It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Ms. Whitmer reopen Michigan...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Did I read that wrong or did you say they put out porta potties because they couldn't keep the regular facilities clean enough?

WTF do they think a porta potty is?!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am so glad that I was fortunate enough to be born in the state of Georgia where wisdom and common sense prevails.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Are you sure you can properly social distance that?

Yes and I'm also thinking of starting a Twister league.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not sure if it is a clean issue per se or if the state workers aren't working, or if the state workers cannot sanitize them to wuhuflu standards, or if state public bathrooms are considered not essential services by Gretch.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Porta potties

I wouldn't use public potties before chicom 19.

Still won't now.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

WTF do they think a porta potty is?!

Something you can't pay enough to clean.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Took the bike out to raccoon creek beach earlier. Forgive the shoddy low quality 7year old IPod
Raccoon state park.

Sign says.
"Beach closed due to Covid19 per order of governor of Pennsylvania "Wolf".

Off I go making more offensive gifs and memes...

Just in case anyone cared, the bathroom was open and smelled far worse than ever. Butt it was open for business.

FYI: you don't need to go to school and study the olfactory nerve to know how bad crap smells.

edit on 17-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

DTOM Ive seen people driving around in their personal vehicles wearing masks, apparently we are back to the 1500's with the idea of "Misasma" or poison air

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

So have we!!!
And some are wearing gloves as well!

Lone joggers.....masked!
One also had a visor😧

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

DTOM Ive seen people driving around in their personal vehicles wearing masks, apparently we are back to the 1500's with the idea of "Misasma" or poison air

Not safe.

Rebreathing co2.

Already caused 2 accidents due to hypoxia.

This redirect is getting old today.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Husband wears gloves when he's at the supermarket or Target and is inside shopping. It reminds him not to touch his face.

He doesn't wear them when driving.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yea Michigan State Parks have porta jons and signs everywhere in Spanish???? Go figure. Friend keeps getting calls on his campground because he's open. He said he never shut down a bit later a car will pull in and start taking pictures and trying to get around the gate that you have to have a pass for. Cops get calls every day but gave up asking him questions. Never ordered to shutdown.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Removed by me
edit on 17-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Fools
Is there any work to impeach her? It seems she is ignoring reality.

There might be, I think I remember seeing something about a recall.
I was actually hoping that Biden would pick her for his VP, we would be rid of her then if he did.

No, Michigan law allows her to come back if she were to lose in that case.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

They have porta potties at 7 lakes in holly mi . The playgrounds are closed and the regular bathrooms are also closed . You can hike or ride bikes and fish and kayak .

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just read this elsewhere:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Authorities are not seeing spikes in coronavirus cases in places that are reopening but are seeing increases in some areas that remain closed, U.S. health secretary Alex Azar said on Sunday.

"We are seeing that in places that are opening, we're not seeing this spike in cases," Azar said on CNN's "State of the Union" program. "We still see spikes in some areas that are in fact close to very localized situations."

It was a note off a Yahoo page, I can't find it now to get the link. But if true, it should be a game-changer in the courts.

LINK
edit on 5/18/2020 by Blaine91555 because: inserted link for quote

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I just read this elsewhere:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Authorities are not seeing spikes in coronavirus cases in places that are reopening but are seeing increases in some areas that remain closed, U.S. health secretary Alex Azar said on Sunday.

"We are seeing that in places that are opening, we're not seeing this spike in cases," Azar said on CNN's "State of the Union" program. "We still see spikes in some areas that are in fact close to very localized situations."

It was a note off a Yahoo page, I can't find it now to get the link. But if true, it should be a game-changer in the courts.

linky here
www.newsmax.com...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

If the virus were serious enough, most people would be following the recommendations voluntarily. It would be easy to see and understand the need.

I think for it to be serious enough for most people to follow the recommendations voluntarily, people would have to falling over in public with something like hemorrhagic fever symptoms. "OMG, there's blood coming out of every orifice!" Short of that, no. I think people as a group are pretty clueless and careless when it comes to health and communicability.

I'm not making an argument for the restrictions. I'm just saying I don't share your confidence in people as a whole.

I'm glad to hear your son is back in practice.

edit on 18-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I guess William Barr is all talk and no action. He made threats to states that were "too restrictive", yet he has said little if anything to governors Whitmer and Prickster, among others.

And yet, if he did do anything, some would be calling him Hitler, fascists, dictator, etc.

He doesn't have the lawful authority to just order Governors around.

He can engage in legal action arguing Constitutional violations, but short of declaring the Governors in Rebellion and bringing in the National Guard to 'open things up', what - exactly - do you expect him to do?

No, this is on us... the people... if just 5% would stand up like that 77 yr old Barber did, this would all go away rather quickly.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Just because you cannot swim, doesn't mean folks don't need to use the facilities.
In fact, the more rustic ones have orange fencing around them. Others are flat out locked.

Yeah, that makes zero sense... I've been sorely tempted to relieve myself right on the signs saying they are closed (if accessible) - but my Momma taught me better than that.

Yesterday we were at the 'closed' playground (the only one I've been able to find that isn't fenced in and locked, though it does have a little 'closed' sign at the entrance that I happily ignore) and my 2 1/2 yr old had to pee (she hasn't worn diapers in a year or more), so I took her behind the little building where the bathrooms are and held her while she peed, and while she was peeing she informed me she was also pooping (I didn't have any wipes)... ugh, had to walk back to the car after and get some wipes to wipe her and then take care of her 'deposit' - but was again tempted to leave it as a gift in front of the 'closed' sign.

Thankfully, the vast majority of people I have been talking to are just done with it, out enjoying themselves, no masks, shaking hands, etc... though there is the occasional loon out jogging with a freakin N95 mask on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join