It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Ms. Whitmer reopen Michigan...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Are the restrooms open?

Can children use the swings and slides?
Can you play tennis?

If you answered "no" then the state is still locked down.

None of those things are open in my area.
So, parks are NOT completely open.

edit on Sun May 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Beaches and parks are and have been open

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

#1.No.#2 No. Yes to tennis and golf..basketball...yesterday. Sterling State Park, on the way back Lower Rouge Metro Park was packed w kids, no masks...no water park of course
edit on 17-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

Her emergency authority expired on April 30th. It was not renewed. Her orders and demands do not have the weight of law nor do they have to be followed. However like all petulant children and tyrants everywhere, she'll stamp her feet and try to punish the people she works for for as long and painfully as possible. She seems to add 2 weeks for each lawful gathering of citizens seeking redress.

She has already lost one case in court and will in all likelyhood lose more.

She is most definitely treating this like a punishment, sit in the corner, timeout event. There is very little logic to any of it, and I hope you all vote correctly next time. So once again here we have a life long politician with no other skills and a warped sense of reality, and I think she is more scared about her job than the state....

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Traditionally...our Michigan beaches don't open for swimming water fun until Memorial Day anyway
edit on 17-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you sure you can properly social distance that?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Meanwhile, they're going to allow the youth baseball leagues to get started here in June.

They've got social distancing rules like no parents in the bleachers -- all lawn chairs along the sides of the diamonds with no more than 2/kid, etc., and enhanced cleaning/sanitizing for the kids, but they're a go and playing/practicing starting June 1.

edit on 17-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
And, Memorial Day is the last Monday of May!!!!!

At our local metro park, the restrooms are open year round.
At least most of them.

Just because you cannot swim, doesn't mean folks don't need to use the facilities.
In fact, the more rustic ones have orange fencing around them. Others are flat out locked.

I can understand the water fountains are shut off for the winter, but I'll bet you that they will not reopen either anytime soon, if ever. In Michigan.

edit on Sun May 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, it is a step in the right direction.
Better than the Illinuts ....errr...Illinois law that said only two people in a boat, regardless of size. Regardless how many kids you have.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You are not alone with that in MI DTOM.

Allegheny county/Pittsburgh has already said that the swimming pools will be closed all summer. I am waiting for Fuhrer Wolf to mandate all swimming pools, public beaches and amusements closed as well. *smh*

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm in a Southwest Mi tourist and summer home area probably 60% of the vehicles at the parks and beaches are out of state. The police were ticketing them but it didn't seem to slow them down. Summer rentals are still empty for the most part and seems every business has a lawyer going after somebody.
Town had an old law that said you have to have a special permit for curbside service and of course somebody dug it up to try to close everybody down so they started handing out orders via the back door because the law said street side. Now the laws gone and many are still using the backdoor because thats where the kitchens at so it was easier.

Total cluster pluck everywhere

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I am guessing that more things will open as no one falls over dead.

Kiddo has been back in practice now for about 3 weeks, and the groups are slowly filling out toward 10 with people starting to migrate back in from Zoom class as they gain confidence that no one's dying in the re-opening.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure this new protest, will earn us another month of lockdown, if she wins in court.Operation haircut

I hope it P's her off, and I hope she loses in court.

And I hope the real recall gets rolling soon. All it takes is a million physical signatures. We can do this Michigan!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I think everyone who gets a free haircut ought to give those barbers and stylists a big, whoppin' tip and make it very, very public.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The concept of "police power" as we have seen in the US these last months has proven to be the most dangerous threat to liberty I have seen in my lifetime.

It's usually abused with individuals rather than well all of us.

We need a Constitutional Amendment to limit these uses and abuses of power, IMO.

Also, there is no "good use" of such totalitarian means, and I am not debating whether the virus was dangerous, etc. etc.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If the virus were serious enough, most people would be following the recommendations voluntarily. It would be easy to see and understand the need.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

They canceled our Memorial Day parade because the State denied a permit. Something tells me we'll never see another one.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again, not going to debate the virus.

The virus is the superficial issue.

Abuse on this scale of the state's "police power" is the real and present continuing threat, IMO.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

They canceled our Memorial Day parade because the State denied a permit. Something tells me we'll never see another one.

Cancelled the 4th of July too.

Edit: barber shop and beauty salons are still closed even though they were supposed to be allowed to open....

I said screw it and went to my barbers house yesterday... TA DAAAA!

edit on 17-5-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I pray for good weather every day, and I am not a praying man. I just know that good weather will end their tyranny much quicker, and unlike the media portrays it, it won't be just Right wingers and White Nationalists that are the ones pissed off.

The Democrats are clueless if they truly believe they aren't shedding voters at an astronomical rate if they continue this charade. I will add any Republicans who happen to agree with the tyranny too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join