It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gym defies shutdown order and reopens in New Jersey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

We are all going to have to learn to live with covid 19

Yes, we are. Just like we learned to live with the flu, with colds, with measles, mumps, smallpox... nothing has really changed except in the mind of the public.

Remember a true patriot protects his/her fellow countrymen, sometimes by wearing a mask

And sometimes by putting the needs of those countrymen before their own wants and fears.

I have yet to hear anyone demand that anyone go out in public. Maybe it's happened, but I am certain it hasn't happened nearly as much as people being forced to stay home. I won't support that if someone does say it; if you want to stay home, stay home. If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. If you want to avoid crowds, avoid crowds. Those are your rights.

I have a problem only when the people who want to stay home tell me I have to stay home, too. That's not how it works. You get to make decisions for yourself; I get to make decisions for myself; the gym owner gets to make decisions for himself. Majority opinion does not matter when it comes to individual freedom, even with a virus.

Show me one case where someone is forced by law to leave their home. Just one. I'm sure anyone from Michigan can easily show us quite a few people who are forced to remain there.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If that happened, the progressives will use that to beat the rest of the country into submission. The only state that will do that is mine, though. Two militia rallies to everyone else's zero. If she keeps treating them like bad children, while holding livelihoods hostage... Only so long until she gets massacred massacred.

She's poking the bear, and the bear is already pissed off from living in Michigan. She'll be a martyr, though. Bye bye, guns. Hello citizen revolt. Hello National Guard.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Until they have to go out for things like food, dish soap, clothes, seeds, ect.

You do know seeds are now illegal to buy in Michigan?

Ever hear of a delivery service? Mail order? Asking a friend to pick something up for you? Please show me where anyone has a right to not get sick while shopping.

For that matter, please show me where I have some legal obligation to ensure that someone doesn't get sick while they're out shopping.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, some good news. The local police representative showed up and after telling the gym owner he was in violation of Governor Turd Face's order wished everyone a good day and left.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hahaha, did his duty and moved on.

Augustus, y'all need to be careful. I might start liking New Jersey if this keep up.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
How many?

Several.

I'd like to order one flat, long torso to replace the gut on mine.

I'll check my inventory but for what it's worth I prefer the ones the remind me of pork belly.

Let me know when it's time to restock.
I just got a tune-up for the windowless, white, van.

If it's the one that says "Free Candy" on the side, will you check to see if I left my wallet in it?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How many?

Several.

I'd like to order one flat, long torso to replace the gut on mine.

I'll check my inventory but for what it's worth I prefer the ones the remind me of pork belly.

Let me know when it's time to restock.
I just got a tune-up for the windowless, white, van.

If it's the one that says "Free Candy" on the side, will you check to see if I left my wallet in it?

We felt "Free Puppies" reached a larger demographic.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

How? We haven't even reached 100,000 deaths in America. We should have been well over a million by now. It's not the masks. It's not the gloves. It's not the hand sanitizers. We were all exposed before we knew about it, for at least 3 months including Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years where we all gathered and shopped among each other. Making people sit at home, unless they have to mingle around 100 people at the supermarket, isn't the answer. We're all touching the same things at the store from the doors to the products and unless everyone out there is sterilizing every product they buy, BEFORE they unload the cart, then they're spreading germs.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Great. It's probably lost for good then.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: TheRedneck

Its all good as you stated until a cluster develops there.

He really better hope it doesn't - going against the grain can hurt ie - lawsuits, fines, imprisonment if deaths occur.

I applaud the face value mindset but detest the $ before safety mentality.

Very fine line to walk.

Just like the Operation Gridlock protest being declared a Typhoid Mary Ground Zero hot spot in Lansing utterly failing to materialize as predicted, and the state's number's continuing to nosedive, and currently being about two thirds less than they were in early April, I bet no hot spot erupts from this NJ gym, either.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You're still welcome to look though our 'LOST & SOLD' bin.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Until they have to go out for things like food, dish soap, clothes, seeds, ect.

You do know seeds are now illegal to buy in Michigan?

Nope, not anymore
When Governor Dingdong allowed the garden stores and nurseries to open back up, the FIRST THING that greeted us in the door at Meijer was a huge rack of plants, and just a few steps behind it, a display case of seeds. I think they were dropping a major hint at customers, lol.

We ended up hitting up several stores and managed to get 4 tomato plants, 5 herb plants, and 2 hot pepper plants (and a buttload of potting soil) But we did have to look around, our favored shops were utterly mobbed (Flowerland for example, holy crap, no room social distancing there, lmfao, and getting picked pretty clean in plant stock)

One of our non-edible seed items was a bag of grass seed, and I'm surprised we managed to find any. We had to have a leaking pipe repaired under the front yard a few years ago, and one spot just plain refused to sprout & fill in over the past few years after they re-seeded it. It's slowly growing back in on it's own, but we put down new top soil there & a generous amount of grass seed to help it, it's already been like this for 3 years, I'm not waiting 3 more. Grass seed doesn't cost that much anyway.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Please show me where anyone has a right to not get sick while shopping.

Health Inspection Laws.

That's what they're there for. States and municipalities will shut down places (public health nuisance) that don't meet the standards.

The Alabama state public health laws runs 900+ pages

edit on 18-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
His puppet masters...and your puppet masters..a reply to: WorldUnderCeej

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Right now, the only standard seems to be whether or not some official decides that your good or service is something people *need*, and how often here do we debate the point that it's not about whether or not this or that is something people *need* in a free society?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I actually lost ten lbs

Amazing what not working under crap fluorescent lights and getting more natural light and a daily walk can do, since you are not cooped up in an office.

I am glad the gym owner took matters into his hands . I just hope he doesn't regret it if people sue him or die from getting infected there. It's a balance for sure.

I think everything should be open, just with distancing and masks, and there should be some law created or enforced that states you are not liable as the owner for any infections.

a reply to: neo96

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The UK's lock down is 56 days now. And it's been a drag. I've hated not seeing my kids or my girl. I also think it was overcautious in its approach.

Everyone's moaned about it (and believe me Brits lead in the world in moaning) but 90% of people have stuck to the rules and our infection reproduction rate has dropped massively, which has had a huge effect on bringing down the death rate. As such, we're now in position to gently lift the restrictions and see how it goes.

But I applaud this gentleman in NJ. He needs his gym open, his patrons want his gym open too. But what he's done is not just take back control, he's taken responsibility for his community by taking responsible precautions. If everyone does that, we can safely move out of lockdown. We'll just have to accept that things will be different.

The problem is, we all know that a minority won't accept that and will put others at risk to make a point. Just like WW2, everyone has to play their part and be sensible like the gentleman with his gym and all his patrons.
edit on 18-5-2020 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks like the gym owner has now been cited for opening: "South Jersey gym cited for disorderly conduct after opening in defiance of shutdown order"

Bellmawr police Monday issued the owners of Atilis Gym a citation for disorderly conduct. Co-owner Frank Trumbetti said he expected this to happen, and was surprised more action had not been taken. He said the gym will remain open and they will cooperate with the law enforcement regarding a court summons.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You're still welcome to look though our 'LOST & SOLD' bin.

I didn't take the bait when I saw "Free Puppies" on the side. But the free candy gets me every. single. time...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
LOL ... States Rights ... until the states don’t comply with your agenda.

States Rights, so long as the state governments remain within the restrictions on their authority and power the Constitution constrains them with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join