It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So We Roasted a Duck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

yup - goose is good

its very VERY dark meat - think compare chicken > duck . well - goose can be the same again

its got moore fat - than duck too - and wild hunted [ or poached ] birds - can be quite chewey

you need them young -

try a farmed goose breast first - to whet your appetite

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Who here has had goose?

We had goose almost every year for Christmas for a long time but never prepared one myself. It is darker than chicken and way more fatty but tasty. I like chicken or turkey better but we seldom have turkey here.

Mostly chicken, duck and goose.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Interesting thank you

So perhaps that means the seemingly older ones that fly around here every spring are not the ones I want to eat....

They must hatch elsewhere.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

Thank you as well,

I heard that goose used to be the christmas dish of choice in jolly old England?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know if they have Sammy's Woodfired Pizza joints around your parts but if you ever come across one check out their duck tacos. Freaking amazing, they are. I don't know what they do to the duck but man those things are so tasty.

Go for happy hour, all the apps are half price and they do have some really yummy food. Get a boatload of food for a decent price.

I don't think I've ever seen a duck in the meat counters at my local grocery stores. I'd probably have to go to the butcher near here or the Asian market. Never thought about it before.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I roasted a duck once. Unfortunately, it didn't understand English so it was a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I love a well cooked duck, the crispy skin is my favorite part if you can find a good Chinese BBQ place.
I don't eat it often because they are kind of nice little birds. But I have had a serious craving to try to make a crispy skin bbq duck pizza with a nice spicy plum sauce, sprinkle of bamboo shoots for extra crunch (or baby corns) sesame seed crust and maybe some pea shoots with diced spring onions. Some day, it will be mine.

The fat is really the thing with duck, it's got amazing flavor. Saw someone post on social media about making popcorn with bacon fat, what if you used that duck fat instead? Duck fat home fried fingerling taters for breakfast? Duck fat hashbrowns? Duck fat tater tots?? Duck fat tamale dough??? Oh I think I got a good one, take crispy duck skin and put it on top of a house wilted salad made with duck fat?!?

Sorry I had a salad for lunch and it's getting close to dinner, easily excited by flavors

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join