It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nolte: Ocasio-Cortez Fights Unpaid $2,000 Tax Bill Despite NY Warrant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

so to claim she is somehow "special" or "unique"

No, not at all. Many wealthy people who open up corporations and other entrepreneur endeavors often have people who do their taxes and fight claims against them and associated businesses.

Especially someone who already has a full time job.

Im suggesting that she just asked her team to handle it and her team decided it was in their best interest to fight it.

If it was so clear that she would lose any disputes why would she and her team fight it?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Honestly, this is a petty tax violation case which i dont consider important. If trump had a 2k tax dispute he was fighting forawhile, would the left bring it up as a big news story?

O yea, they probably would. Well, cheers to more left vs right political mumbo jumbo.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: neo96

A few years ago, if memory serves, when the question came up with Trump, you and I had a conversation in which you echoed Trump’s statement that it’s an American’s duty not to pay any more taxes than they have to.

I’d link it but frankly it’s not worth it.

Sounds like false equivalency; I highly highly doubt Trump has any tax bills delinquent for 7 years. I'm sure it possible, but it would've likely been reported by now.

That's a nice try though: twisting the spirit of Trump's statement, from exploiting legal loopholes that lower taxable footprint, into refusal for paying a tax bill for the better part of a decade.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Sounds like false equivalency;

Sounded like political trolling to me.

AS the topic was AOC.

Can't really expect to have a real convo with those sufferring from Orange man bad.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Truly leading by example isnt she? What a patriot she is, dodging her taxes while demanding more government spending. One would think that she’d be aware an unpaid 2k tax bill could hurt her future aspirations far more than the financial hit of just paying it...

edit on 19-5-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Truly leading by example isnt she? What a patriot she is, dodging her taxes while demanding more government spending. One would think that she’d be aware an unpaid 2k tax bill could hurt her future aspirations far more than the financial hit of just paying it...

Well let's be fair that is if they get her to release her taxes...

you all saw what I did there and Hypocrisy is Hypocrisy isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: scrounger

so to claim she is somehow "special" or "unique"

No, not at all. Many wealthy people who open up corporations and other entrepreneur endeavors often have people who do their taxes and fight claims against them and associated businesses.

Especially someone who already has a full time job.

Im suggesting that she just asked her team to handle it and her team decided it was in their best interest to fight it.

If it was so clear that she would lose any disputes why would she and her team fight it?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Honestly, this is a petty tax violation case which i dont consider important. If trump had a 2k tax dispute he was fighting forawhile, would the left bring it up as a big news story?

O yea, they probably would. Well, cheers to more left vs right political mumbo jumbo.

nice duck and weave but clearly a deflection post with no meat.

you still claim she has people "handling it" (which is true for almost everyone in same position) but IGNORE that unless they are truly clueless or ignorant NO ONE just "turns it over to their people" then ignore/too busy to keep up on it.

if she was truly clueless, ignorant, or arrogant like the examples i gave of hollywood types and sports stars they would be openly mocked (maybe tad sympathy if say a child star) .

not defended like you are and claiming its "normal"

but no touching on if it were not an elected official and/or a liberal democrat they would be LEGALLY HOUNDED, had liens put on, and a MASSIVELY GROWING (especially after seven years) fines...

you can do mental gymastics to olympic level and it is entertaining.

but doesnt change she is a narcissistic hypocritical fool that thinks she doesnt have to pay legal taxes.
she gets away with it because she is a government representative and people like you keep making EXCUSES for it.

scrounger

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Why does she need to release her taxes? I don’t care about her releasing them, is it required of her? Just pay them. She has a warrant in NY from her unpaid taxes, that has nothing to do with your political whataboutisms, which has zero legal standing...

Just wow the idiocy of some. Also discussing hypocrisy? Please highlight it in my above post or take the L
a reply to: abeverage

edit on 20-5-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I tried to give her a chance but she failed miserably between joining the now disgraced Omar, Cortez, Talib and Pressley's Squawker Squad of Squawking Squaws (I think that's what they call themselves), their supervillain team of Democracy fighting heroines who are out there trying to fight Donald Trump or crush the United States or take over the world or steal the moon...I forget what it is they're up to...I just always felt uneasy in that their team is so saturated with scandal, it would go unnoticed if they were joined by Rita Repulsa, Natasha Fatale, Doctor Blight, or some other failed villainess who had no substance other than just being evil, something IMHO only Maleficent ever pulled off...and so well that when she cursed before her big fight scene, the animators were too afraid to do anything about it so they just left it in making her a terrifying bad ass in my eyes as a kid...but were duds like themselves to join, nobody would notice. It would at first just be like, well yea...of course, so? (Although I think they may have previously teamed up with Blight since only having done so and stealing her Hate Ring which they now share between them is the only explanation I have for their inability to see or think straight outside their absolute hatred and inability to see any redeeming quality in Trump or a single act he has done in office which, if not for the ring, would be impossible and just totally blinded incapacitated obsession and insanity, not legislating or representing their constituents).

The other beef I have with her is that I just don't tolerate the fact she can be a part of the force that froze the entire legislative branch of our federal government for four years, besides actually going through the prescribed process for the four bills which added a few thousand dollars each year to their salaries before immediately getting back to making absolute fools of themselves and a mockery of a system meant to not allow these things to happen.

But that's normal. Where I lose my patience entirely is that she doesn't have time to do her job, yet she puts out these videos on a daily basis of her daily life and she is obviously full of herself and she thinks she is some God's gift of talent and beauty, so much so she even uses a single stage name like Cher or Madonna. Veron...Melin...Miran......I forget but you can see it in the endless videos she uploads, totally oblivious to the fact she falls quite short of being the sex symbol and musical goddess she thinks she is.

edit on 5/22/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join