It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Rushes Additional Troops to Galwan Valley after China Claims it as its Territory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Maybe just some posturing but you really never know what kind of unintentional accident can set off a real shooting war. I hate to say this but unless a few countries came to India's aide I think China would kick their butts if it ever turned to an all out conflict as India is significantly out gunned in every department of their military; land, sea, nuclear, and air force. ..Many possible flash points around the world as far as militarizes going head to head..... I keep expecting something in the South China sea will be front page news in the not to distant future call it before the next 5 years...

New Delhi (Sputnik): Over 250 troops from India and China had engaged in a brawl on 5 May in the Ladakh region during border patrolling. Since then, the two sides have started deploying additional troops in an aggressive manner to claim a river valley, which has remained a flashpoint since 1962.

Chinese border defence troops “have bolstered border control measures and made necessary moves in response to India’s recent, illegal construction of defense facilities across the border into Chinese territory in the Galwan Valley region”.
However, India considers Galwan Valley as part of Aksai Chin which New Delhi claimed is its territory but currently under Chinese control. Last November, India released a political map with the details of boundaries which shows Aksai Chin, currently administered by China, as part India's Ladakh. The Chinese foreign ministry had strongly objected to New Delhi's move on Kashmir.

sputniknews.com...
youtu.be...

(post by ZapBrannigan3030 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Happens all the time.
Looks like India is getting bored from all these years of India - China actions and reactions.
Took em 2 1/2 years to react on the latest Chinese build up...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A really good video IMO about how China is trying to box in India with Naval ports and land claims. youtu.be...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sounds like a bunch of bored troops to me.

China certainly seems to be stepping up their arrogant rhetoric though.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
americanmilitarynews.com...
US Navy sends subs to sea as message to China

The Pacific Fleet Submarine Force took the unusual step this month of announcing that all of its forward-deployed subs were simultaneously conducting “contingency response operations” at sea in the Western Pacific — downplaying the notion that Navy forces have been hampered by COVID-19.

The sub force said the missions were mounted in support of the Pentagon’s “free and open Indo-Pacific” policy aimed at countering China’s expansionism in the South China Sea.

At least seven submarines, and likely more — including all four Guam-based attack submarines, the San Diego-based USS Alexandria and multiple Hawaii-based vessels — are part of the effort.

The action also highlights the Pentagon’s desire to be flexible and unpredictable in “great power” competition with China and Russia.

“Our operations are a demonstration of our willingness to defend our interests and freedoms under international law,” Rear Adm. Blake Converse, Pacific sub force commander, who is based at Pearl Harbor, said in a May 8 release.

I know that subs are not near as flashy as an aircraft carrier group but.. They are very effect at what they can do especially at stay under the radar.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
the problem isnt if china could beat india or not.

the problem is india isnt one known for backing down from a fight.

hell look at india and Pakistan

as many may or may not know they have been taking shots at each other for decades now.

in Kashmir alone they have had more than a few "conflicts" with pakistan (and even china for one) .

they both have atomic arms and both have made it clear they more than willing to use them if needed.

no one in the western world takes that lightly nor dismisses it.

if they are willing to have a nuclear barbecue with pakistan (and vice versa to be fair) who is close to same militarily as they are... what do you think if china decides to take what they want using the military?

that india is just gonna back down?

dont think so..

china usually plays the long game but they are not immune to being too full of themselves and doing something stupid.

in this case that stupid comes with receiving the worlds biggest firecracker and glowstick.

scrounger

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I think you're spot on except the nukes. China plays the long game for sure. But they have been playing for a while and they think there's a window with everything going on.

China knows they have an image problem at the moment. Using nukes in any capacity will ensure that is cemented.

Any country that uses nukes really only has 2 times to use them in my head, not that i think anyone should.

1. If they are out of options with their back against the wall.

2. They know they will rule the world, bc who cares then...
edit on 19-5-2020 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
China needs to be held to account for their recent behaviour since they unleashed the pandemic.
They are pushing on all fronts-
Hostile rhetoric on Taiwan,increased military activities in India,South China Sea,Pakistan,Nepal.
Threats to initiate a trade war with Australia over their(completley legtimate)wish to have a covid19 origins inquiry.
Repeated sales of useless/defective(by design?)protective equipment and medical gear to countries suffering from the pandemic.
Pressuring the WHO to hold back information on the person to person transmissability of covid.
Pressure on the EU to not mention the pandemic began in China.
Deceit,misinformation,hostily on all fronts-like the school bully who knows they are the bastard but screams its everyone elses fault to detract from their own vileness.

Not to mention the enslavement and brainwashing of Tibetans and Uigurs in concentaration camps or the industrialized organ harvesting of those people.

They are begining to make Nazi Germany look like an amatuer outfit.
And the "free world" has facilitated it all the way.

I thought we were supposed to learn from history?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Lets say it escalates into armed conflict. India is Allied with Russia. So Russia joins the war, and now China is fighting its northern border with russia, and its south west border with India. The USA would stay neutral unless pakistan takes the stance to attack India. In which case, India lobs nukes at Pakistan, Pakistan hits them back, India hits China with them, China hits them back, Russia hits China with them, China hits them back. The USA enters the war against China, along with Japan and SK. NK enters on China's side. Japan and SK hit NK along with the USA, while the USA barracades the ocean and lands troops into NK. We take NK, and use that as a base to enter China, while the remnants of India enters pakistan and west China, and Russia comes in from the North. Japan, USA, SK take the shore line, the war is over, India controls Pakistan and SW China, The USA controls land directly adjacent to Taiwan. SK forms a new nation of all of Korea and an extended border into China, Japan regains control of the sea. Russia is decimated, forced to join the EU, India is decimated, and is a vassal to the USA and EU, leaving the Middle east, specifically Iran to counter EU & USA. Eventually India takes Iran in about 20 years, The EU is stronger, America solidifies its dominance with Capitalist nations in the Pacific, 3 dominant powers emerge. India, EU, and the USA alliance. 50 years, EU pushes into Africa, the USA is in South America fully, and India fully integrates with the USA. 100 years from now you have the EU and the USA basically. 150 years you have a unified global power of the EU and the USA. 200 years from now you have a world government. Alot less Chinese, Indians, and Asians in general from the nuke fall out. Alot less Africans and Muslims, as the eventual domination would be costly on them, and overall alot less population. Mmmm, sounds kinda like the plans for a NWO dominated by the USA and EU. Not saying this will happen but for all the conspiracy nuts out there, this can be how a one world government comes about.

Camain

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Busy little bugars ! asiatimes.com...
China builds a mega-fortress on the Horn of Africa

The Chinese Navy is busy building a string of overseas bases, and one of the largest is in Djibouti, on the Horn of Africa.

The question is, why? Exactly who are they defending against? And why is it a modern-day “Fort Apache” walled fortress, featuring battlements similar to medieval castles, shooting ports and corner towers.

Think Gary Cooper and Beau Geste and you’ll get the picture.

According to a report in Forbes magazine, this strategically-located base appears ready to receive large warships, maybe even aircraft carriers.

One aspect of the base is particularly interesting: It is a modern-day “Great Wall of China” fortress built from scratch.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Fighting along the border with Russia? That's along border full of nothing.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are several large cities along the border. While I agree with you that yes, its a very long empty border, not all of it is empty. (Just most). There is rail systems connecting them to China and to Russia on both sides of the border. I do think the Chinese could over run it. However, I think once Chinese industrial capability is eliminated, the tied would turn fast. Especially given to China basically fighting on all fronts. In the above scenario, China has a million man army, with the capability to call up reserves. They don't have equipment or food to feed them though. So You could see initial armies going in every direction, but a blockade of food stuffs, would weaken them, along with causing infighting among the population centers, which would force military to the cities and weaken their fronts. Hungry people rebelling, would have to be controlled. You could see Hong Kong, Macoa, and the southern cities rebelling, to join Taiwan, (American Influence) forcing military there, while Russia consolidates gains on the North, India on the West, SK & Japan/USA on the Korean Peninsula. China has a ton of people, but if you break their manufacturing, and starve the population, they lose their control. Further if nukes were used on Cities, you'd have open rebellion against the government, and invading forces being seen as liberators. Especially if it was Russia/India vs China/NK doing the Nuking. The USA/Taiwan, Japan/SK would be welcomed basically.

Camain

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
China is like nazi's from 80 years ago...but they have better food......so no need to worry......

I dare you to sit down and enjoy a meal....a nice succulent chinese meal!!!!....without getting upset, unless that bloke tries to grab you by the penis!!!!

Ummm...I'm snacking on a bowl of wonton soup that I bought yesterday...along with a qt. of hot and sour...and some pork fried rice and Lo-Mein...

Mmmm...effing...mmmm…

We were Jonesing for some...so I bought a tad extra for my lunches...

First day back to work after my COVID-19 break...feels good to be back...even though I hate my job...

YouSir

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I would say do NOT underestimate the Indian capability, despite often inferior weapon's and older equipment they are not as primitive as you may think and of course India these day's also has plenty of high technology industry, it's own space and nuclear capability and plenty of domestic resources.

Back in WW2 the Indian army was able to hold of and even push back the imperial Japanese army, in other words they are very affective fighters.

Also the Gurkhas are proud to serve both in the British and the INDIA army's and do not forget the Sikh's, the Sikh's whom have a long tradition of both serving as warriors in India and also in the British army are among the finest soldiers in the world, remember to factor in qualitative as well as quantitative when it comes to war, the Chinese definitely have quantitative but there qualitative is suspect, air superiority would be Chinas though which would give them an edge, but remember high altitude mountainous terrain somewhat negates that advantage.

India also has many native martial art's which are at least equal to the Chinese and Japanese martial fighting art's, in fact many of the techniques used in China derive from INDIA - these two nation's have not always been at one another's throats and for much of history they were both trade partners and culturally exchanged with one another.

So do not be fooled the Chinese - in a ground war (were tank's were not a factor - the Chinese do have a nice new tank that could give them an advantage there though) - would get one hell of a bloody nose if it comes down to troop's on the ground in such a conflict, there trump card though is air power and the Chinese may have more up to date technological capability's - but both nations are nuclear capable and both have very affective army's, unlike China though which is more used to losing when it comes to war as it did in Vietnam when it tried to annex that nation after the US withdrew (you do know the US had won in Vietnam and the Cong were on there back foot it was only a change in leadership in the US and the unpopularity of the war there that led to the US withdrawal - another month or one more major US offensive and the cong would have been done for except for there remaining asymmetrical assets) India has not lost any conflicts for a very long time - though it has had plenty of internal conflict since partition.

The last time the Chinese won a war was there invasion of Tibet fighting against a tiny Tibetan army with outdated gun's, had it not been for the US the Japanese would have defeated Mao's forces as well and oddly enough we actually owe the Japanese for one tactical error they made in the war, back in the 1930's they had a forgotten war with Russia in which they had lost against Soviet forces though the Japanese had killed more soviets in that conflict and when WW2 came about the Japanese decided to abide with there existing non aggression pact with the Soviets so did not attack them, had they attacked Russia it would have forced the Soviets to defend on two front's and in fact Russia would then have lost the war.
en.wikipedia.org...–Japanese_border_conflicts

It is always worth looking at the history of the greater region when trying to figure out who would win, the Japanese beat the Chinese army despite being tiny in numbers compared to there Chinese counterparts, in part due to better weapon's and air superiority but mainly through being better soldiers, meanwhile the Indian's under British rule held then beat back the Japanese when they tried to invade India.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

China has always seen Eastern Asia, including Siberia, as an opportunity for resources.

Russia hasn't been this open in ages. India could be a feint, to draw attention away from that... I doubt it, but possible.

China's military advantages are somewhat overstated. In the event of a war with India, India has home-field advantage. China can not bring its full power to bear on it, without exposing it to other issues...such as internal revolt.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If any US ally gets drawn into a battle or war. The US hasn't got to step a single foot into their battlezone. The US military can hit just about any area with a missile launched from sea, and deploy drones anywhere.

Some Air Force desk jockey could destroy a whole town while eating McDonalds.
edit on 1952020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Maybe just some posturing but you really never know what kind of unintentional accident can set off a real shooting war

Consider both states have a billion plus populations each.

They've got people to spare.

If it comes to that.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Busy little bugars ! asiatimes.com...
China builds a mega-fortress on the Horn of Africa

The Chinese Navy is busy building a string of overseas bases, and one of the largest is in Djibouti, on the Horn of Africa.

The question is, why? Exactly who are they defending against? And why is it a modern-day “Fort Apache” walled fortress, featuring battlements similar to medieval castles, shooting ports and corner towers.

Think Gary Cooper and Beau Geste and you’ll get the picture.

According to a report in Forbes magazine, this strategically-located base appears ready to receive large warships, maybe even aircraft carriers.

One aspect of the base is particularly interesting: It is a modern-day “Great Wall of China” fortress built from scratch.
China is the world’s largest importer of oil. A late 2019 Forbes article said 75 percent of the oil it consumes is imported, and more than 40 percent of it comes from Persian Gulf nations. Saudi Arabia sells more to China than any other, with Russia a close second. So it’s no surprise that China is deeply concerned about secured access to the Arabian Sea and piracy. China is deeply involved with East African nations for raw materials, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of Chinese merchant ships transit the Red Sea to and from the Suez Canal. After all, the EU is the second leading importer of Chinese products after the USA. So a Chinese base in the Horn of Africa makes total sense for China. If China could only have one overseas base, that would be a good location for it, at least geographically. I don’t know about other factors that would come into play, like regional stability (not good I would assume). I think China would unhesitatingly assume our long-time role of protecting Saudi Arabia (or at least the house of Saud) if America washed its hands of those bastards. China’s dependence on imported oil is projected to keep growing.
edit on 19-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Additional info

edit on 19-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: More info

edit on 19-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

When I said nothing, I meant nothing as no people. Siberia is like Alaska in terms of resources, and yes China is hungry for any resources they can get.

But Russia doesn't seem to have the assets in the area. It's mostly open and empty atm. It would be like the US attempting to fight a war in Alaska only with lots more space to cover and defend.

edit on 19-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join