It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Attacks Canadian Pot Laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yep, the US gobbles drugs faster than palestine breeds insurgents.

God how you seem to hate Canada, France or anyone who makes sense at all.

History will no doubt decry this whole drug-sham as a weird political game.

Pot - awful...how laughable.

Perhaps if the US didnt consume everything more than anyone else alive it wouldnt be a problem.

More US hysteria, more US hypocracy, more US bullsh*t.

Go away, live in peace. Stop bothering the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a couple of things that you might want to think on.

remember prhibition in the 1920's? that is when the us and canada both made alcohol illigal. what did it cause? all it realy achived was to pay for the oganized crime syndicates. it also ended up causeing MORE consumption of alcohal. as well as it artificialy raised the price of alcohol. turned who knows how many thousands into criminals.
yup it worked REAL well. it caused the govenment to spend a hell of a lot of money to try to enforce. it also caused a lot of smuggling and illigal stills that had a habbit of blowing up.

any of that sound familier? today "gangs" make the money. the price of weed is higher than it would be if grown on open farms. some teenagers smoke up because it is against the law "rebellion". the government spends a lot of money on trying to stop pot. and i am sure that most have learned about how "grow houses" tend to burn down.

personaly i wouldan't want a lot of the "harder" drugs leagalized but if they were perhaps a lot of deaths could be avoided due to things like cutting hash with trany fluid. badly cut heroin ect.

there seems to be some thought that the us drug problem was in fact caused by the cia. i have read books and listened to speakers on this. is it true? yet another thing we might not be able to prove/dispove. in fact it has been stated by some of these sorces that the viatnam war was actualy the war to controll part of the drug trade.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Your question about the CIA is intruiging. I've heard similar things. What have you learned specifically. I think we should be suspicious of the CIA. As long as there's secrecy, there will be suspicion. Isn't the CIA there specifically to break international (and domestic) laws? Who would prosecute the CIA? Who would stop them from killing the prosecuter? If you go up the chain of command enough, you'll eventually run into the CIA with no one above them except other CIA agents and workers... there's no one to stop them from doing whatever they please... right? Or am I missing something?
-S

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
Your question about the CIA is intruiging. I've heard similar things. What have you learned specifically. I think we should be suspicious of the CIA. As long as there's secrecy, there will be suspicion. Isn't the CIA there specifically to break international (and domestic) laws? Who would prosecute the CIA? Who would stop them from killing the prosecuter? If you go up the chain of command enough, you'll eventually run into the CIA with no one above them except other CIA agents and workers... there's no one to stop them from doing whatever they please... right? Or am I missing something?
-S

one thing i have read about is that dureing at least the 60's the cia was playing with "drugs " for differant purposes, from a "truth" syrum, to something to make castro's beard fall out. i have read and heard many times about a "party house" that the cia used to operate to find out what effects that differant drugs had on people. it had a small room towords the ceter in which an observer could sit undetected to make notes and film the goings on.

l.s.d. was accidently discovered by a scientist who was looking for another benifical drug from bread moulds since that is where penicillen came from. he accidently dosed himself and "came to" away from his lab with the most interesting thoughts on what he had done. he then paid a kid to follow him to take notes on what was actualy going on as a comparison for what he percieved to be going on. the cia aperantly tried to use it years later as a truth syrum. even though it did not work the effects were considered to be of possible use on foren leaders. there for starting reserch such as the party house.

i have also seen a video of a guy giveing a lecture,one thing that stood out was that a picture of a high ranking cia official haveing a cordial discussion with a high ranking comunist in a comunity setting.

i agree that the cia seems to be above the law. the phraise "who watches the watcher" comes to mind. i wish i could find proff positive or even negative regaurding the cia's role in many things. but even trying to look ends up as treason. the freedom of information sounds good except for critical info is blacked out if the document is not missing entirely. the very concept of the cia is indeed to break foren laws that is their mandate to be able to spy. they are not suppost to work in the us but at the same time they have all the skills to circumvent detection boath abroad and in the us. just look at the abuse of power from the fbi commited dureing the time that hoover was in charge. could ian flemmig have been trying to warn us of the inherent dangers of various spy agencys in his fictional works? he was involved within such an organization after all.

also the oss (the cia's predisesor) was activly helping the war effort before the attack on pearl harbour. they provded aircraft and other materials to the british via canada. for the purpose of training agents. who knows what else they were up to? the very fact something is a secret arouses suspican. just look at "area 51" and you will see that to be true. how many of these secrets when leaked are found to be treasonus like the contra affair? canada has it's own "cia" known as cesus not well known but normaly when you hear about them they have been caught at something underhanded, yet again.

i wish i could remember the names of several books i have read years ago that have to do with the cia, and their part in the drug trade. as well as other problems they have caused.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The CIA is apparently involved in a wide range of drug smuggling activites.

"Understanding the mentality and culture within the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and other government entities that have inflicted catastrophic harm throughout the world, with tragic consequences upon the men, women, and families of the United States. Two of the most prominent areas in which the CIA's conduct has had catastrophic consequences for Americans have been in its 50-year history of drug smuggling into the United States, and its role in generating hatred for the United States throughout the world."

www.ciadrugs.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join