It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gym defies shutdown order and reopens in New Jersey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The real question is, are enough customers coming to the gym for it to turn a profit?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
He sells memberships. If he sold enough of them, it doesn't matter how many people come through the door, he still makes money.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not in my copy, either...

Maybe we got defective copies??

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Where are all these safety concerns during flu season?? Or year 'round for colds??

Y'all don't want to catch it? Stay home!! I have a life, such as it is, to live...I do not have the time, nor quite frankly, the interest in playing it safe for you.

I'm sick, pun intended, of driving by stores that are still shuttered, and way too many will never open, again. What about those people??

Since we're making allowances for you, are you going to make allowances for those folks, who've lost their livelihoods--maybe their homes will be next.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I spent my entire childhood outside playing in the dirt. Exposed to all sorts of bugs-viral and creepy crawly. Colds were common, flu's upon occasion, though not very often--my immune system saw those off in very short order.

I'm still outside, a lot, though not nearly as much as I used to...and I've, without any doubt at all, been exposed to just about everything there is to be exposed to.

Cancer didn't get me, this isn't either.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You folks may think calling this governor a tyrant is right but I think that short-sided and ignorant.

Look at his motives, its to as he feels save lives not to tyrannize people.

The science tells us this shutdown saved a lot of lives and for people to hide behind this FAKE notion of freedom in this instance is pretty ridiculous IMO.
It’s a KILLER VIRUS LOOSE. This guy isn’t any Hitler.

You folks are in for a shock.
THE FEDERAL OR STATE GOVERNMENT AT CERTAIN TIMES CAN JAIL YOU, GO INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, CONFESCATE YOUR HOME...ETC....!
What if you had a virus and everybody you touched got it you telling me the government can’t arrest you?

IF you had aids and went around screwing people YOU CAN BE ARRESTED!!!!!!
So what logic do you use to criticize what these governors are doing? NONE.
It's your own SELFISH opinion.

edit on 18-5-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
IF you had aids and went around screwing people YOU CAN BE ARRESTED!!!!!!
So what logic do you use to criticize what these governors are doing? NONE.
It's your own SELFISH opinion.

Uhm, that's action with cause and following proof. If you want to draw AIDS and sex into this, the actions by these governors and mayors is akin to governors and mayors criminalizing sexual contact between ALL adults, in absence of a positive AIDS test, to make sure nobody contracts AIDS. The actions taken have assumed everyone is COVID positive (at which point, I have to ask, why even worry about restricting it if you assume everyone already has it right out of the gate?)

Also, for the record, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Further, where do the good intentions cease down the line? Lot of people's lives would be saved if these governors restricted American citizen's access to Big Macs, outlawed tobacco products, banned forearms, required helmets to be worn outside of the home, etc... where do you allow adults to make their own decisions?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well has it occurred to you that everybody isn’t like you?

Some folks are vulnerable to die easily from this virus.

If this were a hurricane and you didn’t want to evacuate then that’s different This is a highly contagious killer virus and people should be understanding and tolerant enough to accept some responsibility to their fellow citizen's vulnerability

Everybody isn’t a superman like you

Now I can understand one being very upset over the financial burden some will face but those who are just selfish, I don't agree with.

This is a contagious killer virus, not a simple cold.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So when they use this same excuse to abolish the 2nd Amendment down the road...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Indeed. I'm well aware of that. In fact, here in about a month or so, hopefully sooner, I'll have to take some measures to prevent as illness passing along to my Brother in law, as he recovers from a stroke.

But, guess what, he'll be taking precautions, too. Why, you ask? Because he's an adult, who can take care of himself--right now, he needs a bit of help, and that's why I'll take precautions. You know what else he's going to be doing??

C'mon, you know you want to...

He's going to be staying home. He's not going to, or as little as possible, expose himself to outside illnesses.

As for colds? How many people die every year from complications from "simple cold"?? Quite a few, I'm guessing.

Why is this one so different?? It's not, save in the panic of some folks out there. Oh, and the politicians who seem to be garnering some sick pleasure out of getting their dictator on.

Superman? Hardly. But I'm not Johnny Milquetoast, either. I'll continue to take valid precautions, while you do what ever it seems best for you. Leave me out of it.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Your not getting the analogy. If a government can control your behavior with Aids than they can control it with other infectious diseases. It's not about freedom. Even with sex with certain age restrictions is a restriction on freedom.

Why aren't people in the street protesting that? Because that would be too controversial. But some societies have a lower age limit for legal sexual relations than here.

As for Aids, the analogy was to point out, many states in America have laws that you better be very very careful if you have Aids and have sex. You can end up in jail.

The analogy is about the idea of absolute freedom versus relative freedom.

How can the government put an Aids person in jail... SH__ ITS MY RIGHT TO HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE I WANT!
EVENTHOUGH I CAN KILL YOU.

See how you sound protesters.

You sound like selfish children to me.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Your not getting the analogy. If a government can control your behavior with Aids than they can control it with other infectious diseases. It's not about freedom. Even with sex with certain age restrictions is a restriction on freedom.

SMH

Dude... I can't even.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Look, you folks just tell me how they can restrict your actions with AIDS and not this?

You have no case, IMO.

Now if you say, well then the AIDS restriction is bad.

Okay, if they have sex with you or one of your loved ones, then how would you feel?

All I'm trying to get across is this IS NOT about freedom.

Sure, you can protest, that's your right but it's established in law that there is no such thing as unlimited freedom. And in certain circumstances, the government can curtail your freedoms for the common good as it sees it.

We can have a worse virus that this( God forbid) and any society that has a social contract is able to restrict freedoms based on the common good.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Look, you folks just tell me how they can restrict your actions with AIDS and not this?

I already did, it's called "Knowing you have had a positive test." No court case in this country has convicted (criminally or in civil suit) someone for passing AIDS to a partner when the accused was unaware they were positive. COVID restrictions are assuming everyone is COVID positive, which is a presumption of guilt, the exact opposite of the presumption of innocence our entire legal system is built upon.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Think about the inconsistent logic of your argument.

IF they can make you wear a mask in the White House, or Congress then a governor if they have cause, in this case, a highly contagious killer virus, then they can make you quarantine or wear masks in certain areas.

You have no absolute right to go around doing anything you want to do when your actions can literally kill people.

This anti quarantine stuff is a personal opinion but it’s not based on any constitutional anything.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Your watching to much CNN, turn the fake news off...
Pull your mask down and breath the fresh air of freedom.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That's why they're saying to have widespread testing for one. But we didn't and still don thave widespread testing.

Also, in a contagious virus is scientifically proven that wearing masks and social distancing cuts down the virus from spreading.

That's a reasonable excuse for doing it.

Look, there doing this all over the planet. It's not just in the US.

In China, they'll whip your behind.

Americans are spoiled. We do have a greater degree of freedom than most countries but not unlimited freedom.

There's always control over your actions: taxes, got to have insurance, can't have sex with certain ages, can't yell fire when there isn't a fire, can't walk down the street naked, cant threaten a president, military drafts, and many other restrictions and coercive actions as in any society.

Look its a personal opinion. One doesn't like the shut down for whatever reason, fine. But its got nothing to do with any constitution

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Okay, go in a hospital, Patrick Henry, and don't wear a mask Mr tough guy...or superman?

Have an intellectual thought once in a while, if possible, not just political slogans.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Sure, no problem, I don't mind doing one of those viral, dirty dance routines with the nurses.

BUT only after you lick some boots.

oh wait, your probably doing that right now. : P

edit on 18-5-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Let me elaborate to you how ignorant your statement is.

Wearing a mask isn’t a political statement. Only certain Trump mentally manipulated followers have politicized this.

It's about protecting people from the virus. That’s it. A 90-year-old lady not wanting to get sick and die doesn’t wear a mask because of CNN, they are wearing one because they are afraid. Maybe even your mother.

And btw, Ill stop watching CNN when you stop salivating over Fox news

The Fox News that claimed a virus that has killed now 90 thousand Americans is a hoax.

Some hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join