It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just found out I might have had COVID-19 twice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Unique!...that means you are one of the first to have had Covid-38.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Pretty sure it's been in the states since mid- late December.Arounf Christmas I had a cough,extreme body aches,really weak,and red eyes.A lot of people I work with and all my family got it too.At work a lot of people are in and out of every Asian country so it would make sense if it started there in November they would have been exposed before anyone knew..The doc checked me for flu,was negative so gave antibiotics which did nothing,took several weeks to feel ok.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I went to the hospital and after several test they thought I had pneumonia and treated me with a couple of big I.V.s one of which was Vitamin C which I had requested. I spent 5 days in and out of the hospital getting and I.V. everyday

Seriously!? Glad to hear they used it.

Do you know what the dosage was (how much C)?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
One of the Australia guys I play golf with (Bob) got sick in October 2019 as did I. I waited (it is a guy thing) until I had a little over 103 F temperature and was having problems feeling like I was getting any oxygen to my blood. Since I play golf everyday it was noticeable that my strength was waning .

I went to the hospital and after several test they thought I had pneumonia and treated me with a couple of big I.V.s one of which was Vitamin C which I had requested. I spent 5 days in and out of the hospital getting and I.V. everyday and was OK and back playing golf within the week (I may be old but most people think I am in my late 50s or early 60s as I do not have a beer gut and do exercise, "golf" almost everyday ). I just figured since I am in my 70s that I was unlucky to catch the bug but lucky I recovered as fast as I did.. Now two months later Bob and I both had a relapse. Bob was in Australia when he got sick the second time. After many test they said he had COVID-19 !! He was treated and released after two miserable weeks in the hospital. He returned in country in December before the international flights were shut down.

During my relapse I did the I.V. thing as before (same doctor and hospital) however since I had not waited very long my recovery was much quicker as far as feeling well, so again I was back playing golf within 7 days. Here they were not keyed on to COVID-19 back in October as they were still allowing 1000s of international arrivals from all over the world but especially from CHINA.

I just finished 18 holes of golf at my local course and on number 18 Bob who had just arrived informed me he was back from Australia since December and filled me in on what his doctors had said. I would have never have thought I had COVID-19 but we both had the same symptoms and with the information Bob's Australian doctors provided it just may be I am a COVID survivor ?

Someone will be wondering what type of antibiotic was in the I.V.s ? I do not know other than it was some good stuff !

Bob was wearing a mask and doing social distancing today as he said since we have had one or two strains of COVID, there was still a chance we could get it all over again as the virus has mutated.. YUK !

Just a story, so believe it or not, but I found the whole thing rather interesting.

No one really mentioned it but could you elaborate more on your request and treatment with the Vitamin C? I know we have tons of threads on here about Liposomal Vit C but it is interesting that you got treated with Vit C and recovered.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

.......I did it two times and got a seventy and a sixty five. ....... why bother.

Because you'd be a millionaire, many times over.

the drinks at the bar were good.

The 19th is always the best.

On topic;
I'm convinced my Dad had it at the beginning of the year and I know a few old guys who were ill with similar symptoms during December and January.

I suspect it or some variant of it has been around a bit longer than they've known and/or let on.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think my entire office had it in February. I had a low grade fever, headache, fatigue and vomiting. My
Coworkers had upper respiratory symptoms, cough, wheezing, and dyspnea. This came about after one of my coworkers went to a national major airline meeting that month.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I know we have tons of threads on here about Liposomal Vit C but it is interesting that you got treated with Vit C and recovered.

What 80-90 percent of those with it "recover".

I personally think we all pretty much get it or have it or had it, it seems to stay like Lyme and is recurrent.
What it will do to us over time I guess we will see evn those with no sympoms.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Seriously you may have had it...

M'ok good for you I guess.

But you do know they can actually test you to see if you have had it or not...then you can come back and say I had it or didn't.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: one4all
A virus cannot mutate its dead.

Semantics. A virus changes if necessary in order to replicate. Call this process what you want, but it does seek to exist and make more of itself. Alterations based on its environment/host achieve that!

No it doesn't dead things don't change of their own accords.....the inert dead material inside a viral sized Antibody Capsule they may degrade and change chemically but they do not autonomously change in a live action.....unless we are discussing a Pleomorphic Bacteria in its viral sized form which is alive and actioning many processes and we are calling it Covid.

Viruses are dead contaminates surrounded by an Antibody shell/capsule and no they cannot and don't replicate.

Sorry you had to find out here in this harsh manner.

edit on 18-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Get tested for it if you can.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why didnt your doctors identify that you had an [ to them @ that time ] - unknown pathogen ???

Because they don't care and/or don't consider it relevant based on a similar experience of mine. "Meh. It's a virus. We'll treat the symptoms...and off you go. Take care."

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Get tested for it if you can.

For the good of our members who took the time to comment I probably should however here are my thoughts on getting tested. The test kits they would use probably come from China which may be infected themselves or are known for false Test results.

Getting tested would require a visit to a hospital which in my opinion is the disease capital of any pandemic or other undesirable bugs (not paranoid just play the odds and avoid most unnecessary risk)... Today every place you go to include the golf course you have to sign in and get your temperature checked before play. Use their ink pen and then sanitize your hands with the provided gel.

So I take a test and they say I had it or they say you are not showing antibodies for COVID.. Either way it would not change my premise that I had it or something like it. If I test positive there is a chance I might be sent to quarantine for 14 days to double check if I am a carrier or not; no joke as they are serious about protecting the population, as they should be.

There is a possibility in my mind that Bob and I both had a strain of a Flu but they told Bob he had COVID when he was in Australia so that is test enough for me. Leave a sleeping guard dog alone.

After a golf game people shake hands (used to) and many times we sit around a table (6 to 12 people different teams) drinking something of your choice (I usually have iced or hot coffee ) so there is plenty of opportunity for the highly infectious COVID to spread as money is exchanged and score cards are passed around.. No one is shaking hands these days and money is handled differently.. and.... there is allot of hand washing with the gel going on...hahahah Next thing there will probably be a super bacteria created that eats the gel before it eats you ! DcCowboy and I agree about that possibility.

I do not mean to offend any medical professional but as my Daddy used to say if you walk across a cow lot long enough you will start smelling like a cow.. Change "cow lot" to hospital and "smelling" to sick.

I will be speaking to Bob on or before nest Monday and will try and tie down exactly what was said and done by his doctor when he became sick in Australia.

Whatever we had was bad and it did take several weeks or a few months to regain your strength as I remember saying more than once I was around 70% back to normal strength and feeling like my lungs were working properly. I lost 10 to 20 yards with most clubs so I just played knowing it.

Now as of this writing I still have days when I know I had something due to feeling like my lungs are still not 100% at oxygenation of my blood...but that may be because I am so darn old.. Better than dead as I still enjoy my life and family but still.... I remember better days of health and lack of bone creak, sagging flesh, and finely chiseled muscular arms and legs that now look more like a wrinkled elephant trunk.

Bobs recovery was not as fast as mine (he is 5 years older).... I might add as he was not playing golf but staying home at his working farm. Yesterday was the first day I have seen him and he was just putting and chipping around the practice green.

When he saw my group of guys he made a bee line to inform me, "You know we both had COVID!" Then his whole medical history ensued.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well since your ok now It doesn't matter.

But please don't tell people that you know you had it for sure until a doctor tests you and confirms.
I know you didn't say you had it for sure, that you only think you did.

Covid seems to mimic a few other viruses.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
COVID-19 is like three different diseases, says New York doctor, from flu-like illness to severe reactions and rare children's syndrome

Almost 10 weeks into the pandemic, COVID-19 is continuing to surprise and baffle health experts.

In fact, experts' picture of exactly how COVID-19 might play out in the body is now quite different to what was thought as little as a few weeks ago, with some experts saying it could be better described as three different diseases.

We have known for a while that the mild to moderate form of the disease — a flu-like illness with fever, muscle aches and respiratory symptoms, or often no symptoms at all — is almost like "child's play" compared to the major damage to organs like the the lungs, heart, brain, and kidneys seen when COVID-19 becomes severe.

Umesh Gidwani, head of cardiac intensive care at New York's Mount Sinai Hospital, says that trying to treat the severe form of the disease is like facing a terrifying fire, burning out of control.

www.abc.net.au...

<< 1   >>

join