It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We had 30 earthquakes today here in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yep! You heard it right. Many of you have been really interested in the quake activity in Japan due to the Tsunami that hit us a few years ago. Well, I can just say this again, here in Japan on TV there has been a lot of awareness of earthquakes on daytime TV. Apparently, my hunch is that the scientist are telling the TV stations to get their act together and start the preparedness mode for us here. Something really big must be cooking in the future for us.
The earth has been shaking all day, some small shakes some large enough to have avalanches here. No one that I know of have been injured by the avalanches. The details of any damage has been pretty sketchy so I don't have anything to report or any pictures. I have not checked youtube for any videos either.

www.news24.jp...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
thanks for the info
pls keep us posted

hopefully no more Fukushimas!!!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

More info should be available tomorrow morning. But 30 quakes is pretty frightening .

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Time for another MiM's street talk?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Been quiet actually other then the " a day of awakening" that may appear on June 12th. If it happens, it happens, but its "street talk", so who the hell knows what lurks in the shadows of the alleys in the Orient Express.

Just to make it clear. " a day of awakening" was not used by me, I'm just repeating that phrase since its a phrase spoken from a world leader.

edit on 0500000029182020-05-19T08:18:29-05:00182905am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0500000020192020-05-19T08:19:20-05:00192005am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hopefully not fore shocks of something bigger-keep your eyes out for any unusal animal activity,or any rainbow looking cloud phenomena,both can be harbingers of a strong quake.
Stay safe MIM

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Thanks SS

The damn thing that worries me even more then the aftershocks is the nuclear power plants. Scientist talk about the unusual amount of activity, but not one of them will go public and start telling the govt. to start shutting down the plants. Why, well, more then likely they are on the govt. payroll. (I'm not saying they are bought, no, its just that most scientist here can be a govt. employee).

We've had a lot of snow and a sh$t load of unusual heavy rain, personally I wonder if a large land quake will happen when this summer may bring a 50 or 70 year drought to any affected area.

What do you think?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Blimey,I would hope that of all places Japan would have put in place some kind of shutdown measures for any at risk nuclear plants by now.
I think the latest gen reactors have built in auto shutdown capability,but for older versions they have to be shut down manually.
Pretty scary,but lets hope Japan won't get another big one for a long time-the quake that caused the tsunami was a once in a century event they say,so hopefully you won't see another like that this century.
But the way everything is going these days...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Can you provided more context for the June 12 “a day of awakening” that was mentioned? What was the speaker talking about?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Recent volcanic activity to consider:
Sakurajima volcano (Kyushu, Japan): strong eruptions last days

On 9 May at 05:32 local time another vigorous eruption occurred when ash plumes reached 13,779 ft (4,200 m) altitude. Blocks were ejected as far as 3,280 ft (1,000 m) away from Minamidake summit crater. Near-constant glow is visible from the summit crater. Sulfur dioxide (SO2) emissions reached to a 2300 tonnes/day. Source: Japan Meteorological Agency volcano activity update 11 May 2020

Be safe

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

PM sent.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Recent volcanic activity to consider:
Sakurajima volcano (Kyushu, Japan): strong eruptions last days

On 9 May at 05:32 local time another vigorous eruption occurred when ash plumes reached 13,779 ft (4,200 m) altitude. Blocks were ejected as far as 3,280 ft (1,000 m) away from Minamidake summit crater. Near-constant glow is visible from the summit crater. Sulfur dioxide (SO2) emissions reached to a 2300 tonnes/day. Source: Japan Meteorological Agency volcano activity update 11 May 2020

Be safe

Yes, that Sakurajima volcano is a great worry. Its down south, southern part of Kyushu Island. If tremors are going to be felt, I sure hope they put in an evacuation plan real quick. Things are happening just too fast here. Strange weather patterns, heavy rain and snow. Sudden heat wave for 2 days and then cold again. 1st typhoon 2 days ago, but turned into a tropical storm.
Thanks. Actually I'm making a "get to go bag". Not completed yet, but I want to post a few pictures soon of what I'll put into it. We live in a flood zone so I'm really worried of either a tsunami or typhoon. Weather is just getting too dangerous for one not to get prepared for something.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the info and keep us posted. Stay safe!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagicThere has been an increase last few years and the intensity level rising,yet never hear a word about this on TV,just a bunch of idiots calling each other names,the media is a joke

new topics

top topics

join