It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Ms. Whitmer reopen Michigan...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: seeker1963

They canceled our Memorial Day parade because the State denied a permit. Something tells me we'll never see another one.

Cancelled the 4th of July too.

They are pushing it till fall, when they know the flu will kick back up again. Do you know anyone willing to put up with this that long? lol

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
When will Ms. Whitmer reopen Michigan..

When her constituents are standing in soup lines, and craping in the streets.
edit on 17-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is there any work to impeach her? It seems she is ignoring reality.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

There might be, I think I remember seeing something about a recall.
I was actually hoping that Biden would pick her for his VP, we would be rid of her then if he did.

edit on 17-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not debating the virus. I'm just saying that there would be no need for the state to enforce orders to keep people in if this thing were generating massive piles of bodies and everyone who got it got viciously sick with it even if they didn't get critically ill with it. They'd be too ill to leave their beds for a period of time.

The idea that the state has to make it illegal to go outside and illegal to do various things argues that whatever the crisis is, it's not what they're making it out to be.

So the massive overreach is here.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: JIMC5499

They canceled our Memorial Day parade because the State denied a permit. Something tells me we'll never see another one.

Cancelled the 4th of July too.

They are pushing it till fall, when they know the flu will kick back up again. Do you know anyone willing to put up with this that long? lol

Parents need their kids out of the house playing to burn off energy. Those pools get ton of chlorine/bromine to kill any virus. Keeping pools closed in a hot humid environment is stupid.

Nobody I know wants to wait anymore. The bells and whistles are starting to set in as many here myself included, received multiple Mail In Ballots. I'm one person and I got 7 ballots. My neighbor sets up the poll machines for voting, told me that they have gotten word they may not be able to set up this year. It's the 1st time in 40 years he's heard this from the state. If the do have voting by machine, they'll have to consolidate with another district thus creating even bigger crowds. We usually have an entire school cafeteria, you could easily space the 12 machines 6 feet apart and more. The funny thing is, he's a Democrat. He feels this has nothing to do with a virus and has everything to do with screwing with the elections.

Here:

Allegheny County consolidates polling places for June 2 primary

www.wpxi.com...

Don't forget that Wolf and Whitmer want that covid money.
I'll see if i can dig up that article where Pennsylvania Michigan and i believe New Jersey were forming a pact among governors.

edit on 17-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Fools

There might be, I think I remember seeing something about a recall.
I was actually hoping that Biden would pick her for his VP, we would be rid of her then if he did.

Last I saw she was no longer on Biden's short list and YES a recall petition is in the works.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yea, that was what was on my mind when I saw the pool closures. Most might not know it because the media isn't mentioning it much is that the crime rates are rising, and trying to keep the youth bottled up all summer is going to be disastrous.

I will applaud any politician D or R for saying enough is enough.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey now, this is our QUEEN we're talking about here! This is simple; she is right and you are wrong. She is smart and you are stoopid. She is big, and you are small. Why? Why?! Because she said so, of course.

And her perfectly done nails and hair... that's essential work! Don't want to have her confused with the common rabble, now do we?

Any more slandering of our Majesty the Queen and I'm telling! Such mental unwellness is a symptom of COVID-19, surely. The army of tracers are on the way.

"Feel the overwhelming power of righteousness, you pack of churlish knaves! Glory to the Queen! Long live the Queen!" Come on now, say it with me (or else!)
edit on 17-5-2020 by WorldUnderCeej because: I'm not being sarcastic. No way...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm more than a little disappointed by that.

Son chose to go back to a summer program that took the kids to the nearby pool for most of the afternoon, 3 days out of the week. He loved it! And he got so, so brown last summer. I don't know what we're going to do with him this summer.

I'm guessing that they're going to run the camp that his martial arts school runs every August for a weekend, but I don't know about the other program. It's weekly, but I don't know if the pools will open and that was one of this favorite parts.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

So the massive overreach is here.

Yep, that's the point.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
When will Ms. Whitmer reopen Michigan..

When her constituents are standing in soup lines, and craping in the streets.

When it's clear that Washington is not going to send her billions of taxpayer dollars, she'll suddenly do what Illinois governor did this week. The Prickster went from "maybe late summer", to "maybe before the end May". Now, the corrupt governors are panicking.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know about that. The others seem to be making political plays for bailout money to try to solve their budget problems that have built up over decades.

Whitmer really seems to just be petty and vindictive.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here we go.

Wolf and Whitmer.

www.mlive.com... ml

LANSING, MI -- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Thursday sent a letter to President Donald Trump asking him to direct financial resources to Michigan and a pair of other states who say they’re facing financial crises during the COVID-19 pandemic. The letter was composed by Whitmer and governors Tony Evers of Wisconsin and Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania.

“Without this leadership, the damage to our state economies will be exacerbated by the cuts we know we will be forced to make,” the governors said in the letter. “We ask you to heed this weekend’s call from the leadership of the National Governors Association, Chair Maryland Governor Larry Hogan and Vice Chair New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, and support $500 billion in state stabilization funds that will allow for the replacement of lost revenues and with the maximum flexibility possible so the funding can be used beyond those costs directly tied to COVID-19 related expenses.”

Edit: having issues with the link but it exists.

What's up with ATS edits??
Glitchy.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

support $500 billion in state stabilization funds that will allow for the replacement of lost revenues and with the maximum flexibility possible so the funding can be used beyond those costs directly tied to COVID-19 related expenses.”

There's the money quote.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I just hope voters remember all this BS when Whitmer's term is up and it's time for Karma's iron hammer to strike down from the heaven's to smite her into oblivion!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Frau Whitler will not open Michigan one second before national mail in ballot voting has been approved.

The whole scamdemic is election interference plain and simple.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Took the bike out to raccoon creek beach earlier. Forgive the shoddy low quality 7year old IPod
Raccoon state park.

Sign says.
"Beach closed due to Covid19 per order of governor of Pennsylvania "Wolf".

Off I go making more offensive gifs and memes...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

We asked. Porta potties because they can't assure cleanliness. No services, trails, hike, bike, fish, sitting beach all have been open so folks get out.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Ours don't even have portapotties any more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join