It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19. The majority of us are thinking this so why not say it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: abeverage

tracing because they can with cell phone data is illegal

Yes. That would be problematic. Is that being done?

I think I'm safe, in any case.

Ha, I miss my flip phone!

Oh come on Phage you have to know they are using cell data to track "the virus"

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

would an increase in positives have anything to do with an increase in testing?

If not, why?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

I thought you were talking about the US. I was. And yes, I'm aware of the geolocation data being used. But that's not the same thing as contact tracing, by a long shot. Simple solution, turn off geolocation on your phone. I understand it's not hard to do.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

would an increase in positives have anything to do with an increase in testing?
Is this a trick question?
Of course it could. The testing levels are also provided on that website, btw.

Do you think that only those who are tested positive are infected? If so, why?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Jeez, you were doing so very well until you blamed China.

All your points were excellent, and then you blamed China. Big disappointment.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
How would preventing the shutdown have made the problem go away?

It would have gone away quicker, because we'd have reached herd immunity quicker, and already be well down the curve to 'gone away' by now.

The shutdown has made it a looooooooooooooong drawn out process.

Think of it as the difference between ripping the bandaid off in one quick motion which causes your daughter to go 'ouchie!', vs slowly pulling it away while your daughter screams bloody murder for 10-20 seconds.

Snipped the rest of your yammering because 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes. I said there has a been a slow (and bumpy) decline since early April.

Your statement was incorrect.

If you look at the trajectory of the curve of infections, the US is still increasing

When you look at total numbers of infections since the middle of March, the growth in accumulated numbers is nearly linear.
Yes, because the daily rate is a small fraction of the accumulated number of infections so doesn't not appear well on a chart, proportionately. But the daily rate is just that, the daily change in number of new positive (or estimated) cases. It has been in a slow (and bumpy) decline since early April. On a nationwide basis. This is not true of every state.

This is the US curve (it is slightly rounding off, but you have to squint to see it):

This is another country, for comparison:

That was what I was referring to.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: chr0naut
How would preventing the shutdown have made the problem go away?

It would have gone away quicker, because we'd have reached herd immunity quicker, and already be well down the curve to 'gone away' by now.

The shutdown has made it a looooooooooooooong drawn out process.

Think of it as the difference between ripping the bandaid off in one quick motion which causes your daughter to go 'ouchie!', vs slowly pulling it away while your daughter screams bloody murder for 10-20 seconds.

Snipped the rest of your yammering because 'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'...

Before the herd immunity (80% carrying antibodies and with immune response), comes the time when 80% of everyone in the US gets this. That would be roughly 264,000,000 infected people.

At the current death rate of 6% of those infected, that is 15,840,000 people dead.

And because it takes time to spread, it wouldn't be over yet. And because medical care would be overwhelmed, and because the severity of the symptoms seems to relate to the number of infectious exposures, the death rate would be even worse than the current 6% and would tend towards the worst-case rate seen in Belgium - 16.3%.

That would be, tending towards 43,032,000 dead.

edit on 19/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Funny thing about data, if you eliminate all the so called “liberal cities” in the US, then the needle barely rises. The same as gun deaths and anti-gun cities. Bizarre how that works out...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So 6% of those infected will die?

How does that square with Triumph foods? They tested every employee - 400+. Every one is positive. Only somewhere in the low 30s had any symptoms at all, and only 1 man in his 40s with underlying health conditions was hospitalized and subsequently died.

That's not 6%, not even close.

edit on 19-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So 6% of those infected will die?

How does that square with Triumph foods? They tested every employee - 400+. Every one is positive. Only somewhere in the low 30s had any symptoms at all, and only 1 man in his 40s with underlying health conditions was hospitalized and subsequently died.

That's not 6%, not even close.

There are far fewer retirees working at Triumph foods.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Funny thing about data, if you eliminate all the so called “liberal cities” in the US, then the needle barely rises. The same as gun deaths and anti-gun cities. Bizarre how that works out...

Perhaps yokels live further apart and are more antisocial? Or perhaps it depends upon how you define 'liberal cities'?

edit on 19/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Should Not Covid-19 Threads be in the HOAX Bin by Now ? I mean , come on People , does this Conspiracy have to Slap you in the Mouth or What by Now > ?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So then protect the retirees.

Many of them are on sources of income that do not depend on actively working outside the home. They can stay shuttered much more easily than the rest of us can afford to.

Continue the extra cleaning measures and special shopping hours for them and let them stay cloistered.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

They (esp Dr Grouchi ) keep harping on the 'news' that THE SECOND WAVE WILL BE WORSE!

Maybe that's because they have planned it that way-
we are all away from people far more than usual, for the past 2 months, so our immune systems must be weaker.
Even if some of us have been exercising outside everyday, and going shopping like normal, I still think we (at least I) see less people since I am working from home now.

Purposeful weakening to cull population in general?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

They're all making their decisions based off of theory. They're looking at Spanish Flu where the initial wave of infection was quite mild and then the second wave had numbers more like their initial projections for this virus now. So I would assume they are heading for second wave theory to justify all their models and decisions in the face of the rising realization that they were wrong.

Now, maybe this time they'll be right and this will mutate into something more severe and more like what they were expecting. But if that's the case, then you want to get and about, and you actually want to get this virus NOW because research also shows that those who got the first wave of Spanish Flu had immunity to some degree from the second wave. They were both less likely to get it and less likely to die from it if they did get it.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hell maybe I already had it. one of those weirdos that had a high fever horrible aches and couldnt even walk back in late december. . and never had a fever in over 20 years prior.

but who knows...
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

We think we may have in late December/early January for several reasons, not least of which is that our symptoms are all a match for it.

But we haven't been antibody tested to see.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What was changed

I thought I made that clear in the OP . Let me try again .

Never in the history of the entire world has the medical community chosen to lock down , restricted or choose your word. For what was done to a entire nation of healthy people .

I gave you links and asked where in their pre-planned strategies for handling pandemics . They ever brought up the possibility of restricting every healthy person‘s movements .

You definitely won’t find it prior to Covid 19 . Although I haven’t been able to , you might be able to find it mentioned recently .

So let’s readdress the question hypothetically . But also taking into consideration the assessment I’ve held and even defended of you.

Our views might be drastically different but at least you’re honest .

If you found that the CDC suddenly trash caned their 60 year old plan of attack in favor of a position that will cause irreparable harm to the world.

Would you find that move to be at the very least suspicious ?

edit on 19-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Not including China in a list of suspects .

Would’ve been the wong way to approach the crime.

When we find out Hu Wi Hai Ding .

China won’t be having a rice day .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join