It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Firefighters Injured in Downtown LA Explosion, Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Big fire and explosion in downtown L.A.

Firefighters injured and the explosion spread the fire to nearby buildings. Live feed at the NBC link below.

abc7.com...

www.nbclosangeles.com...

The fire, located in the 300 block of East Boyd Street, was upgraded to a "major emergency" around 6:36 p.m., with an explosion reported on scene, according to the LAFD.

According to the LAFD, 10 firefighters were injured.

As of 7:05 p.m., more than 230 firefighters were responding to the fire and firefighters had moved to a defensive posture for fire attack, the LAFD said

twitter.com...

Heavy fire and smoke seen pouring out of this cannabis location near DTLA moments after a massive explosion. Hundreds of small co2 canisters rained down as people ran for cover. Video shot by nearby resident
@NBCLA
Ten firefighters injured

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What exactly does Terpene Labs produce anyways?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Heard on the scanner its now being classified as a crime scene.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We used to get an "explosion" or "shooting" thread every week. CoronaVirus sure has quieted things down on those fronts.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

THC wax, if I'm not mistaken.

ETA: Didn't realize you were naming a specific company, thought it was a general question. That said, they probably make THC concentrates in one form or another
edit on 16-5-2020 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Reefer madness

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino
a reply to: Guyfriday

THC wax, if I'm not mistaken.

Right you are.

I knew I'd been told that the process of creating high-quality cannabis concentrate is dangerous... but I couldn't remember the specifics. So here it is:

"Live resin is made like regular BHO, using butane as a solvent to separate the trichromes from cannabis plant material.
The process of making BHO is extremely dangerous, mainly because it involves heating butane, an extremely flammable substance, in order to remove as many traces of it as possible from the final concentrate."

info on reefer juice purification process

Heating butane... I'll put 20 buckos on that as the cause of this conflagration.
edit on 5162020 by M4nWithNoN4me because: sp

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I tried to edit my post and ended up quoting myself while editing.
edit on 16-5-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
you can distil Cannabis turpenes using nitrogen/butane/isopropyl alcohol.
Sounds like the fume blew up.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Small CO2 canisters are harmless unless moving at high velocity.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

it really should not be that dangerous - it SOUNDS it - but i would expect to see the seperator still heated by a water loop - butane boil point = minus 06 centigrade [ STP ] . and if you are attempting to purify a cannabis produc - then the peak temp needs to be low - as many of the molecules you want are VOC with low boil points too - plus thermal decompsition might be a problem too .

if you have a pressurised system - the boil point goes yup - but you can also recycle the butane - either by a condenser - or use it to heat the water loop

new topics

top topics

join