It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sangreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
after reading the da vinci code, i did a little research on the supposed "Holy lineage" and i came across this website. Apparently the decendants of jesus and mary magdalene became kings and princes. apparently Jesus had some pretty powerful children.

www.angelfire.com...

I'm not sure what to think of this. what do you guys think?

p.s. i am christain.

pao

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
hi christain, Im pao...

man sometimes, i dunno, i just dont trust people's theories if they cant afford 8 bucks for a toplevel domain. any ole joe dirt can conjure up any stories about jesus coming back to earth in a pink UFO with rainbow overalls and publish it on the web...

but i liked the da vinci code, good book.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As a religious studies student I can tell you with certainty that the story is 100% complete BS, period.

The idea that Jesus had a child with Mary is unproven and unprovable, even using non-cantonized gnostic gosples. The myth comes from the south of France and was used as a method of drumming up national pride among the French people during darker times.

The Priory of Scion was actually a group of nazi-sympathizers who had no connection at all to the real Priory of Scion who were absorbed by the Jesuits. This has been known for many many years in France but sadly many of the works proving it have yet to be translated into English.

National Geographic did a great peice on the whole Da Vinci Code issue a few weeks ago on their channel. Basically the author is a nut who will not admit that his work is pure fiction even with the overwhelming evidence against it.

Just amazing that people still fall for this

~Astral

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh, its on an "FREE" anglefire site. It must be true then

Also interesting since it bases it sources on Gardner, Laurence (1996) Bloodline of the Holy Grail

The thesis of Gardner is laughable as it relies for the most part upon invention, misquote, and speculation. It fails to adhere to the rules of proper research, is totally subjective in its constructs, non-scientific in the academic sense, and relies upon myth and legend in a clumsy attempt to convince the reader of its claims. Similar to "the davinci code"

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Still in all, there was something going on at Rennes le Chateau in the late nineteenth century beginning with the arrival of Berenger Sauniere and his discovery of the parchments under the gothic pillars supporting the altar. One of the parchments was said to be a genealogy tracing back to Mary Magdalene. Sauniere took what he found to the church leaders, and all of a sudden he was rolling in major cash. The rumor was he was paid to keep what the found quiet or what he found was a major stash of Templar gold. On his deathbed, he was denied absolution because of what he revealed to the priest giving him last rites.

Check out this link for the details.

www.rennes-discovery.com...

I am a christian too, but find this story, and the link it has to sacred geometry, totally fascinating. As to the truth of it all, I can't say one way or the other right now. Either way, my belief in the Divinity of Jesus is unshakeable.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
and the bible is of course the ineffable,infallable word of god.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Oh, its on an "FREE" anglefire site. It must be true then

i have to remind all of you that free web hosting sites do not count for hard evidence, they can be made in 5 mins.

Look for abit more professionalism

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City

The Priory of Scion was actually a group of nazi-sympathizers who had no connection at all to the real Priory of Scion who were absorbed by the Jesuits. This has been known for many many years in France but sadly many of the works proving it have yet to be translated into English.

~Astral

Do you have any links to this info- sounds interesting- i watched a programe on the da vinci code ( also read the book) and yeah dan brown wouldnt be interviewed which is wierd- but i believe it was written as another theory ( like the bible i believe it is just a theory- i dont take it seriously)- but on this programe it claimed that there was no Priory of Sion, that it was made up.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

yeah dan brown wouldnt be interviewed which is wierd

but what i find more interesting is that he has done at least 3 other documentaries on the subject. one being Cracking the DaVinci code.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

yeah dan brown wouldnt be interviewed which is wierd

but what i find more interesting is that he has done at least 3 other documentaries on the subject. one being Cracking the DaVinci code.

Well he certainly didnt want to take part in this documentary- it was on channel four ( british tv)-this was about cracking the davinci code-but it wasnt really in his favour.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Robert Richardson wrote a great peice called "The Priory Of Sion Hoax" for Gnosis Magazine back in 1999, that's one of the best sources I can give you that's actually in English.

Also Dan Brown was interviewed in the NGS Explorer report and when Lisa Ling confronted him on the inconsistanceies and outright faulty research he had done he stuck to his guns hard. I believe that he has actually started to believe his own work is true, which is dangerous for any author of fiction to do. Meanwhile the French are having quite a field day with all of these American tourists coming over in search of "the holy grail." Many of my friends in Paris and the Cote d'Azure find it quite entertaining that people over here believe everything they read so readily.

As for what's going on in Rennes le Chateau, well there's lots the Catholic Church would like to keep under the pope's hat. It's more likely that what was found there was either records from the inquisitions, showing that the church did some looting at the order of a high-ranking offical or, less likely it's a pre-400s copy of the New Testament, that could be used to prove that the church made quite a few changes to the writings of the apostles in order to push their agenda. Another theory is that Sauniere stumbled upon the papers from the king of France asking the pope to deem the Kinghts Templar heretics. Anyway you look at it the likelyhood that he found a Templar stash is not known, the Templars did do quite a bit of safeguarding of riches for warriors durring the crusades but most of that bounty was taken by the French.

~Astral

[edit on 3/15/2005 by The Astral City]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wasn't this stuff covered in the Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh & Henry Lincoln books, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", and "The Messianic Legacy"? Freemasons, the Prior of Zion, and Mary Magdalene as the wife of Christ, with an actual hereditary heir?

it seems to be higher order free mason stuff, in which they claim to be the successors of the Templars.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Quite right about the other books there Agent Orange, in fact the author of the Da Vinci Code is currently being sued by the author of Holy Blood Holy Grail. As for the masons though, I haven't met any yet that claim to be Knights Templar.

The original Templar were a Catholic organization that built quite a name for themselves during the crusades before the pope was blackmailed by the king of France into labeling them heritics and having them all killed. They did not defend any secret bloodline and were not involved in anything regarding the holy grail. They were quite rich, but this was as a result of their prowess in business and their station as the Pope's special forces during the crusades.

~Astral

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, they made quite a bit of money out of their vow of poverty. They got too big too fast and scared alot of people.

The law suit was interesting news though. I'd read the origional books a while ago. A good read. Then the Da Vinci code came out. I haven't got around to reading it, but from what I'd haerd everyone saying, it sounded very familiar.

The Templars, as I recall, faced accusations of herasey. The claim was that they picked up soem strange practises over in the Holy Lands. For instance, it was said that they worshipped a magical head called "Baphomet', which prophisized for them. Also that their initiation ceremonies required them to spit on the cross. It was claimed that tehy denied the divintiy of Jesus.

They wer the origional "Grail Knights" of popular legend, and the idea is that SAngraal can be San Graal 'holy blood', or Sang Raal 'Royal Blood'.
[edit on 15-3-2005 by Agent Orange]

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Agent Orange]

new topics

top topics

join