It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communicable Pneumonia has Killed More Americans than Covid-19 - But No Pneumonia Hysteria.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tanstaafl

Dude. I outlined the data in the table.

There can be no data showing what 'would have happened' that is nothing more than guessing and conjecture.

Pursue your ridiculous agendas on your own time, or quote something I said if you want me to clarify it for you.

Why would I want clarification from you?

If you’re nice,

I'm not nice, I deal in facts.

Doubtful, as your posts generally bore me to tears.

And yet you continue to play.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The below graph for Italy

www.worldometers.info...

Italy starts lockdowns March 9. True?

Italy was highly motivated to social distance? True?

If social distancing had an impact, it should be seen with in two to three weeks. Is that false?

I don’t see only noticeable change in the slope for at least four weeks? Is that false.

Then when the slope does change, how do we know it’s not mostly due to warmer weather which is historically seen in the cold and flu season? Or how would one differentiate from other causes in the change of infection rates from what is historically expected?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: nerbot
You're obviously satisfied with how things are going in your neck of the woods. Congratulations!

Am I?

Do not assume because I point out what I believe are failures by American citizens that I am satisfied with the natives here.

Ignorance and being weak or stupid isn't limited to a nationality. They are human traits.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You went to all the trouble of cutting and pasting ... and then continued to strawman.

Yep, definitely bored now. Save your projections and any excuse to insert your narrative for someone else.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Perhaps you should consult the title of the thread.

2nd line.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Perhaps you should consult the title of the thread.

2nd line.

What does that have to do with a comment you specifically posted in this thread?

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

Well, it looks like this COVID thing spread at an exponential rate while Pnuemonia stayed basically flat (or at least linear).

Then social distancing had no effect?

Or is the above a false statement?
edit on 19-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Just at what point did the enforcement of social distancing statistical change the slope of infection rates?

www.worldometers.info...

May 11 duh; the infection rate just stops in its tracks.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You went to all the trouble of cutting and pasting ... and then continued to strawman.

Not sure what you are referencing... didn't cut/paste anything, and no strawmen here.

Yep, definitely bored now. Save your projections and any excuse to insert your narrative for someone else.

Back at ya matey...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Phage

By now, people are wondering WHY those 2 are separated on the CDC charts if they're so similar?

Strike up the band with drumrolls and symbols !! ⭕🎱⭕

Cymbals : )

~Drummer out

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Just at what point did the enforcement of social distancing statistical change the slope of infection rates?

www.worldometers.info...

May 11 duh; the infection rate just stops in its tracks.

I think your the only one with a “winning” post!
LOL
edit on 19-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes you are wrong. Infected people are estimated to infect 5.7 people. The incubation period is up to 2 weeks. Add to that the lag in testing. It's a bit more complicated than the theory you're proposing.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Yes you are wrong. Infected people are estimated to infect 5.7 people. The incubation period is up to 2 weeks. Add to that the lag in testing. It's a bit more complicated than the theory you're proposing.

Then show me on the graph where the lockdowns in Italy flattened the curve?

The lockdowns started March 9th......

Please show on the world graph when banning large sporting events and large concerts stated to statistical changed the slope / infection rate?

edit on 19-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The other problem on determining infection rates. As States and countries open up, testing rates are also increasing. So how do you normalize data with increases in testing, and account for the decease expected due to warmer weather?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

You're obviously satisfied with how things are going in your neck of the woods. Congratulations!

Am I?

Do not assume because I point out what I believe are failures by American citizens that I am satisfied with the natives here.

Ignorance and being weak or stupid isn't limited to a nationality. They are human traits.

Your profile on the left side of your post does not contain your location. It just says "In the Middle of NoWhere". That's why I addressed you as an American who seemed to be happy with how his/her life was going.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

I can read the small print at the bottom of the table. Can you?

Yes.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Right. If the number of Pneumonia deaths didn't cause the governors to panic, neither should the number of Covid-19 deaths. Add Flu to Pneumonia and Covid-19 looks even worthy of destroying America's economy over. That's the whole point of this thread.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Am I?

Your profile on the left side of your post does not contain your location. It just says "In the Middle of NoWhere". That's why I addressed you as an American who seemed to be happy with how his/her life was going.

Wrong again....it just says "Middle of nowhere!"

SW France is nowhere near America. I would not be as happy as I am if I had to live in the U.S.

And I'm not French either.

edit on 19/5/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
CORONAVIRUS, CORONAVIRUS VACCINE, COVID-19, WHO, WORLD NEWS

Madagascar’s President Claims W.H.O Offered $20 Million Bribe To Contaminate Covid-19 Remedy
nworeport.me...

EXCLUSIVE: Virus researchers uncover new evidence implying COVID-19 was created in a lab
Preliminary study results suggest virus was produced in lab cultures using human cells.
Sat May 16, 2020 - 10:48 am EST

www.lifesitenews.com... campaign=8bedc33966-Covid-lab-email-4-16-2020&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_12387f0e3e-8bedc33966-405944361

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Consider that you’re thinking about this retroactively ... you’re seeing it from the perspective of the known outcomes.

When they were making these decisions (aside from the directives they all received from on-high) they would have been considering the R0 factors which (rightfully) predicted massive hospitalizations and deaths.

This virus is virulent, far more than pneumonia.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The important thing is that you're happy and experienced enough to give sage advice to others. Keep it up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join