90, it wouldn't be that bad. It's stuff like Asthma and COPD medicine which costs almost $400 per month that's the problem.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: neo96

And yet 100% of Chinese will watch our shows, games and music so go ahead with your 35% "ban"
America is the dominate culture of the world, Avengers Endgame alone proved that.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
America is the dominate culture of the world, Avengers Endgame alone proved that.

By not making it to the top of the Chinese movie list?

Or was it because Disney ran it past China before release?

I am really a bit of a loss as to how this shows off US power?

edit on 19-5-2020 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Maybe we should do away with those corporations . Who controls us . Americans or corporations . Let’s get corporations that are based here , hire strictly Americans and make everything here . We could go back to when we had the best economy in the world by far .

Don’t listen to the billionaire corporations . They are full of lies . If they open their mouths you can imagine it’s satan speaking . Their only care is money , look at what nestle and Monsanto and Bayer have done to us . Their ceos are not hanging by ropes so they are running the world . Not politicians , not judges . The fascist corporations make our laws . They own us . The same people who own the corporations own , all the media , all the drug companies, all the weapons contractors , all the insurance companies . All the land and all the cops and judges . .01 percent of the world knows this . As soon as the majority knows this we can have our world back if it isn’t too late already . Tell everyone you know .
Stop with the left and right , Democrats and Republicans crap . They’re all evil . They all are our enemies . Just over the last twenty years I’ve tried to learn and get smarter and 99.99 percent of people just care about their house or cars .
There’s nothing more important then the world we live in . I’d rather die homeless and hungry then to serve these evil people . It’s our job to tell everyone how we’re being tricked .. we have to stop it guys .
Underworld silly aren’t going to help . Those keyboard warriors Will put the chains on and lock them around your kids neck
Don’t stop until we’re free guys . We didn’t ask for these corporations to rule over us . If they want rights , then they can have the right to life in prison for trying to destroy our planet :

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77
Why shouldn’t we manufacture everything we can here . Do we support child slavery so much that we can’t produce stuff here

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Butterfinger

And yet 100% of Chinese will watch our shows, games and music so go ahead with your 35% "ban"

Check out that turd called Wandering Earth.

www.imdb.com...

Commies save the day.

Sacrificing yourself for the collective.

Pretty much ALL Chinese cinema is.

As far as plots go.

They strap big,BIG rocket engines on the planet and move it through space, and live in DUMBS.(Deep underground military bases).

edit on 19-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
China put the world in " a spider web trap". That was going to be their goal, but the corona virus put a dent into their plans.
You have to know this: 95% of the world corporations said they will NOT move their businesses out of China. That sucks. Its all about money and power.
Also, there is a saying: you can never tell what the Chinese are thinking

Those companies could be labeled traitors though since china is a enemy state.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
China put the world in " a spider web trap". That was going to be their goal, but the corona virus put a dent into their plans.
You have to know this: 95% of the world corporations said they will NOT move their businesses out of China. That sucks. Its all about money and power.
Also, there is a saying: you can never tell what the Chinese are thinking
What if the USA imposed a total embargo on any product made in China or by a company even partially owned by the Chinese government or Chinese citizens? The USA has 30 percent of the world consumer market. Would “world corporations” sacrifice access to that market in order to keep making their products in China? And if we could convince other big consumer markets like Japan, the UK or the EU to join us, those corporations might be forced to abandon China.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I can't imagine how the left will attack this. It could end up saving countless lives in the long run and while you're at it, how about we bring back manufacturing across the board and become an industrial country again instead of service?

I'm willing to pay more to have Americans working....so you know I'll never make it on Shark Tank.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

This isn't really bringing back some industrial revolution though.. It's creating a national stockpile of medicines. I don't think the u.s. could compete on the free market against china and india who can pay people pennies and ignore environmental concerns.
edit on 20-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In other news.

A new Deutsche Bank survey shows that 41 percent of Americans say they won't buy products made in China, and 35 percent of Chinese citizens won't buy products from America either.

Maybe the turd has finally turned.

I'll believe that when walmart, target and other favorites shopping places stop selling Made in China.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Making America Safe and productive again 🇺🇸❤️

Thank you President Trump!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So many "conservatives" are happy that the federal govt is spending 100s of millions to subvert the free market.

Strange days indeed.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh this sounds like it's gonna end well.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

That's sum bullsnip right there.

Because ALL social programs especially foodstamps subvert the free market.

Spending trillions without a damn thing to show for it.

Troll someone else.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Do you think that China is really part of the "Free Market" ?

The Chinese Communist Party would be happy for you to think so.

People failing to consider the question has got them this far....

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So you're telling me that tvs and furniture and microwaves and toys will last longer than a year? I've been waiting on this since the 90's.

Right?! I often hear people say its too expensive to buy furniture made in the USA - well sure, if you're going to be repairing it every month or so and replacing it annually, but if its built well, with good materials, you buy it once, and then you're done.

I have two bedroom sets, in the master and the guest room) which came from my grandparents. They're roughly 70 years old and in far better shape than the dressers in the kids rooms (from Target or whatever Chinese junk shop they came from.)

Refinished the one set 15 years ago myself, the other one I may do eventually just out of wanting a lighter finish. I'll give these ones to the kids when they have their own homes.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

So you're telling me that tvs and furniture and microwaves and toys will last longer than a year? I've been waiting on this since the 90's.

Right?! I often hear people say its too expensive to buy furniture made in the USA - well sure, if you're going to be repairing it every month or so and replacing it annually, but if its built well, with good materials, you buy it once, and then you're done.

I have two bedroom sets, in the master and the guest room) which came from my grandparents. They're roughly 70 years old and in far better shape than the dressers in the kids rooms (from Target or whatever Chinese junk shop they came from.)

Refinished the one set 15 years ago myself, the other one I may do eventually just out of wanting a lighter finish. I'll give these ones to the kids when they have their own homes.

You're missing something though. A lot of Americans move a lot. If you have to move across several states or across the country or something and you have heavy furniture you can't afford to sell cheap and also can't afford to throw away, you're going to have to pay a pretty penny to move it that far. In such a case, you might be happy to have cheap crap you can donate to Goodwill, move and buy more when you get there.

If you're going to live in the same house all your life and you're sure you'll never get tired of it, yeah. Buy the good stuff.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In other news.

A new Deutsche Bank survey shows that 41 percent of Americans say they won't buy products made in China, and 35 percent of Chinese citizens won't buy products from America either.

You mean the Chinese have to put up with buying their own crap?

"Buy our new Huawei Abacus System"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join