It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani girls killed by family after appearing in video with man, police say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Because western society believes in freedom of religion. We cannot start banning religions from entering or existing as that is against a foundation of freedom.

WOW i NEED TO START A RELIGION OF "NO PAYING TAXES" FREEDOM FROM THE MAN !! I would get about as far as the next tax cycle before me and my followers were put behind bars.

As disgusting as genital mutilation, child brides, honor killings etc etc I would think my religion should be overlooked... but it won't be as there are not a couple of billion of me and I do not have the millions of dollars to build their perverse pulpits for preaching.. I used to be open to Islam as I did not know much about it until I did a year in Saudi Arabia. How anyone can excuse Islam's methods of control disguised as a religion is beyond me. I do not excuse their ways...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Because western society believes in freedom of religion. We cannot start banning religions from entering or existing as that is against a foundation of freedom.

So is the right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness. Murder is not a right of religious practice. Beliefs are not the issue here. Actions are.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

The bible also asks for women to be submissive to their husbands. It's because abrahamic religions come from a time when the majority of society saw women as lesser.

Islam is definitely the biggest culprit of women opression today, but both judiasm and christianity support oppression of women in verses too.

Im sure education and society also play a large part. Id bet their are very few honor killings with muslims who aren't first generation immigrants to western society.

Neither the Old or New Testament of the Bible support's oppression of women.

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 

The Quran? Well, you can only find ONE woman mentioned in it...Mary. Other than that it's pretty much silent about women, other than mentioning you should beat them.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Well yea, of course. But that's a problem with islamic-run societies. What can you do?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Read these:
www.openbible.info...

The bible asks for women to be completely submissive to their husbands and other men. Women should not have any authority over man, be quite in church, and also quiet when listening to men.

Basically, the bible treats women as subservient subjects of men.

More proof that the bible was only written by men who were products of their time. If the bible taught freedom and equality, that would be suprising and original. Instead, it teaches typical patriarchal ideals of the time.

edit on 18-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Read these:
www.openbible.info...

The bible asks for women to be completely submissive to their husbands and other men. Women should not have any authority over man, be quite in church, and also quiet when listening to men.

Basically, the bible treats women as subservient subjects of men.

More proof that the bible was only written by men who were products of their time. If the bible taught freedom and equality, that would be suprising and original. Instead, it teaches typical patriarchal ideals of the time.

Let's be honest. A woman doesn't have any authority over a man...unless we let them.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Seems like an Achilles heel to me. When a part of my life no longer serves me, I remove it. Civilizations that cannot do the same because they fetishize the words of fallible men who lived hundreds of years ago...

Haha... I just realized that fetishizing the words of long dead men (and pretending that it's god inspired because it says it is) is the foundation of religious cults as well.

I guess we're fooked.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: new_here

Well yea, of course. But that's a problem with islamic-run societies. What can you do?

Well, you know, don't excuse them on the grounds of religious freedom for starters (which is how I interpreted your post.)

Other than that, trade embargo until they get their # together, powerful leaders openly condemning the barbaric practices, no tolerance attitude on the world stage...

The 'right to life' people, for example, would do well to turn their focus to the huge swaths of living, breathing conscious souls already populating the earth who are clearly being denied a right to life. They are tortured and abused and they are murdered, for the crime of being born in a particular region as a female.

Sorry for the rant. In all likelihood, your post didn't imply what I thought it did. I guess as a woman, who by chance was born in a time & place where I have felt valued and loved, my soul cries out for the unlucky ones.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

And feminists in America think they have it bad...

Unreal.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Right. Because Christians are oppressive to their wives. Lol

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You should never judge a man's action by the standards of today. I've never seen a church going man demand obedience from his wife or any other woman.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The Bible says wives should submit to their husbands, just as husbands should submit to Christ. It also say's to love your wife, just as Christ loved the Church.

Everything in context.

The whole message is one of Love.

If it wasn't for the Bible, we wouldn't have Women's Rights...

ETA: I don't want to derail the thread with this. If someone will argue the Quran vs Bible concerning women, just proves they have studied neither of them.
edit on 5/18/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I'm not a Muslim, but from what I know, this kind of behavior is more likely a pre-Islamic mind set, ex Senegal is a nation of 96 % Muslims, but non of this crap and they have been Muslims for centuries, yet they could stomach Christian presidents, they built one of the largest churches in West Africa.
It's the attitude of a particular population and not necessarily the religion itself...some Ppl are just dicks no matter who or what they claimed to represent.
edit on 18-5-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The bible also asks for women to be submissive to their husbands. It's because abrahamic religions come from a time when the majority of society saw women as lesser.

Yes and that was 2000 plus years ago.......and religion has been dragged kicking

and screaming into the 21st century.

*Man* has been to the moon and transplanted organs from one human to another.

Women can now rightly vote, control their own fertility, be PM's, own/run

business's own property and take on their own credit, write books without the

need to use a male non de plume.

Life has moved on and women are equal and have contributed much to the

world......except in Islam!!
How can they justify that attitude in this

modern time? Time and life have moved on they are still living in the stone age.

Islam is definitely the biggest culprit of women opression today.

You said it!!!!

edit on 18-5-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My opinion:

it is virtue signalling to comb their egos and pat themselves on their back how morally superior they think they are.

Deep down these people are not true to themselves. Some shake it off when they become adult, some never reach that state.

The people that defend such religions...
edit on 18-5-2020 by Shibari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Someone brang up that the issue was the quran. So i said the bible also has oppressive verses. Perhaps it's not just the holy book at fault, but the society that still adheres to old ways.

And i disagree. Slavery, opression, and unnecessary violence was ALWAYS wrong. Just because many were ignorant back in gime, doesn't make it right. Nor does it justify holy books having oppressive verses.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

O please, did you read the qoutes??? The bible is very clear that women should be quiet and submissive around men.

That's no love.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Maybe we need new religions. Instead of holding on to these old ones from the old world.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Jesus. I wonder what Krewella's family thinks.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

We weren't there for those days to understand why people did what they did. We saw something we didn't like and we fixed it. My ancestors were enslaved and oppressed, too, that's just how it was back then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join