It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are sharks in the ocean. Don't go in there, they will eat you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The OP is a pretty terrible argument against Virus precautions. What if have a decent chance of getting really sick after swimming in the water where the sharks were?

The OP is not am argument against virus precautions. Nobody ever said that we shouldn't take precautions.

The argument is against you dictating what precautions I should take because it makes you feel safer.

If you choose to stay home, we respect that. Stay home until the day you die, if your want. That's your prerogative.

Irrational fear drives people to control everything around them. When you are full of irrational, unfounded fear, you can't fix the problem, because the problem is irrational, that is to say it is without reason, without basis; ergo, in order to eliminate the sense of fear you have to deceive yourself into thinking you've controlled that undefined, undefinable fear by controlling every aspect of your extended environment.

But there are people who won't be controlled by your fear. Now, it's your own selfishness that turns your fear outward and makes you want to control others, but you still say that those who won't be controlled are selfish, that those who want to go to work to feed their families are selfish. Nobody tells you to leave the offices perceived safety of you space, but that's not enough for you. You want everyone to obey you for your safety.
edit on 2020 5 17 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Simple solution - if you live in Florida and you're scared, don't go outside and only go to Walmart if you do. It has apparently been proven that Walmart is the cleanest and most sanitary place EVAR. In fact, the legend says that if the Chinese had just allowed Walmart to open on their soil and then done their bat virus research in the Housewares aisle, the virus would never have escaped ...

Think about it.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The virus may not be political but it sure has seperated the men from the CUCKS

And it’s interesting to see which side of the political divide those CUCKS reside on

“Please government, rule over my life”

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

if he was even close to right, I'd be trying to find all who are afraid of sharks and push them into the ocean unwillingly. But as was said before, those who need to self identify usually do, and he did.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was at Wal Mart earlier today and I didn't get the corona from it. so I'd say you are spot on.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Eventually what needs to be done, will be done and you deniers will not like that outcome at all. It involves removing the non-compliant.

Cases skyrocketing in Florida. Soon to skyrocket near you as well.

Remember flatten the curve, we knew the virus would not be gone and there would be more cases. We shut down to avoid overwhelming the hospital system. So quit pissing your pants over more cases, watch hospitalizations and mortalities, for a better idea of the true danger.

Deaths in Florida 2049 in a population of over 21 million and many of those likely elderly retirees. Hell you are doing better than Georgia and people are pretty much dancing naked in the streets.

To me what is happening is falling in line with what this article was saying since early February

www.accuwe... ather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

edit on 17-5-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: ketsuko

I was at Wal Mart earlier today and I didn't get the corona from it. so I'd say you are spot on.

There are bad drivers on the road, I'd stop using your car.

Think of the children.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I got a haircut yesterday. Will I die now?

Signed, Coiffed & Concerned

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Yes, and you probably are a racist and belong to a militia.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Security theater.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: network dude

Security theater.

More like stupidity theater.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh, dear, I sent both my husband and son out to get their hair cut today. I'll probably be charged with manslaughter now ...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

They still have our state shut down. No beauticians and I cant even get this insane homeless dog my daughter gave me spayed. I decided to cut my hair.. it grows real fast and is real thick.. I told my daughter my plans and she sent me this :

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Liquesence
Get back to me when sharks are an infectious disease that can leave the water, get inside people and replicate.

That said, when a beach has a shark sighting or a school or gam of sharks in the area, authorities generally close the beaches.

Just sayin'.

I believe that is the next script for the Sharknado series.

Lol, probably.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Get back to me when sharks are an infectious disease that can leave the water, get inside people and replicate.

Get back to me once you comprehend the reality that we all, each and every one of us, have quite literally hundreds of trillions of viruses living inside us all the time.

And then explain to me why we need to be afraid of one more.

Just sayin'.

Get back to me when you comprehend that, even though viruses live among us everywhere, not all viruses are equal, that this one is novel and also much more infectious than most, and that there is no herd immunity, which is why it's so concerning.

Oh, and an infectious disease is entirely different than a shark attack, a heart attack, cancer, or other conditions that aren't disease but that the ignorant use as talking points.

I'll wait.
edit on 17-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Liquesence

That said, when a beach has a shark sighting or a school or gam of sharks in the area, authorities generally close the beaches.

Swim at your own risk. You can’t close the whole damn ocean.

Unless that particular beach is closed because it's a shark hot spot. Go to another beach.

Just like Wuhan was a hot spot. Closed. Italy. Closed. New York. Closed. Find somewhere else.

Get it?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Unless that particular beach is closed because it's a shark hot spot. Go to another beach.

Just like Wuhan was a hot spot. Closed. Italy. Closed. New York. Closed. Find somewhere else.

Get it?

please tell me this is a joke.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Love to find somewhere else except our houses were closed right along with those locations with us inside them, and our places of business were closed so the means by which we might leave and escape the temporary inconvenience of not having access to closed locations was also closed preventing many from having even the means to do little things like put food on our tables.

The shark just eats you. It doesn't fart around with high-minded rhetoric about how it's really saving you by destroying you.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

As a former lifeguard in Florida we do not close beaches over shark sightings or even bites. I treated one bite in my career that did result in closing the beach nor media coverage.

I know of several people who have bit and none resulted in beach closures.

Florida is a lot different than California.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Get it?

please tell me this is a joke.

Less comical than your OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join