It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gym defies shutdown order and reopens in New Jersey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You have no absolute right to go around doing anything you want to do when your actions can literally kill people.

Since 50,000 Americans are killed in car accidents each year, I assume you do not drive, Will.

Sounds crass? Well, wrestle with that notion as much as you like, but there is no escaping the irony and underlying truth. Unless you are going to contend that 50,000 deaths via car IS an acceptable annual rate in addition to deaths from viruses. You unfeeling beast, you!

Deaths via Covid-19 will also be an acceptable annual occurrence, because there is likely to be no vaccine in the near future, and we shall HAVE to, as they say, "live with it". It's called being grown-up, as well as avoiding economic cataclysms that claim more lives than the virus itself.

Despite the Flu vaccine, half a billion people die globally from the Flu each year. Is that acceptable to you? Or do you recommend being penned up or walking around like John Merrick for the rest of our miserable, wretched lives in an economic wasteland, to avoid ALL viruses?

And yes, arguments like this are a thousand-a-penny on ATS, every day and every week, but that doesn't eliminate their bare-faced power and veracity since the first day they were made.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Personal opinions are why the Constitution contains inalienable rights. The mask issue is one thing. Likely it is not Unconstitutional to require people to wear masks in public places. That said, it is absolutely Unconstitutional to confine people to house arrest, restrict their freedom of association, restrict their freedom to exercise their religion via congregating, and restrict their freedom of movement. Wisconsin's Supreme Court was the first court to rule as much, they wont be the last.

Governments have the right to quarantine entrants from foreign countries and anyone who has tested positive, they do not have the right to quarantine those who have not tested positive.

You're on the wrong side of both the Constitution and history here.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Earlier you said the mask protects others, not the wearer... so why is the 90 year old lady wearing something for self protection that doesn't protect her at all?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

A 90-year-old lady not wanting to get sick and die doesn’t wear a mask because of CNN, they are wearing one because they are afraid. Maybe even your mother.

They're only afraid because of fake news.... I would bet it's unhealthy for a 90-year-old to constantly wear a mask, hell some could die from suffocation. Being deprived of fresh air is not a good thing for your elders.

And by the way, your the only one here making masks political. SICKO!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There's always control over your actions: taxes, got to have insurance, can't have sex with certain ages, can't yell fire when there isn't a fire, can't walk down the street naked, cant threaten a president, military drafts, and many other restrictions and coercive actions as in any society.

OK, dude, as far as I am concerned, you just disqualified yourself from ever debating with me again. I literally have no words for you that are acceptable on ATS (or probably on any other social network either). That is sick, perverted, and just plain WRONG.

Get professional help. Please. That's not a dig; it's a plea. Please get some help.

I feel dirty just knowing we're on the same website.

(I have to run, but I'll be back later to respond to others. I just couldn't let the above wait.)

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
his last name is italian, so he is a 98 percenter.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Small business have to jump through a lot of hoops, so I can understand the resentment factor.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
LOL ... States Rights ... until the states don’t comply with your agenda.

But good for the NJ gym owner. Good to see someone willing to spit in the eye of the tyrants.

Sad about his business license though, most likely.

States Rights doesnt mean the states do whatever they want to their citizens and you knew that. You are dishonest Gryphon and you always have been.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Masks//// It's about protecting people from the virus.

A 90-year-old lady not wanting to get sick and die doesn’t wear a mask because of CNN, they are wearing one because they are afraid.

Again, it's because the MSM makes them afraid.

Most masks we see people wear cant stop particles as small as 70-90 nanometers, it's not much good. AND, more importantly, without sealed eye protection, you can get infected by airborne particles via the eyes. Then there is your hair, skin and clothing etc... useless.

Your best protection against this virus is your immune system, when you hide from the world around you, it weakens your immune system.

What does Dr. Fauci say about masks... hmmm

1. Dr. Fauci:
  2. People should not be walking around with masks

1. Dr. Fauci:
    2. There's no reason to be walking around with a mask when you're in the middle of an outbreak.

1. Dr. Fauci:
      2. Wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Health Inspection laws do not just declare that business can't open. There's a big difference between declaring that a restaurant can't serve salmonella sauce and declaring they can't serve food.

This mess is literally making commerce illegal.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Even if it's not returning a profit, every dime that comes in is one dime closer to not being forced out of business. There's a long-term goal to consider: this panic is not going to last forever and once it is over the business will be (hopefully) able to go back to normal. If it survives the crisis, it will then continue to produce a living for the owner and employees for years.

Only the short-sighted look to make a quick buck at the expense of long-term investment. The problem is not that a company or employees run short this month or next month... it's that they will lose a job that would have potentially lasted them for year after year in the future. The planet is going to keep spinning whether some politician can comprehend that fact or not.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: TheRedneck

Its all good as you stated until a cluster develops there.

He really better hope it doesn't - going against the grain can hurt ie - lawsuits, fines, imprisonment if deaths occur.

I applaud the face value mindset but detest the $ before safety mentality.

Very fine line to walk.

we should keep in mind, the quarantine was never about eliminating the risk of the virus. it was to "flatten the curve". in my opinion, all we are doing is pushing the outbreak bubble out farther. whether we open up the world now or a year from now, we will still be facing the same chance for outbreaks.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good for them , about time Someone Stood Up to the Communist Mafia that Runs my State . N.J.'s Government is a place where Carpetbaggers line each Taxpayer Paid Seat. They have stripped NJ of all that once made it a great place to live . Then, Sec 8 housing started to take the place of all the Foreclosures and Bankruptcies that happened during the Christie years due to Ridiculously High Taxes . Murphy is from Massachusetts, worked as a Ambassador to Germany under Obama's first 4 years and now is making sure NJ Goes Bankrupt . I Want to Kill them ALL in Trenton if Given a Chance . !...

edit on 19-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

New Jersey Democrats Silent on Phil Murphy Putting Coronavirus Patients in Nursing Homes

www.breitbart.com...

Democrats across the Nation are Fully Aware that the Senior Citizen Demographic is the most Loyal Conservative Voting Block alive today , and which is Why they are trying their best to Kill us off before November .

edit on 19-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is getting crazy... 1 Member Arrested Leaving Atilis Gym, Others Cited As Owners Charged Again For Violating Stay-At-Home Order

"Will the defendant stand... sir, you are bring accused of visiting a gym to exercise without state approval. How do you plead?"
"Guilty, Your Honor."
"Very well. Charges being received and a guilty plea entered, I hereby sentence you to 3 years in the state penitentiary. Next!"

"You are charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of grand theft auto. How do you plead?"
"Guilty, Your Honor."
"Very well. In light of the possibility you might face of contracting a cold while in prison, I have no choice but to remand you to voluntary home confinement for a period of six months. You are free to go."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

You have no absolute right to go around doing anything you want to do when your actions can literally kill people.

Since 50,000 Americans are killed in car accidents each year, I assume you do not drive, Will.

Did American car accidents go from 0 to 50,000 in just a few months time? No? Then dumb argument.

Apples to apples brotha. (and obviously covid deaths are almost twice that amount).

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Bull#. Layoff the Liberal Kool-aid

You haven't a clue. What we have here are State Governors acting as dictators, the vast majority of whom are Democrats. Emergency powers give the Governor the authority to act quickly in an emergency where time is essential. I have no problem with that. Back in March they acted on the information that they had and there was a time crunch.

Now we don't have that crunch and we are finding out that they acted on inaccurate information and they still think they can act like dictators. We have STATE LEGISLATURES for a reason. These Governors are ignoring the Legislature. The representatives of the People are the Legislatures. We are being ignored. When several Governors notify the Federal Government that they intend to keep the shutdown in place until they get what they want it is no longer a case of them acting in the best interests of the people in their State.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

IF they can make you wear a mask in the White House, or Congress then a governor if they have cause, in this case, a highly contagious killer virus,

Think about the inconsistent logic of your argument.

There is no 'highly contagious killer virus' in this case. There is some novel coronavirus, that is fairly contagious, and that has a low mortality rate for those in high risk categories.

Do you drive a car?

Have you ever gone to work while sick?

So, basically, just # off with your ridiculous, fear-mongering BS.

This anti quarantine stuff is a personal opinion but it’s not based on any constitutional anything.

This pro-quarantine stuff is just a personal opinion with no rational, scientific basis behind it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join