It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

96% negative media coverage on Trump .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The left turned our politics into a degenerate slug fest. Conservatives simply got tired of those loudmouths and defended ourselves.

Of course they had no choice, they have no rational arguments against our policy positions. No logical rebuttals. They have to lower the standard to identity politics, fringe issues and zealotry in order to present any kind of argument whatsoever.

Notice the attacks on Trump are never about policy

edit on 5/17/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

And it's thoroughly deserved by Donnie Dipstick.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: chr0naut

We had someone his name was Bernie Sanders but the corrupt dems pushed him out, and coordinated attacks with the likes of phonies such as a Warren to ensure that raging creep Biden got the nomination.

I can't stand Bernie's policies, I think hes a blue sky idealist with mostly crappy policy positions. BUT he's consistent and he actually believes what he says!

Trump or Bernie, I could live with that. But a phony like Biden? Clinton? Those types? Not a chance

The US doesn't need a radical like Bernie or even Trump.

What they really need is a capable and honest administrator.

A truly conservative, conservative. A centrist, neither right nor left, and one who isn't a bully, but can get the states (the ones that are supposed to be united) to work together for the agreed common good.

Someone who believes there can be a win-win outcome.

edit on 17/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: chr0naut

We had someone his name was Bernie Sanders but the corrupt dems pushed him out, and coordinated attacks with the likes of phonies such as a Warren to ensure that raging creep Biden got the nomination.

I can't stand Bernie's policies, I think hes a blue sky idealist with mostly crappy policy positions. BUT he's consistent and he actually believes what he says!

Trump or Bernie, I could live with that. But a phony like Biden? Clinton? Those types? Not a chance

The US doesn't need a radical like Bernie or even Trump.

What they really need is a capable and honest administrator.

A truly conservative, conservative. A centrist, neither right nor left, and one who isn't a bully, but can get the states (the ones that are supposed to be united) to work together for the agreed common good.

Someone who believes there can be a win-win outcome.
You have displayed a limited grasping of our laws and political culture, how and why would you ever try to suggest what we, as a Nation, needs?

You're politically naive, that's all there is to it.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Lumenari

They MADE me vote for Trump this time because it would be unfair not to.

I'm sure that his actual voter base didn't go away, is sick and tired of being demeaned, demonized and made fun of as well.

LOL, this is really it. I defend him, not because he is infallible, not because I condone everything he does, but because he is being unfairly attacked. If he was treated like most other presidents, I'm not even sure I would be a supporter full time. I have some issues with some things he does, but not enough to hate him and wish failure on him. (plus I'm smart enough to understand failure for him translates to failure for me as well)

Odd, is it not?

If the left and the enemedia didn't make him such a monster in spite of actual evidence and reality, I wouldn't care about him one way or the other.

I probably wouldn't even be following politics at all.

But they have made SUCH an issue of it and anyone with two brain cells to rub together and an internet connection to review the "facts" that it is patently obvious that they have an agenda.

One that isn't good for America.

They have made their own monster.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: bastion

If you want the press to constantly praise a leader then move to China or North Korea.

You mean how the media treated eight years of obama?

Never happened.

He received 36% positive coverage but the majority of that was from his press conferences/speeches that other people had written for him and he was reading from a teleprompter. Real newspapers and journalists were extensively writing about his illegal land deals/mass corruption buying a property in Greece from Rezko who's the shadowy criminal figure who Obama bought his political influence and clout from, all though his initial election campaign and presidency.

abcnews.go.com...

After six months when it became obvious his 'hope and change' motto was nonsense and he was a war criminal negative news coverage of Obama was around Trump's level.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Never happened.

What world are you on?

The media’s coverage of President Trump has been overwhelmingly negative, more than three times more critical than the initial coverage of former President Barack Obama and twice that of former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Compared to other recent presidents, news reports about President Trump have been more focused on his personality than his policy, and are more likely to carry negative assessments of his actions, according to a new study from the Pew Research Center's Journalism Project.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

The real world where Lexis Nexis exists which is a database of every newspaper print for 150+ years, as I said above and the links show, Obama had a six month honeymoon period then. His dodgy dealings in the run up were extensively covered in UK broadsheets and news and and radio around the world.

The NPR/Pew meta analysis you cited is a flawed study from 20017, it doesn't use Critical Discourse Analysis or any of the approved methods for analysing and revealing balance and manipulation in language - it uses a seriously flawed good words vs bad words analysis and completely ignores 99% of the methods used to manipulate language and context of a story (i.e F shape, T shape etc...)
edit on 18-5-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

PR companies use that method to assess yearly coverage but accredited journalists don't.
edit on 18-5-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Chance321

If you want the press to constantly praise a leader then move to China or North Korea.

You mean how the media treated eight years of obama?

Never happened.

He received 36% positive coverage but the majority of that was from his press conferences/speeches that other people had written for him and he was reading from a teleprompter. Real newspapers and journalists were extensively writing about his illegal land deals/mass corruption buying a property in Greece from Rezko who's the shadowy criminal figure who Obama bought his political influence and clout from, all though his initial election campaign and presidency.

abcnews.go.com...

After six months when it became obvious his 'hope and change' motto was nonsense and he was a war criminal negative news coverage of Obama was around Trump's level.

www.pewresearch.org...

Agreed. The left saw Obama's true colors within the first six months as he fell into the same corporate/MIC influenced traps as presidents before him. There was never even a glint of Obama allegiance like we've seen in Trump supporters. The left took Obama to task, repeatedly, and unrelentingly.

Sadly, the right is just holding on tighter while the orange titanic goes down in a embarrassing mess of corruption, lies, runaway government spending, and anger.

But I know it really helps to justify the creepy worship though some good ole false claims of 'But Obama!!!'.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

It’s a good thing the coronavirus lockdown is losing steam .

I bet the shortage of toilet paper made your condition even worse .

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

There was never even a glint of Obama allegiance like we've seen in Trump supporters. The left took Obama to task, repeatedly, and unrelentingly.

This thread is a laugh riot. The left worshiped Obama and continually attacked conservatives for daring to oppose his policies. So much that you voted for him a second time in 2012.

Sadly, the right is just holding on tighter while the orange titanic goes down in a embarrassing mess of corruption, lies, runaway government spending, and anger.

That's some pretty delusional thinking. None of those things are happening. Yeah, the bipartisan spending bill was very much so out of line. But the handout has all but ensured Trump's re-election, as does the appropriate branding of "democrats trying to crash the economy and stop you from working while attacking American and traitorously defending china".

But I know it really helps to justify the creepy worship though some good ole false claims of 'But Obama!!!'.

It's not "but Obama." It's a simple fact, Trump has been under attack since before he even took office. Remember all the morons mocking him about toasters and microwaves spying on him? And of course the Obama administration has been proven to have engaged in spying, needlessly and without any legitimate grounds.

For some reasons, these lefties think they can just spew words into print/digitally and that reality will catch up. In reality, the left is imploding, liberal states are imploding under their own mismanagement and irresponsible spending, their hypocrisy and provably false ideological positions are imploding, they are on the cusp of nominating a complete senile moron (Biden) will be eviscerated by Trump in debates (creepy sleepy stuttering Joe the gaffe-machine) and a whole bunch of Obama-admin staffers are facing a growing criminal probe with significant evidence of criminal conduct by a prosecutor notorious for going after government abuse.

Every attack against Trump has failed. Stormy failed. Mueller failed. The media failed. Impeachment failed. "Collusion" has been debunked in every way. The left has no leadership, no plan, and no money left. The conservative machine, collectively, will steamroll the left into non-existence save for a handful of coastal elites.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join