It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gym defies shutdown order and reopens in New Jersey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Mine opens later this week...and I can't wait.

. . . . . I body build at home, today I'm working on torsos.

How many?

I'd like to order one flat, long torso to replace the gut on mine.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Saw a lady come out of a closed gym w bag from workout. Gym lights off, but door unlocked. A few others have defined the order

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't remember anything in the 10th Amendment that allows a state to suspend inalienable rights at the governors discretion.

But I'm not that smart, so. . . .

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
How many?

Several.

I'll check my inventory but for what it's worth I prefer the ones the remind me of pork belly.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It doesn't. That's what I meant. Maybe my post wasn't as clear as I tried to make it. If it's outlined in the COTUS, then the states don't have the right to abrogate it.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

It doesn't. That's what I meant. Maybe my post wasn't as clear as I tried to make it. If it's outlined in the COTUS, then the states don't have the right to abrogate it.

No, your post was clear, a poor attempt at sarcasm on my part. . .

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Mine opens later this week...and I can't wait.

Good for you guys. I'm glad this gym owner is telling that cretin Murphy to stick it, we need more people to do the same.

I'd like to tell you I'd go to a gym but I body build at home, today I'm working on torsos.

Did you see that Murphy opened up charter fishing again?
It goes by the length of the boat as to how many people can go on it. It ends up being unprofitable for some boats to go out. A fifty footer that normally takes 8 people out can only take 6 if you have 2 crew aboard. Head boats that normally take 100 people out can't carry enough people to break even. At least that is what I heard from my friends that fish out of Highlands.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We are all going to have to learn to live with covid 19

I think that it is not just as simple as opening up all businesses. We as a nation need to learn how to run businesses in a virus safe manor. Some things are easy. Some are much more difficult.

There are a lot of things that I just don't see myself doing this year. If I go somewhere and it's crowded, I'm not interested, so I'll leave.

How can restaurants make a profit at 25-50% capacity? My mom ran a restaurant and I know how challenging this business can be under normal circumstances.

It's going to be an interesting year or two. It doesn't matter which side of the political spectrum you are on. What matters is that you make choices that don't endanger others.

Remember a true patriot protects his/her fellow countrymen, sometimes by wearing a mask

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not that bad. I just can't get the spare tire off. I blame it on being 41. I don't like to assume all of my snacking has anything to do with it because, well, I don't like to assume.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
We as a nation need to learn how to run businesses in a virus safe manor.

Actually, the people who are afraid of catching a virus should just stay the hell home, no one should be forced to accommodate askeert marys.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Did you see that Murphy opened up charter fishing again?
It goes by the length of the boat as to how many people can go on it. It ends up being unprofitable for some boats to go out. A fifty footer that normally takes 8 people out can only take 6 if you have 2 crew aboard. Head boats that normally take 100 people out can't carry enough people to break even. At least that is what I heard from my friends that fish out of Highlands.

Makes total sense, it's government logic.

Someone should take him deep sea fishing out in the Hudson Canyon.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

It's been hundreds of thousands of years. Why are we just now needing to learn how to operate in a virus safe manor? Throughout the centuries, we've had diseases and sicknesses that were 100X worse than the coronavirus yet we're still here.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Until they have to go out for things like food, dish soap, clothes, seeds, ect.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I suppose one good thing coming from this panicdemic is that the people at large are going to become politically active. I hope these governors get massacred politically at the voting both.

I see another reason Pelosi is cramming mailed votes down our throat; all these governors will be ejected without ballot harvesting. I feel the only one who's got a shot staying around, without stuffing the ballot box, is Cuomo. He silver-tongued the people.

He's responsible for NY being the US hot spot, though. Hopefully people in NY remember that, and don't fall for his pandering to their fears. If the rich move out permanently, that 70% drop in tax revenue isn't going to heal. The people left would never forgive him for losing the political hegemony over New England NY currently enjoys.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Until they have to go out for things like food, dish soap, clothes, seeds, ect.

Guess what? Those askeert marys can have all of that home delivered. Every single item can be shipped to their veal box via Amazon and many local services. No need for them to enter the big bad scary world and possibly get sick, they can stay safe at home forever.

edit on 18-5-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WorldUnderCeej
I hope these governors get massacred.

I fixed that up a little bit with where I think the period should have been in that sentence.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
How many?

Several.

I'll check my inventory but for what it's worth I prefer the ones the remind me of pork belly.

Let me know when it's time to restock.
I just got a tune-up for the windowless, white, van.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Ah, yes, the Family Truckster.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
One of the biggest reasons that we need to learn how to function in a virus safe manor is the density of our population. There are over 7 billion people in the world. We are more interconnected than ever.

So, in the past, when a plague would erupt, many people would die. I don't think that is the best solution.

So, it is going to be interesting watching the next few years. Many people will die needlessly. Many people will live.
Perhaps this is some sort of natural selection in action.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Ah, yes, the Family Truckster.

And no more fat chicks this time.
I had to put new shocks on it too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join