It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Leaf Clovers and Covid-19

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there, thought of General Chit Chat, but figured it would get moved here anyway.

Today I ended a 9 day stint at Walmart....lost the radio gig in January, and all venues closed in March in NYS. I decided to walk to Wegman’s...best grocery store in the world, and walked home by “The Dam”.

Our town is 40-50,000 people. The dam is on an outlet to one of the Fingerlakes in upstate NY. It is in the center of the town, and is a quiet respite from the traffic. It is also where the town drunks and stoners hangout during the day and the addicts and thugs hang out at night.

I find 4-Leaf Clovers all the time...over 500 a year. I give them to the people who hang out down there as I find them.

Today I found 5. The first one is going to a girl at work who is starting her EMT training within the month. The other 4 went to a group of drunks standing nearby. They said thank you, you should go see Chuck on the other side of the dam, he found 11 today and 12 yesterday, rub it in that he missed 5.

So I walk across the dam and find Chuck, another drunk. He confirms their story.

That is when I ask him “ I find 4 leaf clovers by not looking for them, I look at 3 leaf clovers and look for the anomaly. How about you?”. He laughed and said that that is how he does it also, but nobody understands what he means when he says it. He then asks for a clover-off....he who finds it first wins.

It took 10 minutes,and I found the first one.he says congratulations. I look him in the eye and say thank you. I then hold out the clover and say this is for you. He looks at me and says “ I am 54, I have been giving them to other people when i find them, that is where my luck comes In, by giving them to others. And I 100% agree with him

I turned and started to walk home, and he yelled and asked if I wanted to smoke a bowl.

I said no thanks, and kept on walking, no disrespect to him for living how he wants to live,but I do not trust his health to smoke with him. I kept walking, and thinking.

And that is when it hit me.

If this virus were as bad as the media claims, the death toll would be way higher. Think about it....

All the stoners are hanging out and still smoking together. Each of them have friends they smoke with who do not know each other.

If this virus was that bad, it would have wiped out half of us.

Just think of the unsafe things you have done...and you are not dead yet.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Read that again people.

Instead, we have less than 316,000 reported (inflated) deaths — WORLDWIDE.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Read that again people.

Instead, we have less than 316,000 reported (inflated) deaths — WORLDWIDE.

www.worldometers.info...

Thanks for making my point less wordy.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Pretty sure it's all the "unsafe things" I do that keep me alive, well, at least living anyway. Just like before this "pandemic" I wash my hands the only time I ever did, when I cop a squat or when they're filthy at work and I have to pick up something that needs to stay clean. That aside it's been a long time since I've found a four leafer, also a long time since I've taken the time to look down.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This virus is easily transmitted, but for most people it is no more than symptoms of a common cold with a slight fever, a fever of less than 99.5 degrees, most people do not even know they had a fever like that. So, it took you four leaf clovers to figure this out. You handled those four leaf clovers and gave them all out to people, they are not going to die from being given that plant. There is a small group that are susceptable to this disease, the old and those with a compromised immune system. There could be some people that do not even know their immune system isn't working right to fight this virus out there.

Yes, we needed the time to get prepared for this virus, but that time has already come weeks ago, we should start getting back to work. We need to try to keep social distancing but should also make sure not to irresponsibly threaten the health of those who are very old or immune compromised. But remember, by not leaving those old people see their kids and grandkids and spouses and friends, you are putting them in a prison when they did nothing wrong other than get old. The medical people need to understand this.....locking them up with no contact with their friends and family is going to kill them or make them miserable the rest of their short remaining time they have. As it is, for many of those stuck in a nursing home all doped up, death could be a blessing. I do not want to be stuck in a nursing home and not know my kids, I have seen so many of my older friends get dementias or stuck in nursing homes in the last ten years. I know many of them never wanted to live like that.

Sorry for being a realist, being socially appropriate and lying about this so as not to offend the young is tiring, I have discussed this very thing with friends both my age and older a lot over the years, when you see your parents suffer, you tend to just want to bow out naturally instead of being kept alive in a nursing home for years.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Oh goodness, the horror!

Just think, it could be so much worse.
People could be sharing swigs of high alcohol content liquors.
We all know how things like viruses and bacteria tend to thrive in an astringent/sanitizing agent.
Next thing you know, people will be catching WuFlu from fire. Just wait...

Sorry. I was maybe indulging a bit myself earlier.
🔥😁🌫

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Welcome to the other side

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

post=25176664]theatreboy

I bet you notice things like that a lot too, I've been noticing 666 a lot recently... Ever notice anything else?

I'm not sure about pot but I've heard tobacco seems to have an effect on this virus. I haven't heard much about smoking related issues either. It might be a healthy time to pick up the habit?

Just think of the unsafe things you have done...and you are not dead yet.

Anxiety is natural, it's supposedly a survival feature. Think of all those times you've been in danger and you didn't even know it? I guess it all comes down to perception really doesn't it?

I'm not sure I even believe in luck, I do usually give clovers away when I find them though and yeah I'd say you tend to find them when you're not looking for them. Whether you're "not looking" for them or you just get that sense one is kicking about.

Just more coincidence in the numbers game of life... Or not.

new topics

top topics

join