It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Ms. Whitmer reopen Michigan...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be measured by the kind of business license the entity has?

I wouldn't think the government is making individual choices but by category and classification.

This is great for right-leaning optics though.

"Poor barber put out of business, gay sex club booming."

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: JIMC5499

No, we cannot get haircuts.
There is no where anywhere near where we live.

My barber has been cutting in shop by appointment and covered up his front windows so no one can report his shop is open!
Would hook you up if near Kalamazoo soon

edit on CDTWedpm3161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I wouldn't think the government is making individual choices but by category and classification.

You weren't in PA when this started, were you? Our Governor was doing exactly that until he got called on it.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

You weren't in PA when this started, were you? Our Governor was doing exactly that until he got called on it.

I'm not in PA I'm in GA.

Your governor was telling individual businesses (not categorized by industry or license classifaction) whether they could open or close? How?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
There was an actual list. There were some in categorys, but, there were others listed by name. The Cabinet Company that the Governor used to own was on the essential list until he got called out for it. There was supposed to be a process to get on the list, but, there was no set way to determine who got on it.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

There was an actual list. There were some in categorys, but, there were others listed by name. The Cabinet Company that the Governor used to own was on the essential list until he got called out for it. There was supposed to be a process to get on the list, but, there was no set way to determine who got on it.

Ahhh. Good old fashioned graft and corruption.

I noticed that they were opening up based on geography ... which made no sense to me either way as ... well ... people have cars.

Hope you and yours stay safe.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that I had the damn thing the end of Feb. Immediate family is fine. I lost a couple of elderly friends. That's one of the reasons I get so pissed off at the "you want to kill Grandma" crowd. I'm an officer at a small social club. We have several elderly members. Before this happened it was pretty easy for us to keep tabs on them, make sure that they were all right and usually get a meal in them. Now we rotate checking on them. Every Sunday we're in the club kitchen making meals that we drop off and sure enough somebody calls the police to turn us in for being in the club. We do their shopping and make sure that they are OK.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that I had the damn thing the end of Feb. Immediate family is fine. I lost a couple of elderly friends. That's one of the reasons I get so pissed off at the "you want to kill Grandma" crowd. I'm an officer at a small social club. We have several elderly members. Before this happened it was pretty easy for us to keep tabs on them, make sure that they were all right and usually get a meal in them. Now we rotate checking on them. Every Sunday we're in the club kitchen making meals that we drop off and sure enough somebody calls the police to turn us in for being in the club. We do their shopping and make sure that they are OK.

I am really glad that there are still folks like you that walk the walk. I hope the people you work with continue to be safe!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The Michigan governor was and is still deciding what is and is not essential.
Jobs.
Businesses.
Procedures.
Activities.
Lifestyles.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Want a good laugh? "Because of the change to a different reporting system by the state Department of Health, the statistics for the death toll from the coronavirus for counties have changed"

The number of deaths in our County has doubled. The full story is behind a paywall.

www.butlereagle.com...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Check your PMs.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

"Michiganders still cannot move freely."

Not sure what area you are talking about but I hff have had no problems. Actually it has been nice less traffic and the police are not pulling anyone over. Also we don't play the waute to be told that we are free to do as we please game. This is America we do what free men do.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Evilbunnie

Can you eat in a restaurant?
Get our haircut or colored?
Attend educational classes?
Go to a bar?
Have yoga class?
Attend a concert?
Go to a weeding reception?
Have a fitting for wedding gown?
Attend a graduation ceremony?
Attend the symphony?
Go to a sporting event, like hockey?
Go to your dentist for a cleaning?
Grocery shop at Walmarts without a mask?
Hug your best friend, a cashier in a store?
Go to the gym?
Go bowling?
Go to a hotel?
Got to a movie theatre?

So, tell me, how are you free?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OMG ...

Social distancing was originally a third place science fair project ...

A 15-year-old New Mexico high school student came up with the original idea of socially separating during a pandemic in 2005. She theorized along the lines of “Hey if we all skip school we won’t get each other sick!” She got third place in an Intel science fair for this.

Her dad happened to be a lab rat at a major government lab and voila, within a few short years of him proving out her thesis with supercomputer modeling, we’re now in a pandemic-induced depression.

Dear lord ...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Evilbunnie

Can you eat in a restaurant?
Get our haircut or colored?
Attend educational classes?
Go to a bar?
Have yoga class?
Attend a concert?
Go to a weeding reception?
Have a fitting for wedding gown?
Attend a graduation ceremony?
Attend the symphony?
Go to a sporting event, like hockey?
Go to your dentist for a cleaning?
Grocery shop at Walmarts without a mask?
Hug your best friend, a cashier in a store?
Go to the gym?
Go bowling?
Go to a hotel?
Got to a movie theatre?

So, tell me, how are you free?

Exactly. Well said. This totalitarian overreach is frustrating on so many levels. What I find truly unfortunate are the high school senior proms and graduations that have and will be missed. Those were legitimate symbolic final rites of passage from child hood into early adult hood. The physical event signifying the transition into a new chapter of their lives.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Case74282

And all the 16 year olds that cannot take driver training and road tests.
All the 21 year olds who will miss that first legal drink in a bar or restaurant on their birthdays.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join