It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are sharks in the ocean. Don't go in there, they will eat you.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Exactly, in some places where sharks are known to be more common and more likely to have bad interactions with swimmers, they take extra precautions like shark spotters and sometimes shark nets around the beaches.

But that doesn't mean they do that with every beach worldwide, even on lakes in the middle of the country where no sharks have been since prehistoric times.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Stop it.

Los Al is my hometown. My high school had a surfing PE class that met at Seal Beach every weekday morning at 6 am. One time while waiting for my turn at the top on a boogie board (I was a slow learner) an eight foot shark brushed up against my leg and stayed there for a full ten seconds or so. I think I literally pissed myself. In fact I'm sure I did.

It didn't even make the papers because this was almost 40 years ago and the few media outlets that did exist at the time had better things to report on than a shark sighting where no one was hurt.

The response these days to a mere sighting is theater.

Your story brought back a memory of mine. It was 40+ years ago also and a group of friends and I were surfing K-38's in Mexico. It was getting late and everyone was catching their last ride in. Naturally I was the last one out and sure enough there was a lull and not a wave in sight. I sat there staring out to sea waiting as the sun went down when I heard a splash behind me. I looked over my shoulder and a 7-8 foot shark came cruising right by about 3 feet to my right, dorsal and tail fins both breaking the surface of the water. I slowly pulled my feet up onto my board as he went by then when he was about 20 yards away he starts a u-turn and disappears below the surface. Right then a set appeared and I paddled furiously to catch that first wave no matter what. I belly boarded it all the way in with my feet as far from the tail as I could get them. My friends were laughing, they hadn't seen the shark and thought I was just being a kook. I was 14 and up until then that was the scariest situation I had ever been in!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Also, I've seen evidence with my own eyes that a Sharks exist. I can't say the same for Covid. It's all been media, made up numbers, talking heads, Government controlled Doctors, corrupt organizations, vaccine's with computer chips in them (ID2020) and people who believe media and then try to suck me into their echo chamber, until I feel like puking. Outside of that, I've seen no reason why anyone should be scared. It's all just talk. I've also seen evidence of a NWO Police State trying to install itself in many countries all at once, as well as politicians colluding from country to country with the W.H.O. and Bill Gates, over this invisible enemy...expiring all of our rights within the course of a few months and using Covid as the medium in which to do it. I've seen evidence of that.
edit on 19-5-2020 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am reminded of a story I heard from a cop down at the beach. A woman was on the pier, and noticed a shark swimming close to the beach where vacationers were enjoying the surf. She called the cops to tell them that there were sharks in the ocean. The cop laughed and said, yes, ma'm, that's where they live, and it was followed by silence then a click.

So we know sharks live in the ocean. Hell, that's also where they eat. So how could we be so careless and reckless to venture into their home, taking our lives into our hands and risking certain death? Perhaps it has to do with Odds. What are the odds of being bitten by a shark? I think there is a better chance of winning the powerball. Knowing that, we still swim in the ocean, and somehow, still buy those damn lottery tickets.

Put all that in perspective with the current virus and it's closures. What are the odds we will get sick and die? Well, they differ depending on lots of factors. Much like you have a better chance of getting ate by a shark if you go into the ocean at night with a steak in your swim trunks. Don't be that guy. So we put all that in perspective and realize that maybe opening up the economy, starting to try like hell to get back to some sort of normal might be a much smarter idea than staying inside hiding from sharks.

As with the swimming at night thing, there are some who might be better off limiting their exposure to others. (idiots and old people, though idiots are only on that list due to them being idiots, no other reason) It's looking like we might have some kind of antidote sooner rather than later, but we can't hide out until we get one, just in case it doesn't work. We need to get back out in the world, and remember those amazing lessons we learned here. Wash your hands, and don't go in the ocean at night.

have a nice day.

Did 90,000 people die of a sharkbite this year?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Notice how Fear tends to become an illogical emotion? Sure it has it's uses for survival purposes, but too much fear can kill the soul.

An Analogy of the Blue Pill People

Sometimes you gotta be like the repoman. Face your fears head on.

Speaking of sharks...

edit on th2020000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 20 May 2020 04:35:47 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 20 May 2020 04:35:47 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Notice how Fear tends to become an illogical emotion? Sure it has it's uses for survival purposes, but too much fear can kill the soul.

An Analogy of the Blue Pill People

Sometimes you gotta be like the repoman. Face your fears head on.

Speaking of sharks...

I didn't realized how much larger a Great White is in comparison to humans since you don't usually see people bold enough to swim with one.
That's brave and all but one little test bite could mean game over.
You couldn't pay me any amount of money (well maybe some amount) to go in there.

Even well trained pet killer whales have killed their masters at some point. You just can't trust these wild fish like this.

As for Covid -19 since its arrival I have worked nearly 1/3 more hrs while my pal has been reduced to two days per week with full pay. As usual he always has it 10x better than I do.
I have not worn the 1st mask and do not intend to and have pretty much continued my life as if covid 19 don't even exist.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Completely understandable. If all people lived without fear, we probably would not be in lockdown mode right now. Good for you on choosing not to live in fear. Life is short enough as it is and spending our lives in fear is not living at all. If anything we become dead inside. And that is not how life should be.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

When working with animals like that, it's about being familiar with them to the point that you can read their body language.

Yes, you will always be taking that risk with large predators like the great white, but over time, you also learn to see patterns of behavior and realize when they are least likely to be interested in taking a chuck out of you. It's as much in some ways about your own confidence as it is about learning them. They read you as well. If you're afraid, even if you feel fairly certain they're not interested, they'll be more likely to be into thinking about it.

It's like handling a snake. You read their body language, handle them in a confident manner and without being nervous. That all translates back to them. The better you get at it, the less likely you are to get bit even with a snake that isn't very tame. It doesn't mean you won't ever get bit, just that you're less and less likely to get bit.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you remember the movie Jaws? That movie had alot of consequences with the fear it promoted to the public, people started hunting down sharks due to the panic it caused. It makes me wonder if some people at the higher ups were experimenting through psychology on the people itself. A fear based group of people is easy to manipulate.

There is not much difference between the fear they promoted on sharks than it is with the virus today. Same tactic just different issue. But if you follow this same pattern within the tactics they do, you will also find that the tactic has not changed at all over the years.

Do people die to shark attacks? yes they do, but the thing is that those attacks are extremely rare. However; MSM has a nasty habit of overexaggerating news stories.

I used to go to beaches to surf alot in the past. I was very aware of sharks in the water, but that did not stop me from having fun and enjoying life. All men die eventually; and the way i see it, if its my time to go then its my time to go. But i refuse to allow fear to rule my life. It's better to have lived through courage, than to not have lived at all through fear.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I've been thinking lately that this issue with people freaking out about the virus and global warming alarmism are actually related. I think the people least likely to go out and really spend time with nature are the ones most likely to be freaked out. The ones who spend most all of their time in their comfortable, climate controlled worlds who see themselves as something other than the natural world.

They're the ones convinced that we're wrecking the world and that animals are all dying out left and right everywhere. They're the ones likeliest to be sure that we're a scourge on the earth that needs decimating.

They also tend to be the ones who really believe that we can, indeed control the world like it has a thermostat.

So when something like this pops up that reminds them that we are actually still a part of the natural world and good old momma nature can still reach us with sharp smack we can't control, they freak out. Really FREAK OUT because they're reduced back the status of animal on the savannah again, and they aren't superior extra-natural beings anymore.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Aye well said. Rough times are ahead though. I just hope people wake up from the madness called fear before it's too late.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Had a conversation recently with someone who pointed out to me that fear generally comes from a perceived lack of control. I;m not afraid of the WuFlu because I have dealt with (and easily conquered) many virus infections in the past. I am not afraid of Global warming because I know I am a part of nature anyway. Neither threatens my control over my own life.

As a matter of fact, the only thing I can think of that threatens my control over my own life is other people panicking. I think that is the definition of irony. Anyway...

My point is that civilization, especially the kind of civilization we have today where everything is sterilized and inert, is but an illusion. Anything that happens can break that illusion, because it really isn't real. Those who rely on civilization rely on an illusion of security. Those who rely on their own abilities (and a greater power that has their best interests at heart) have no such illusion... only peace of mind. Fear cannot touch them.

Fear cannot touch me.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We should tell idiots that swimming with sharks cures the virus.

Obviously people are getting cabin fever-understandable-they should be allowed to leave home and resume work AT THEIR OWN RISK. I've been self isolated from the Idiotvirus for years now so i'm good, I won't endanger the health and wellbeing of others.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There are spiders in your house, some of them poisonous, sleep in a bubble.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The ocean also full of whale semen...for all we know that why it salty an hurts my eyes.

The more you know...
edit on 22-5-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join