It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Yorkshire, UK (14/05/2020)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: markymint

Whatever is in the video flies behind the clouds which is upwards of 16000 feet I think.
DJI Phantom Drones are limited to 500 feet from what I've read.
Also, would one even be able to see a drone at that altitude?

I wondered if it was the clouds causing it to dim or the angle of sunlight on the craft's body as it changed directions. The object does look very high in altitude but could a drone be ruled out? I don't know enough and have found the following from the good old Internet.

Drone Laws from Mavicpilots.com
Mavic Pilots

Non-commercial (i.e. recreational) drone pilots do not need a permission (like a licence) to fly, as long as the aircraft weighs less than 20kg.

If you want to fly a drone for commercial use then you must gain a permission or licence.

Drones must not be flown over a maximum height of 400ft, no more than 500m from you horizontally, and must always remain within sight.

Drones must be flown 150m away or more from congested areas, unless special permission is granted. Commercial operators, flying drones under 7kg 20kg (updated August 2018), are granted this as part of a PfCO.
You must not fly within 1km of an airport boundary.

If these rules are ignored operators may suffer a prosecution. The prosecution would fall under the legislation of the Civil Aviation Act and an example can be seen here in the news.

Drone Breaks Record [and Law]
Popular Mechanics
The drone in the linked 2016 article flew to 11,000 feet, is a DJI Phantom 2 and used 73% of it's battery to get there.

DJI Phantom 4 RTK
Drones Direct
The DJI Phantom 4 RTK Drone has up to a 30 minute battery life and I imagine this depends on how much strain is put on the battery during flight. It has a 16m per second speed ability, which is approx 36mph.

What I am saying is that the object in the video looks very high, quite fast and a flight like this by a drone would be very risky and highly uncommon, also it would be flying over a built-up [residential] area. It also appears to me that it would be well out of the 500m line of visibility law, as it recedes into the distance. Who is going to risk their expensive toy falling out of the sky and the possibility of injuring, even killing someone or destroying property and the probability of getting into trouble and likely prosecution?

Filming-wise, the cameraman did a very good job of keeping it steady and clear. We cannot simply dismiss this as a drone without more evidence, the same way as it cannot be assumed to be anything unearthly or secret project. A bit of a stalemate, in my opinion...unless someone admits to it being a fake.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
I have nothing to add.

This video..

Yes, Lancashire, not Yorkshire.

<< 1   >>

join