It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Moons In Your Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hello,

Do you all remember that story about the 2 suns in 2011? Something about a crash landing of Nibiru... Haha... JK...

Anyway, my wife snapped this really cool pic of the moon rise . As luck would have it 2 Moons showed up in the picture.

I love the color of the moon when it has just risen. It looks yellow or orange.

There weren't really 2 visible moons rising that we saw with our naked eyes. It just showed up that way in the photo.

Wondering if anybody can explain why?

Cheers!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IrisMoonie

Reflections in the lens system. Commonly called lens flare but that is not exactly the right term.
www.metabunk.org...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
exactly what that is. looks cool though.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe refraction is the term you seek.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

I did notice that the parking lot lamp is not producing a similar reflection though. And what's going on in the lower right corner?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: skybandit

No. Reflection is what I meant. Light bouncing between lens elements.

edit on 5/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Similar to almost every PlanetX, Nibiru, rogue planet hitting the Earth type photo its an explainable artifact of photography.

Or see what Phage said.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Talk about a brainfart, must be on account of age or covid-19 cabin fever...lol
Yes, ty

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
lower right corner could be a car coming up the road.?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You know I hadn't even noticed those lights in the lower right corner til you mentioned it.

Here is a zoom in on them...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Good photo but nothing weird.
Its just the second lamp post. The light is attached to arm. Just zoom in and You will see the shadow of an arm.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I think this double moon image is due to a double pane window effect.

If I'm looking at the sun through a double pane window, in my living room, I can visibly see an image of the sun in the glass (and multiple sun images at certain angles). i can't capture that on camera though because the actual sunlight washes over the image on camera.

What I'm not sure of, in this instance, is if the double moon image is due to a double pane window effect on the camera lens, or a double pane window effect in the sky.

In 2011, the top news stories about the double sun image attributed it to an atmospheric effect.

My android camera seems to have a keener eye than me at capturing unseen aspects of the moon in the sky. A common example is here.

The camera shows the part of the moon that isn't lit, but I couldnt see that with my naked eye.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Oh crap you're right.

The one street lamp was white, but the other one's color matched the moon so well. And the angle of it too. It fooled me.

Well anyway, I did capture the effect I'm talking about here outside with the sun on a smoky day once.

Double Pane Window Effect?

Just pointed the camera directly at the sun then tilted down slightly.
edit on 18-5-2020 by IrisMoonie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I think this double moon image is due to a double pane window effect.

That is what internal reflections are. Exactly. But I'm puzzled about why the parking lot light doesn't show the same effect. I wonder if what that previous poster said about it being another parking lot light might not be the case.

or a double pane window effect in the sky.
No such thing. While there can strange mirage effects, they occur near the horizon.

In 2011, the top news stories about the double sun image attributed it to an atmospheric effect.
That one from Taiwan? There was a pretty long thread on ATS about it. Some people seemed to think there were actually two suns.

This one?
abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The camera shows the part of the moon that isn't lit
It is lit. By Earthshine.
earthsky.org...

Oh crap you're right.
So, it is just another light? You didn't notice the light when you took the picture? Seriously?
Well, that explains why the light on the left isn't doubled.

Double Pane Window Effect?

Yes. Internal reflections. Within the camera lens system. It doesn't happen in the sky. They were very common in 2011 / 2012. Nibiru is coming!

edit on 5/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

2 Moons In Your Eyes ...It just showed up ...Can anybody can explain why?

Apparently you're trapped in a spatial phenomenon known as a Tyken's Rift , Try venting hydrogen ...

edit on 19-5-2020 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I create a post on this a long time ago lens reflections and night photography and this looks like a classic example.

top topics

join