It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social distancing is here to stay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Thats what Im saying. For quite some time I have been irritated when I get into a line anywhere and the people behind me are hovering close enough I can feel their breath. A little distance isn't a bad thing but the mask thing needs to go. As an example if for no other reason let me say that I have office space in a medical clinic. They are seeing patients but the patient must wear a mast and they are checking temp and O2 for each patient when they are roomed. A patient today had O2 in the mid 80's. The nurse had the patient take off the mask and take a few deep breaths, it shot back up to 97%. The masks literally cause the symptoms which people are being hospitalized for in a sense anyway.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think it'll only stick for some of the most neurotic, mentally "off" people who are going to spend the rest of their existence obsessing over it, but the vast majority of normal folks will buck it in no time. Social distance that, weenies. They pretty much already are here in MI, I've yet to enter a store anywhere where patron traffic is actually controlled like it's supposed to be (certain number of people per X number of sq hundred feet or percentage of max capacity) And keeping distance is not at the conscious forefront of anyone's minds, few do it and few react if anyone gets "too close".

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well let me see. Music festivals (big ones) started around the late 1960s. Before then you had music venues but not big scale. Now why did music festivals take off? and it wasn't for the artists. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And you think that they wont return, I would say you are on a different planet.
It's exactly the same with football. $$$$$$$$$$.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Numerous cases of people that tested positive that never experienced a temperature elevation, so temperature checks are not very effective in identifying people that are or likely to have been exposed to the virus.

People that had the virus and recovered, with or without knowing they had the virus, are no longer a threat post recovery of the virus. Testing is not necessarily finding people that are sick. So it is a very poor and very expensive method for virus control.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Was jokingly discussing this on another thread, they have hyped up so much fear and a lot of people can handle that and they freak out. If this was WWII and Nazi Germany we have already been mostly conquered as they bypassed the Maginot line and steamrolled through the forests of our minds like the Ardennes, using social media and televised propaganda. Virtually half the population brainwashed into Vichy French. They will turn on their former neighbors and friends, with their only concerns being "safe". The social media vitriol and uproar over Georgia's reopening worries me more than this faux pandemic ever has, it isn't off the cuff it isn't balanced with people for or against it being fairly equal. It is vehemently angry full of so much emotion, you know it's not well thought out.

If the numbers don't back their position these are wrong! but if the numbers from another source do, they become the only correct source. It's been mentioned before we will likely not even know the true numbers till it's all over and sorted and even then it's going to be fraught with errors on both sides of the issue. People have seriously forgotten the only way they sold people on the shutdown as it was to "flatten the curve" to not overwhelm the hospitals. They want to compare more isolated countries that have 4.5 million in a population that is spread out, to ones that are travel hubs have 67 million and mostly crammed together it makes no sense We knew the virus wasn't going to be gone, there would still be risks, and there would be more cases more hospitalization and yes more fatalities.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We still proudly shake hands around these parts. I don't stand 6 ft away from others. I don't mind hugs from friends and neighbors.

I did the social distancing thing for the initial 2 weeks and then another 30 days. And now I don't.

Went out to eat at a wing place yesterday. The servers were wearing masks. I'm OK with that. I'd rather risk catching the covid than miss out on the smilies that from telling a good joke, or the connections we can only make via fave to fave communication.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Yeah, I agree but it's not my policy -- I just have office space here. I think they check fever out of an abundance of caution, and I know that same policy will be in place at my sons summer camp ( part of his parochial school ) as a little precautionary measure. The more interesting part was the depleted o2 from the mask. I would think that would be a hotter topic but I have seen very few comment on it. FWIW I have avoided most COVID threads for the last month because they tend to be repeats.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

We'll only stand for this for so long. People are already forming militias.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

There is a risk of hypoxia related to the extended time the wearer of a mask may encounter. That is why pulmonary function tests are part of my department's FIT testing for safety program.

I agree that these types of posts can become heavily repetitive, and often turn hostile, if you stray from the marketed story line. There is no room for critical thinking or just plain commonsense when it comes to this virus. I live in a small town out in the middle of nowhere. No one knows personally a single soul that has had the virus, or have come in contact with anyone reported to have had the virus. There are no reported deaths in the immediate area and the majority have hunkered down adhering to self isolation for well over a month, yet some are still terrified that they are going to get sick or die if they venture into town.

I fully believe in commonsense, good hygiene, and caution, if he situation dictates, but we have gone well past overkill, and are now wandering into the land of insanity or total mind control.

That is just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00I believe we are going through the conditioning period right now, people on a whole are complying to government demands without discourse, without opposition and willfulyAgree or disagree?!

agree 100% accept 0%

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Our economy is a consumer based economy, lots of businesses necessitate our ability to be social in this society. We are in thick DODO. I have been mentioning how insecure our economy is because of it being consumer based for many years here on posts on ATS. Wait, it is going to get worse not better when we try to reopen if social distancing stays in place.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I don't know that it's here to stay. TV news announcers over the weekend were shocked to see people all over the country violating SD standards. Here where I live it seems people are shaking hands commonly, glad to be out of their prison cells.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Went out to eat at a wing place yesterday. The servers were wearing masks. I'm OK with that.

Nope, you can’t tell if they are hot or not.

Masks = Bad

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

By the fact that most the plexiglass dividers I’ve seen installed in grocery and convenience stores — are all permanent. I’d say yeah, this is the new norm.

And BTW, your stupid plastic dividers don’t do sh!t in stopping the flu!

I just rented a house with LOTS of parking less than a half mile from the main part of town. Speakeasy anyone?

Yes and why if we reopen a restaurant in Oregon do we have to have everyone OUT by 10PM?

Opening rules there are many more.

Restaurants and bars must:
Ensure tables are spaced at least six (6) feet apart so that at least six (6) feet between parties is maintained, including when customers approach or leave tables
Require all employees to wear cloth face or disposable coverings (provided by the employer)
End all on-site consumption of food and drinks by 10pm

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Soon you will be walking down the street and hear "papers please".

No travel without the proper approved papers for ever little thing.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Our economy is a consumer based economy, lots of businesses necessitate our ability to be social in this society. We are in thick DODO. I have been mentioning how insecure our economy is because of it being consumer based for many years here on posts on ATS. Wait, it is going to get worse not better when we try to reopen if social distancing stays in place.

So imagine for a moment, a second wave of "flu" way worse.People begging for the shot. Ok a lot of laws in place, now mandatory injection of who knows what, and no money. Electronic transactions only.

No businesses that are privately owned eventually and a monthly electronic income which designate how much you can buy of necessities. Housing assignments and you are all ready to go.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

glad to be out of their prison cells.

The fact that so many people feel like their home is a prison cell might be an issue no?

Sure seems like a lot people hate who they live with, hate their kids, hate their homes, but JESUS I LOVE MY JOB PLEASE LET ME GO BACK!!!!!

Broken bones and burns are WAY up related to abuse, domestic abuse is WAY up.... people aren't well.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Any palace can become a prison if you're restricted to it with countless hoops to jump through to legally leave it.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Not here. I can legally leave any time I wish. Where I can go is limited, a bit, but even that started easing up last Friday.
Do you live in the US?

edit on 5/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
We still proudly shake hands around these parts. I don't stand 6 ft away from others. I don't mind hugs from friends and neighbors.

I did the social distancing thing for the initial 2 weeks and then another 30 days. And now I don't.

Went out to eat at a wing place yesterday. The servers were wearing masks. I'm OK with that. I'd rather risk catching the covid than miss out on the smilies that from telling a good joke, or the connections we can only make via fave to fave communication.

Personally I think the push for masks is more about removing people's ability to easily communicate non-verbally. The masks are essentially useless for protection, especially those homemade ones. Wearing a mask will not stop you from contracting covid and a healthy person is incapable of spreading a disease they don't have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join